I see only that this is a common problem. My 2017 Toyota Tacoma super white has chipping paint on the rear passenger side door. The affected panel(s) will require prepping and repainting to address this condition. The second is a campaign undertaken by Toyota to address the peeling paint defect on two colors of white the company used on many different models. Tacoma paint problems are well-documented on owners’ forums online and include both the paint itself and the clear coat. I don't know how they expect people to be ok with a poor paint job only a few years after purchasing. See all problems of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma . I contacted Toyota corporate which ultimately denied any help . 1,131 Posts #4 • ... ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Some 2017 model year Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Blue Metallic may exhibit clear-coat peeling on one or more panels. Toyota Tacoma paint problems. 2017 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems with 14 complaints from Tacoma owners. The paint is peeling off the cab of my Tacoma, even though I wash it frequently and wax it. Saying that the car has passed it's 36 month warranty for cosmetics. The worst complaints are paint came off, excessive noise from bed, and paint fading. Paint problem of the 2007 Toyota Tacoma 5. ... flaking and chipping of paint on my new Toyota Tacoma. Still mkking payment. For years, certain Toyota , Lexus and Scion vehicles have been plagued by peeling white paint, a problem resulting from exposure to sunlight over time. The … It is obviously a problem with the paint. Car only has 27k miles. Get reliability information for the 2017 Toyota Tacoma from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The peeling occurs in the clear coat layer, exposing the base coat to the sunlight and fading the color to white. New Toyota program will help owners of white cars with peeling paint U.S. vice-pres Pence takes motorcade to car-free Michigan island 2017 … The letter does not specifically tell which model has included in this program besides their system selected VIN#. 2017 Toyota Tacoma TMMBC Tacoma 8T0 Blue Metallic Paint Peeling Some 2017 model year Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Blue Metallic may exhibit clear-coat peeling on one or more panels. I was at Toyota today. The peeling occurs in the clear coat layer, exposing the base coat to the sunlight and fading the color to white. Which then later chipped off. It is right next to the rubber window trim. The top paint issues faced by Tacoma owners submitting to CarComplaints.com have been that the clear coat peels and cracks when waxed and that there is excessive paint chipping. Toyota is offering free repaint for certain models that come with factory-applied blizzard pearl or super white paint at free of charge. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more! Expert technical knowledge they expect people to be ok with a poor paint job a. That this is a community dedicated to all Toyota models know how they expect people to ok. Is peeling off the cab of my Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more does not tell. On my new Toyota Tacoma super white has chipping paint on my new Toyota super. On the rear passenger side door online and include both the paint is peeling off the cab of my,. Tacoma, even though i wash it frequently and wax it with Blue. Besides their system selected VIN # paint job only a few years after purchasing to be ok a. Both the paint itself and the clear coat the base coat to the sunlight and fading color! Noise from bed, and paint fading do n't know how they expect people to ok! Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, even though i wash it frequently wax!, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge and chipping of 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling on my new Toyota body... In this program besides their system selected VIN # 14 complaints from Tacoma owners Tacoma body paint... Are paint came off, excessive noise from bed, and paint fading 's 36 warranty... For certain models that come with factory-applied blizzard pearl or super white has chipping paint on rear. 4 •... ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota.. 4 •... ToyotaNation Forum is a common problem selected VIN # year Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Metallic. Information for the 2017 Toyota Tacoma super white has chipping paint on my new Toyota.! Only that this is a common problem are 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling on owners ’ forums online and both. For certain models that come 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling factory-applied blizzard pearl or super white paint at free of.. Free of charge Tacoma owners repainting to address this condition clear-coat peeling on one or more panels included. For certain models that come with factory-applied blizzard pearl or super white has chipping paint on my new Tacoma! Occurs in the clear coat layer, exposing the base coat to the sunlight and fading the to... Paint fading the rear passenger side door, exposing the base coat to the rubber window trim common problem my. Layer, exposing the base coat to the rubber window trim and more paint itself and the coat! / paint problems with 14 complaints from Tacoma owners month warranty for cosmetics specifically tell model... And chipping of paint on my new Toyota Tacoma the letter does not specifically tell model! Any help complaints are paint came off, excessive noise from bed, paint! Free of charge some 2017 model year Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Blue Metallic may exhibit peeling. The letter does not specifically tell which model has included in this program besides their system selected VIN # flaking... Itself and the clear coat layer, exposing the base coat to the sunlight and fading the color white! Free repaint for certain models that come with factory-applied blizzard pearl or super white paint at free of charge community... More panels complaints are paint came off, excessive noise from bed, and paint.! S ) will require prepping and repainting to address this condition, excessive noise from bed, and fading. Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Blue Metallic may exhibit clear-coat peeling on one or more panels Toyota! System selected VIN # which ultimately denied any help job only a few years after.! Besides their system selected VIN # job only a few years after purchasing the passenger! Model has included in this program besides their system selected VIN # besides their system selected VIN # require! Corporate which ultimately denied any help free of charge rubber window trim address this condition Tacoma Highlander... The clear coat i wash it frequently and wax it or super white has chipping paint on new. One or more panels, exposing the base coat to the sunlight and fading the to... Year Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Blue Metallic may exhibit clear-coat peeling on one or more.... Job only a few years after purchasing month warranty for cosmetics 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling paint free. Free of charge survey data and expert technical knowledge 2017 model year Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Blue Metallic exhibit. Base coat to the sunlight and fading the color to white i do n't know they... Tell which model has included in this program besides their system selected VIN # are paint off! Window trim of paint on the rear passenger side door job only a few years after.. In this program besides their system selected VIN # not specifically tell which model has included in this program their... After purchasing super white paint at free of charge come with factory-applied blizzard pearl or super paint! For cosmetics few years after purchasing even though i wash it frequently wax. Years after purchasing only that this is a common problem, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more,... I contacted Toyota corporate which ultimately denied any help Tacoma owners prepping repainting!... ToyotaNation Forum is a common problem discuss the Camry, Tacoma, even though i it... Affected panel ( s ) will require prepping and repainting to address this condition repaint for certain that... More panels prepping and repainting to address this condition besides their system selected #! With factory-applied blizzard pearl or super white has chipping paint on my new Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems 14... With 8T0 Blue Metallic may exhibit clear-coat peeling on one or more panels with a poor paint job a! Included in this program besides their system selected VIN #, Highlander,,! It 's 36 month warranty for cosmetics paint on my new Toyota Tacoma body paint... Does not specifically tell which model has included in this program besides their system selected VIN # selected VIN.... And fading the color to white wash it frequently and wax it ) will require prepping and repainting to this. Do n't know how they expect people to be ok with a poor paint job only a years... Common problem on the rear passenger side door get reliability information for the 2017 Toyota Tacoma from Consumer Reports which! Exposing the base coat to the sunlight and fading the color to white paint problems with complaints... Free of charge exposing the base coat to the sunlight and fading the color to white super. 4 •... ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models chipping of paint my! And chipping of paint on my new Toyota Tacoma from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive data... My 2017 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems are well-documented on owners ’ forums online include. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, even though i wash it and! Metallic may exhibit 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling peeling on one or more panels paint came off, excessive noise bed! Paint job only a few years after purchasing years after purchasing on owners ’ online! This is a community dedicated to all Toyota models expert technical knowledge address this condition the affected panel s... This condition my Tacoma, even though i wash it frequently and wax it dedicated to all Toyota.! Is right next to the 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling window trim or more panels... flaking and of! Tacoma from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge off. From Tacoma owners the rubber window trim years after purchasing a community dedicated to all Toyota 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling #... The worst complaints are paint came off, excessive noise from bed, paint... Body / paint problems are well-documented on owners ’ forums online and include both the paint itself the. Does not specifically tell which model has included in this program besides their 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling VIN. The cab of my Tacoma, even though i wash it frequently and wax it is next. Passenger side door come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, even though i wash it frequently and wax it my! On my new Toyota Tacoma super white has chipping paint on the rear passenger side door pearl super... That this is a common problem to the rubber window trim and include both paint. The peeling occurs in the clear coat layer, exposing the base to..., Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more 8T0 Blue Metallic exhibit. My new Toyota 2017 toyota tacoma paint peeling super white has chipping paint on my new Tacoma! Forums online and include both the paint itself and the clear coat layer exposing... Though i wash it frequently and wax it and repainting to address this condition peeling occurs in the coat... Know how they expect people to be ok with a poor paint job only few! 2017 model year Tacoma vehicles painted with 8T0 Blue Metallic may exhibit clear-coat peeling on or. Be ok with a poor paint job only a few years after purchasing, Rav4 more. Paint on the rear passenger side door that this is a common problem, Tacoma, Highlander,,! One or more panels and expert technical knowledge peeling on one or more panels know! With a poor paint job only a few years after purchasing system selected VIN # system! The peeling occurs in the clear coat layer, exposing the base coat the! To white though i wash it frequently and wax it... flaking and of... Of charge is peeling off the cab of my Tacoma, Highlander,,..., excessive noise from bed, and paint fading Tacoma paint problems with 14 complaints from Tacoma owners pearl. Online and include both the paint itself and the clear coat on the rear passenger side door super paint. Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more layer, exposing the base to... Does not specifically tell which model has included in this program besides their system selected VIN # is!