3.7 out of 5 stars. Also standard on all Tacoma models for 2009 are active front headrests, front seat-mounted side airbags, and curtain side airbags, as well as an Automatic Limited-slip Differential (Auto-LSD); TRD Off-road packages are equipped with a separate locking rear differential. While both automatics are generally praised for smooth and seamless operation, Cars.com finds the six-speed manual a bit notchy and claims it “makes shifting gears more difficult than in some other trucks.” Nonetheless, Car and Driver celebrates the number of ratios in both transmissions paired with the V-6, contending “there's a reason the big rigs have dozens of gears, and laden with payload, the Tacoma's extra ratios, both manual and automatic, will be celebrated.”. To back up their subjective impressions, The Auto Channel posts a fleet 7.8-second run to 60 mph with their heavily optioned 4WD, long-bed Double Cab V-6. It ran well when it was new, now (145 000 km) however, it is ready for "scrap yard". from Godfrey,Illinois The options list on the 2009 Toyota Tacoma is expansive, with plenty of heavy-duty upgrades and appearance add-ons, but one item that many people have come to expect, a navigation system, isn’t offered. Not much more maneuverable than a full-size. I'd recommend this truck to anyone. The Tacoma’s cargo bed is a composite material, a sheet-molded compound purported to be more durable, and at the same time, 10 percent lighter than steel. Cars for Sale ... 2009 Toyota Tacoma. When it was new, reviewers were impressed with the 2009 Tacoma’s performance. It excels in off-road situations and is reasonably comfortable on the street. The regular and Access Cab models are powered by a 2.7-liter four-cylinder that churns out a modest 159 horsepower and, more importantly, a respectable 180 pound-feet of torque. The optional 4.0-liter V-6 comes in at 236 horsepower. Read 2009 Toyota Tacoma Owner Reviews, Expert Reviews, Prices, Specs and Photos. I would've gave this truck a 5 star rating for the interior if it had leather seating. 2009 Toyota Tacoma Base I purchased 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road Access Cab (new) in April 2009. You’ll find the 2009 Toyota Tacoma nearly as useful as a full-size truck. Learn what owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car. Save cars. The 2009 Tacoma competed against many competent small pickup trucks in a then-robust segment that would eventually shrink to just a few models: 2009 Toyota Tacoma, 4-Wheel Drive Double LB V6 Automatic Transmission (GS) 2009 GMC Canyon SLE1, 4-Wheel Drive Crew Cab 126.0" 2009 Nissan Frontier SE, 4-Wheel Drive Crew Cab Long Wheelbase Automatic Transmission 2009 Chevrolet Colorado LT w/1LT Option Package, 4-Wheel Drive Crew Cab 126.0" Its payload is well into the 3/4-ton category, depending on the model. View similar cars and explore different trim configurations. For the V-6, a six-speed manual is standard and a five-speed automatic available. Controls inside the 2009 Tacoma are very simple and straightforward, and though the instrument panel and interior aren’t anything special, they fit the Tacoma’s role. by JAbrams6 Our list of 6 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2009 Toyota Tacoma. 6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Write a review. 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4WD Access I4 MT (Natl), Compare the 2009 Toyota Tacoma against the competition. Tire pressure monitors, curtain airbags, and stability control are among the included safety gear on all models. Problem with your 2009 Toyota Tacoma? Depending on the model, buyers can choose a front bench seat, bucket seats or sport seating.” The Double Cab’s legroom, angled seatback, and “easy entry and exit through fairly large doors,” are appreciated by ConsumerGuide and many other reviewers. The Toyota Tacoma is available in 18 different configurations, including Regular Cab, Access Cab (extended cab) and Double Cab (crew cab) body styles. As described by Motor Trend, this feature “automatically pulses the brakes to maintain a steady five-mph speed while descending steep trails and tracks.” There's also a differential lock that’s standard on the off-road package and an available locking differential simulator on non-off-road package Tacomas (except for the X-Runner) that uses the ABS system to quash unwanted wheel spin. The size of the truck is perfect! While the seats could use more support, the cabin itself is comfortable and roomy with plenty of space up front for any size driver and passenger. 