This has improved compared to the 2000 Honda CR-V at 23 MPG in the city and 25 MPG on the highway. Alan. Don't rely on the onboard electronics. It is now running fine and I keep my fingers crossed that it will start after a week idle in an airport car park. by tibbitts » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:01 am, Post And NAPA said the fuel filter is in the tank on the 02 CRV so that's not a simple fix -- besides I can't figure out how that would actually lower your MPG and not have any other noticeable effects. Quite simply brilliant! The car is a pleasure to own and i would recommend it to anyone. Noisy, poor handling, over weight, windscreen pick up chips easily In fact, since 1978, only late model Civics equipped with a … by pshonore » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:17 am, Post Why did gas mileage recently drop on my older CRV? I had no idea that diagnosing a problem like this could be so elusive. I have actually driven this vehicle since it was new (it was my company car before I bought it through my local Honda Dealer). Normal work at honda dealership was is above average prices. However, owing to the styling confusion presesent in the current model crv, i would not buy one, when it is replaced by a car which has styling integrity i would not hesitate to buy one providing that honda don't do a land rover and elevate the price to stratospheric levels. The Compressor goes bad/defect. Now has 132,000 on clock, best car i have owned but i was coming from a slow lumbering Pajero 2.8!! Get reliability information for the 2007 Honda CR-V from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. It will return 44mpg all day long, quite good for a 4x4, but i wish it was an automatic. Surprised by major breakages in clutch; throttle linkage electronics; air con/heating controls; and built-in satnav. Otherwise quite solid and reliable with good 4WD capability mainly used in snow. I find that especially at a major service, it can be a bit on the expensive side. Main service agent's service prices are too high although there are standards to match. Not bad but the squeaky cluth should just not happen on modern vehicle. by Browser » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:38 am, Post No guarantees are made as to the accuracy of the information on this site or the appropriateness of any advice to your particular situation. by William4u » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:57 pm, Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited, Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities. This is a minor gripe considering how good the car has been for the last three years and i would suggest certainly meets or surpasses the expectations of a suv. by Epsilon Delta » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:43 pm, Post Probably true, but with a 21 mpg city/28 mpg highway rating for the V6 4WD RAV4 versus Honda's 22/28 estimate for the 4WD CR-V, that trade-off hardly seems necessary. So, your tire pressure may have dropped. by cheese_breath » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:35 am, Post It is almost the perfect vehicle for our weather, well currently anyway. Checked odometer and it is reading OK so no problems there. Dealer replaced battery under warranty but next time at my cost . You have no vehicle information saved in your Honda Owners account. Main problems have been rear brakes requiring new disks and pads due to scoring and the legendary CR-V squeaky clutch - on previous cars only ever repaired by replacing the brake master cylinder,expensive out of warranty as ours is. 4.3 gals/ 100 miles. l bought them new, privately owned and all had minor niggling faults in the three year that i kept each car. They look great but the factory spec Yokohama tyres wear through in 10,000 miles and cost an eye-wincing Ł1,300 a set to replace. The only thing that's really amiss is the 20% drop in MPG over the last 5-6 fill ups. It has been fantastic over the last two winters when the snow and ice have caught many other cars out. The car was purchased because it has 4 wheel drive capability. Brakes make an awful noise when stating off. Have put $1600 into the car this last year, so guess it's finally wearing out on me. About all I can do at this point is just run some injector cleaner through a couple of fill ups and then just drive the thing until the Check Engine light comes on, if it ever does. Don't need an excessive top speed so this does not come into play. Feels safe and useful in the hills where we live. Learn more about the 2007 Honda CR-V. Get 2007 Honda CR-V values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. Strange noises meant differential oil changed earlier than scheduled by manufacturer. And there is no trade off that I can detect in handling or grip. Whether it's powered by a traditional gasoline engine or a hybrid, your Civic should be saving you money at the pump. I bought one of these from a car auction in Midland area, 123,000 on clock but full dealer service history. Post by Five Scoop » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:30 am, Post I find some difficulty in judging where the front wheels are when negotiating a tight corner but the sensors are a great help.. Only bought the cr-v in october 2010 just before the bad winter weather and it has performed without hesitation. of people would recommend this car to a friend. I would bet on the upstream o2 sensor. By chance have you unknowingly switched from 100% gas to an ethanol mix? I noticed that it got about the same gas mileage as my 2011 Honda CBR 600RR. My car was stolen, recovered in pretty beat up condition. I keep each of them for approximately 5 years and change around the 100K mile mark. View our selection of Used 2007 vehicles for sale in Bellevue WA. This is my third CR-V, the first one being the original model with the 2.0l petrol engine. Great value for money all purpose vehicle that has been totally reliable up to this point at 21k miles. Neither one can be easily diagnosed in the shop and should probably just drive it until it throws a code. The surest way to know the future is when it becomes the past. Left me stranded on week one. Windscreen estimated at £700, tbc Whilst the 4x4 system is not as robust as the one on a previous discovery, the reliabilty, comfort, ride, acceleration and economy more than makes up for this as the 4x4 function was only for adverse weather conditions. Excellent reliability. I'm not a racing car driver and stick to the speed limits, returning between 43 and 47 mpg around town and up 60 mpg on long motorway trips. 9 Reasons for Bad Gas Mileage. Calculate your mileage using your odometer and the amount of gas pumped at the station. The 2015 Honda CR-V has 1 problems reported for poor mpg. Obvious stuff is/are O2 sensor, MAF sensor, PCV valve, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor, etc... Could just be getting old. Expensive to repair and run (fuel) out of warranty. Bad Credit? I drove a 2007 5-passenger Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD with Real Time™ 4-wheel drive. Here are some of the more common issues that can affect the fuel efficiency of most cars. Everything I can check has been checked, including the warning light function, odometer, tire pressure, spark plugs, air filter, gasoline source, etc. Causes of bad gas mileage. Outstanding economy and practicality. by Kuota Rider » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:33 am, Post