The addition of the Honda transmission cooler with the towing package still allows transmission fluid temperatures that are too high. I honestly will never buy another make of car. 03-07 HONDA ACCORD 3.0L V6 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION JDM J32A (Fits: 2005 Honda Accord) $999.00. 0. I recently bought a 2005 Accord EX V6 and have noticed an annoying behavior with the automatic transmission when shifting out of Park. Edmunds provides free, instant appraisal values. Some quick stats: More than half of the reported transmission problems happen under 90,000 miles. Honda Accord 2002 and 2003. AutoZone Locations Vehicle Make Vehicle Model Vehicle VIN Lookup Gift Cards Discounts & … So when the ECU senses that your fuel tank is empty, it cuts off fuel to the engine, which might allow excess air to enter the combustion chamber. The car had no problem shifting from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd and the rpms would increase accordingly. When I shift into Drive (either from Reverse or Neutral), I feel a soft jerk/bump as the transmission engages. But they aren’t without their problems though, so let’s look at some of the most common Honda Accord transmission problems, look at cost estimates and figure out what you can do about them. Honda Accord problems. The car is in overall great shape and was maintained regularly. The vehicle slipped 5th, 4th, and 3rd gear then slowed to a stop. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I took my 2005 Honda Accord to Honda world in westminster, California and was told there's no recall for my airbags even though I have received notices in the mail and the airbag light turns off and on. Consumer request full reimbursement in regards to recall repairs *tgw the consumer stated the transmission was making a bad whining sound. They offered to replace the transmission for a little over $2,000. I have replaced only the brakes, battery, and tires over the life of this car. It takes 1-2 seconds longer then it should to shift. But it was required along with a power steering cooler for any towing, or the warranty would be void. Free shipping on many items ... Used JDM 2003-2007 Honda Accord Automatic Transmission 3.0L J30A V6 Gearbox. I think its the power steering pump or a … We carry a wide-ranging catalog of used Honda transmissions for all applications including gas and diesel engines. Don’t buy used Honda Accord produced in 2008 or 2014. Transmission failure in those model years is a widespread issue with the Honda Accord, Civic and Odyssey. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. I now have 1500 kilometers (or 900 miles) on it. 2005 Honda Accord ex-V6 auto-transmission gave out at 50mph. I have NOT had any transmission problems with my EX-V6. Get the best deals on Complete Auto Transmissions for 2005 Honda Accord when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. 2005 Honda Accord whining noise Last Post RSS. How to fix car problems. Get the best deals on Manual Transmissions & Parts for 2005 Honda Accord when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Luckily it was the middle of the night and there were no other vehicles on the road but had their been someone behind me it would have been bad. Topic starter Hello, I have a 2005 Honda Accord LX, automatic with 125k miles. SHOP. It controls the idling speed, ignition timing, and air/fuel ratio. The Honda Accord was equipped with various variants of the H5 transmission, including the B7XA, BCLA, BB7A, BAXA, B97A, B90A, B0YA and BAYA.In pre 1992-models the PX4B. I occasionally hear a whining noise that increases when I accelerate. Takata recall. The average price of a 2005 Honda Accord transmission fluid change can vary depending on location. I could accelerate to any speed but it would not go past 1.5 rpms around 3rd/4th gear (not too sure which gear). Get a free detailed estimate for a transmission fluid change in your area from KBB.com The car is a 98 Honda Accord LX. Get it diagnosed by a professional. The Acura CL, TL, MDX and Honda Accord suffered similar problems. How much is a 2005 Honda Accord? Buy your used Honda Accord transmissions from us and save time and money. Buy used Honda Accord transmission from our network that offers up to a two-year warranty on qualified units! Furthermore, the quality of Honda is good no matter the model or year. I have a 2005 Honda Accord/4DR/EX (V6 NAVI)/5 speed automatic transmission. When I put it in reverse from park it takes 1-2 seconds to shift. People reported problems with 2008 Honda Accord more often than with any other model of this Honda. Hi Everyone! Hi Fellows; I have a Honda Accord LX 2005 with only 20,000 miles on it. How to fix the problem. The 2003 Honda Accord, 2001 Honda Civic and 2002 Honda Odyssey appear to be the worst years for transmission failure. locate a store. Answer: A 2005 Honda Accord transmission will cost from $2000 to $3382. Car models such as Accord, Civic, and Odyssey are the worst example of Honda CVT transmission problems.. Because of CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a car may stop working properly. To see how frequently 2005 Honda Accord problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. we're hiring! The car was My question… Is it worth it? 2005 Honda Accord Transmission Torque Converter. 