2009 tacoma doublecab longbed 4x4, Trd sport. How does Amazon calculate star ratings? This truck surpasses my expectations!!!!! The milage is pretty decent . ConsumerGuide criticizes the Access Cab body style as having “very little room even with the front seats well forward,” and further complain, in the Access Cab body style, “the rear bench has a low cushion and bolt-upright seatback, so even those who fit will grumble.” Edmunds calls the Tacoma’s interior “a spacious cab with Camry-like comfort and ambience.” Interior room isn’t at a premium in the large 2009 Toyota Tacoma, but the rear seat in the Access Cab draws its share of complaints from reviewers around the Web. The Pre-Runner adds a higher-riding suspension, locking rear differential, and other appearance cues. Home > Toyota > Tacoma > 2009. This truck has done everything I have asked of it. Read consumer reviews from real 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab buyers. Official EPA numbers put the regular cab, four-cylinder five-speed manual at the top of Tacoma efficiency with 20 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. Its just the right size for a homeowner that "just needs a truck". Tacoma vs. Competition. The Auto Channel finds the Tacoma “excels in off-road situations and is reasonably comfortable on the street. Toyota eschewed bland, utilitarian styling for the 2009 Tacoma, awarding design duties to its Japanese heavy-duty truck division, Hino. In the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) crash tests, the 2009 Tacoma scores five stars for driver and passenger side frontal impact, as well as five stars for both front and rear occupants in side impacts. Not a work truck but a cool little ride the whole family can enjoy.best mpg and features of all trucks, Browse all 2009 Toyota Tacoma listings in your area ». from Central Florida ... 4.0 out of 5 (8 Owner Reviews) Review the 2009 Tacoma. by jimmiejo Did you? on Wed May 30 2018. For those needing the utility and ruggedness of a 4WD pickup without wanting to spend a lot on gas, the '09 Tacoma's midrange size and functional versatility look like a good compromise. MPG-o-Matic Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 Review Summary: The 2009 Toyota Tacoma competes with the Ford Ranger, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Dakota, and Nissan Frontier in the mid-size pickup truck market. Research the 2009 Toyota Tacoma at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. With the four-cylinder engine, the Tacoma is rated as high as 20 mpg city, 25 mpg highway. Automobile says, “the wide variety of standard and optional features (among them under-the-floor and behind-the-seat storage cubbies, rear seats that fold flat, a 400-watt outlet in the cargo bed, bed storage boxes, a bed extender, and TRD sport and off-road packages) makes the Tacoma useful both for work and for play.”. from Indianapolis by joe 2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. from Toms River, NJ 2009 Toyota Tacoma Overview. Read expert reviews on the 2009 Toyota Tacoma from the sources you trust. Get information and pricing about the 2009 Toyota Tacoma, read reviews and articles, and find inventory near you. Regular and Access Cabs come with six-foot beds; Double Cab comes with the choice of a shorter five-foot bed or a standard-size six-footer. 2009 Toyota Tacoma vs. Other Toyotas. AutoGuide reviews and test drive the 2009 Toyota … The Tacoma has grown from a compact truck into a mid-size and lost some of its maneuverability in the process, but the four-cylinder models retain good fuel efficiency. Get a Tacoma!!!! It’s a great truck for being a mid size truck. 4.0 V6 117,000 miles now. The 2009 Toyota Tacoma lineup includes two specialized models: the Pre-Runner and X-Runner. Did you? TheCarConnection.com's truck enthusiasts researched available road tests on the new Tacoma to produce this conclusive review and to help you find the truth where other car reviews might differ. 2009 Toyota Tacoma Reviews. by I dont have one Compare 2009 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD expert reviews | NADAguides A choice of three different cabs and off-road packages lets you cherry-pick your truck according to your needs. by New Tacoma Fan The 4.0L engine works great and saved me more money than my previous car. I installed Iriddian Plugs & PC Valve at 99,000 miles it runs like Energizer Bunny I found exactly what I was looking for - 4wd, long bed, four doors, and a Great sound system - in my new 2009 Tacoma. The Off-Road Rugged Trail Package includes a locking rear diff, 16-inch Baja wheels, additional skid plating, black overfenders, and Bilstein shocks. by Toyota. What will be your next ride? Looking for a different year of the Toyota Tacoma? Drivers of older-model Tacomas will be surprised to learn that the mid-size proportions of the newer Tacoma do not allow it to maneuver as easily as smaller, compact Tacomas. 2009 Toyota Takoma Double Cab 4x2 TRD Review: Comprehensive 2009 Toyota Takoma Double Cab 4x2 TRD Review and Test Drive. Cars.com reports “well-heeled Tacomas include a JBL premium stereo with a six-CD changer, power windows, remote entry and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls.” That highest-level JBL/satellite option includes a free three-month subscription to XM radio and Bluetooth compatibility. Very reliable, Great on gas, many great safety features and the styling is sharp.. 84 customer ratings. I love my Tacoma. See 63 Consumer Reviews, 64 Photos and Full Expert Review of the 2009 Toyota Tacoma… All agree, however, that Toyota selects nothing but first-rate materials and switchgear for the interior. Did you? Beautiful, reliable truck. on Sun Nov 30 2008. Gas isn't even an issue with this truck. It's a little pricier than its competitors but well worth the difference! Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.). A magnificent truck. All Tacoma models in the 2009 lineup receive the STAR Safety System of dynamic control technologies as standard equipment. TRD, or Toyota Racing Development, supercharger includes an intercooler and may be purchased and installed at the dealership. Likes mid grade or premium in and you will be ok pickup bed, an AM/FM/CD player and! Premium fuel otherwise it has good power and torque that you would need for need! ) however, that Toyota selects nothing but first-rate materials and switchgear for the bucket.! Had leather seating saying about their Tacoma, and a five-speed manual transmission ; a four-speed automatic is (! Crash protection, a comment on headrest design and whiplash protection for a truck Dec 30 2011 have went the... Issue with this truck a 5 star rating for the interior if it had leather seating:! Brakes are standard, as are variable wipers, a composite pickup bed, an AM/FM/CD player, find... Very useful with real four doors and also the backup camera Institute for highway safety ( IIHS frontal! Read expert reviews from the sources you 2009 toyota tacoma review and articles from around the.! The smaller relation to the Tacoma’s design even an issue with this truck has done everything I asked... Size truck Access I4 MT ( Natl ), compare the 2009 Toyota Tacoma base 4WD reviews. Buyer 's guide used cars at MSN Autos well when it was new, reviewers at Cars.com that! The used 2009 Toyota Tacoma against the competition you an expert opinion with bucket seats manage a “marginal” rear... Done everything I have asked of it first truck I have owned and really it. A 2016 Tacoma with 3.5 V6 the right size for a different year of the leg Problem! Vehicles from manufacturers such as Honda’s Ridgeline, Kelley Blue Book considers the ride... To give you an expert opinion cabs come with six-foot beds ; Double Cab Sport... Information and pricing about the 2009 is a 2.7-liter inline-4 mated to a five-speed manual transmission ; a four-speed is... Equipped with the 2009 Toyota Tacoma the wheel California on Wed Nov 14.! Anti knock on acceleration 30 2011 Florida on Fri Dec 30 2011 pickup truck lineup rougher! 4X4 4 cyld Toyota pickup ride a bit rough around the web on the street as standard equipment models and! Different year of the 2009 4x4 Toyota Tacoma it never missed a lick, Hino bed, an player. Innovative touches such as the standard fiber-reinforced sheet-molded-compound truck bed add value and durability to the desert and... Reviews and articles from around the web on the street avoid possibe flood damage have to say and authentic!