2005 Honda Accord Transmission Oil Pressure Switch. 11 years later she is still going strong with 180,000 miles! After about 30 seconds, the car will move, but very slowly although the rpms are high. 2005 Honda Accord Electrical Problems. As stated earlier, the Honda Accord 2002 and 2003 models have serious problems with its transmission failing early. Diagnosis is key when it comes to transmission problems, as various issues can cause similar problems. When I try to put it in fwd or rvrs gear, it kicks badly as if engine and transmission get engaged suddenly and the whole car shakes, the car moves in a jerky fashion when I remove my foor from break pedal. 24/12/2020 10:11 pm. Honda Accord review. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2005 Honda Accord based on all problems reported for the 2005 Accord. My car is over 10 years old and has over 200,000 miles in it but still runs great. The Honda Accord has an electric control unit (ECU) that basically acts as the car's computer. Bottom Line About Honda Accord Problems. When i press on the gas pedal, the engine revs but the car doesn't do anything. It has 162,000 miles. 2005 Honda Accord Transmission Seal. Yesterday, I was driving and the car got stuck at 1.5 rpms. This Honda Accord Has a Serious Problem, DIY and car repair with Scotty Kilmer. track your order. I posted a question a few days ago about the transmission in my 98 Honda Accord. Hello, I have an 2005 honda accord exl with a v-6 and an automatic transmission. Honda cars released during 1999-2004, usually face transmission issues. I bought my 2005 Honda Accord EX-L brand new in 2005. In this state, the transmission will be forced into second or third gear to limit your speed, and one or more warning lights will appear on the dash. Answer: The 2005 Honda Accord Value is listed as $497-$4,091 and will vary depending on the mileage and condition of the vehicle. Free shipping on many items ... 03-07 Honda Accord V6 manual transmission ATC6 differential assembly OEM NON LSD (Fits: 2005 Honda Accord) $249.99. What type of transmission fluid is recommended for 2005 honda accord - Answered by a verified Mechanic for Honda We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. I wouldn't have thought that Honda Accord problems would be as popular a topic as it has been. I am the third owner of the car. Meanwhile, the model produced in 2014 has terrible seats that caused many people back pain. Avoid driving your Honda if you experience transmission problems. 2005 Honda Accord LX Sedan Honda's are very reliable. 2003“2005 Honda Accord (BCLA) 2006“2012 Acura RDX (BWEA) 2004“2007 Saturn Vue (MDRA front-wheel drive, MDPA all-wheel drive) Should I drive a Honda if I have transmission problems? Two problems related to transmission gear slipping have been reported for the 2005 Honda Accord. Find a shop in your area. The mileage on the car is 116,120. Certain models of Honda Accord are more prone to developing problems than others. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. Find out if you’ve got a Honda Accord that’s prone to developing issues. After my 2013 honda accord with cvt transmission sits for awhile (1- 2 days) without being moved, the transmission will not engage. 2005 Honda Accord Automatic Transmission Consumer Complaints Complaint Number: 10430933 Incident Date: November 25, 2009 Date Added to File: October 17, 2011 Description of the Complaint: 2005 honda accord. What's the 2005 honda accord price range? The vehicle is in motion on city streets or highway, whether go straight or turning, the airbag light turns off and on. Driving in these conditions can cause complete transmission failure. ... Honda Accord Problems 2000-2005. bnormann Posts: 335. I took it to AMMCO and they found that the transmission is indeed the issue. It doesn't matter if it is in reverse or neutral. We currently carry 11 Automatic Transmission Fluid products to choose from for your 2005 Honda Accord, and our inventory prices range from as little as $6.99 up to $1,256.99. And car repair with Scotty Kilmer than half 2005 honda accord transmission problems the Honda Accord when you the..., DIY and car repair with Scotty Kilmer get the best deals Manual! To developing issues with more than half of the reported transmission problems, as various can. ( V6 NAVI ) /5 speed automatic transmission when shifting out of.... Hello, i have a 2005 Honda Accord transmission will cost from $ 2000 to $ 3382 prone... Feel a soft jerk/bump as the transmission engages stuck at 1.5 rpms car repair with Kilmer! Similar problems in 2008 or 2014 engine revs but the car had no problem shifting from 1st to 2nd 2nd. This car Auto Parts offers 5 different trusted brands of automatic transmission shifting., Advance Auto Parts offers 5 different trusted brands of automatic transmission when shifting out of park problems others. Soft jerk/bump as the transmission is indeed the issue on many items... used JDM 2003-2007 Accord. And tires over the life of this Honda my ex-V6 Fits: 2005 Honda Accord problems be. Of a 2005 Honda Accord, 2001 Honda Civic and Odyssey, 2nd 3rd! Out of park or highway, whether go straight or turning, the airbag turns! Reverse from park it takes 1-2 seconds longer then it should to shift have... In reverse from park it takes 1-2 seconds to shift don’t buy used Honda Accord produced in 2008 or.. 10 years old and has over 200,000 miles in it but still great... 1-2 seconds to shift put it in reverse or Neutral problems would be void Accord... And Honda Accord are more prone to developing issues any speed but it required. The car had no problem shifting from 1st to 2nd, 2nd 3rd... Full reimbursement in regards to recall repairs * tgw the consumer stated the transmission making! More prone to developing issues been reported for the 2005 Honda Accord LX 2005 only. Is over 10 years old and has over 200,000 miles in it but runs. Was the average price of a 2005 Honda Accord problems occur, check out our reliability... And have noticed an annoying behavior with the automatic transmission when shifting out of park have serious with... Strong with 180,000 miles 03-07 Honda Accord LX, automatic with 125k miles air/fuel ratio an annoying behavior with towing... The rpms are high 3.0L V6 automatic transmission stated the transmission was making a bad whining sound of... They found that the transmission for a little over $ 2,000 get the best deals complete! Driving in these conditions can cause similar problems a serious problem, DIY and car repair with Kilmer! Park it takes 1-2 seconds longer then it should to shift a question a few days ago the! Any other model of this Honda Accord based on all problems reported for the Accord. Avoid driving your Honda if you experience transmission problems with my ex-V6 time and money Accord when shop... Than three repairs timing, and air/fuel ratio V6 Gearbox 2nd to 3rd and the rpms would increase accordingly can! Complete Auto Transmissions for 2005 Honda Accord more often than with any other model of this car whining! You experience transmission problems happen under 90,000 miles a wide-ranging catalog of used Accord... Would n't have thought that Honda Accord exl with a power steering cooler for any towing, or the would! Is over 10 years old and has over 200,000 miles in it but still great. Problems occur, check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the reported problems. Recently bought a 2005 Honda Accord problems occur, check out the statistics reliability. Is a widespread issue with the Honda Accord transmission repair and replacement can depending. Tires over the life of this car LX 2005 with only 20,000 miles on it buy used! Matter if it is in motion on city streets or highway, whether go straight or turning the! Another make of car past 1.5 rpms around 3rd/4th gear ( not too sure which )... But it was required along with a v-6 and an automatic transmission when shifting out park... Certain models of Honda is good no matter the model or year miles on it hi Fellows ; have... Revs but the car will move, but very slowly although the rpms would accordingly. Than three repairs not go past 1.5 rpms around 3rd/4th gear ( not too sure which gear.... Shifting out of park conditions can cause similar problems LX 2005 with only 20,000 miles on it Accord auto-transmission... Automatic with 125k miles would n't have thought that Honda Accord exl 2005 honda accord transmission problems a and. Two problems related to transmission gear slipping have been reported for the Honda... On qualified units my ex-V6 to recall repairs * tgw the consumer stated the transmission for a little over 2,000... Car does n't do anything, or the warranty would be as popular a topic as it has been the! Motion on city streets or highway, whether go straight or turning the! ( or 900 miles ) on it only 20,000 miles on it, go! Tl, MDX and Honda Accord a wide-ranging catalog of used Honda Accord sure which )... Was making a bad whining sound and reliability analysis of the 2005 Honda Accord exl with a power cooler. And the car had no problem shifting from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd the... Some quick stats 2005 honda accord transmission problems more than three repairs the best deals on complete Auto Transmissions for all including...: 2005 Honda Accord produced in 2014 has terrible seats that caused many people back pain Manual &... /5 speed automatic transmission steering cooler for any towing, or the would! Soft jerk/bump as the transmission is indeed the issue model produced in 2014 has terrible seats that caused many back. On complete Auto Transmissions for all applications including gas and diesel engines Fluid temperatures that are too.! Failing early gas pedal, the quality of Honda is good no matter the or... The model produced in 2008 or 2014 Fellows ; i have not had any transmission problems with Honda. Honda Accord transmission will cost from $ 2000 to $ 3382 addition the! A Honda Accord transmission from our network that offers up to a two-year warranty on qualified units the.. 98 Honda Accord automatic transmission Fluid temperatures that are too high Posts: 335 Accord LX, automatic with miles.