“However, I think the mile put the entirety of my training into perspective for people close to me. "So yeah, I’ll probably still be running by next Monday.”. This content is imported from {embed-name}. Amy is the Director of Trending Content at LittleThings. The product trainer says her husband bet her $100 she couldn’t break an 8-minute mile while nine months pregnant. Myler, an avid runner, said she “cut back [her] mileage a lot,” running five to six times a week throughout her pregnancy. Makenna Myler, 28, is nine months pregnant. A Utah woman shocked TikTokkers with her stunning 5-minute, 25-second mile while nine months pregnant. Pregnancy isn’t slowing this woman down! In the video, Myler’s husband Mike films her running four laps around a track, while he cheers her on from the sidelines. That's when the bet happened. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Though her family was impressed by her 5:25 mile, Myler said they were more impressed by her TikTok views. She recently ran a mile in just five minutes and 25 seconds. After graduating from Florida State University with a creative writing degree, she moved straight to New York City to pursue a career in the arts. The Marshall Service rates women in their 20s who can run at a pace of 9.5 minutes per mile as having a "good" fitness level. ", (She noted that her doctors were on board with her decision to stay active, since she was already in such good condition. [The 2021 Runner's World Calendar features gorgeous photos, monthly motivation, and tips to inspire your running all year long.]. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Makenna Myler, 28, is going viral on TikTok for her impressive mile time while just days or weeks away from welcoming a baby into the world. (CNN) - A pregnant woman ran a mile in under 6 minutes a week before her due date. The current world record for a mile by a woman is 4:12.56. A 28-year-old US woman has shocked the internet after sharing a video of herself running a mile in five minutes - while nine months pregnant. California woman Makenna Myler … Running during pregnancy has been a beautiful process of accepting effort and patience, not forcing anything, and letting go of pace and forced mileage.”. “To keep me motivated, he said he would give me $100 if I could break 8 minutes doing the mile at 9 months pregnant,” she said. ", It’s really something else when a human hangs out in your belly. “The weight really does a number on my cadence,” she said. Gallery: Eva Longoria Does Intense Weight Training And Yoga Sessions On The Reg (Women's Health), “In month two, Mike was convinced running an 8-minute mile in my ninth month was a pipe dream, so when I bet him I’d run a 7-minute mile, he put $100 dollars down, and gave me an extra minute.”. But, as Runner’s World previously reported, you may start sweating earlier and faster, so be sure to hydrate well. BABY NAME WIZARD. A pregnant woman ran a mile in under 6 minutes a week before her due date. Please help us improve LittleThings by taking our short survey. A ten minute mile is an extremely respectable time for a non competitive runner. In the early stages of her pregnancy, Myler was nervous about running when she was further along, telling her husband she was hoping to be still be able to run a seven-minute mile. Makenna Myler, 28, has been running competitively since high school, and early on in her pregnancy, she and her husband Mike told Today they made a bet over whether or not she would be able to run an eight-minute mile at nine months. Makenna Myler, 28, made a bet with her husband that she would be able to run the mile in eight minutes. Makenna Myler, 28, made a bet with her husband that she would be able to run the mile in eight minutes. “My form turned into more of an emperor penguin style.”. Absolutely loving and welcoming all growth. A noncompetitive, relatively in-shape runner usually completes one mile in about 9 to 10 minutes, on average. Woman runs under 6-minute mile while 9 months pregnant, Tennessee mother arrested after child found abandoned in high chair for hours, Body of missing man found in Myrtle Beach hotel room, Knox County school board considers quarantine rules change, Free deals for military service members on Veterans Day, 21-year-old woman possibly kidnapped, Knoxville police say, 143 people rescued from charter school during Charlotte flooding, Willy’s Butcher shop giving away Thanksgiving turkeys, [email protected] - (865) 450-8888 x8121. Copyright 2020 CNN Newsource. Her husband recorded the feat in a TikTok video that has since garnered millions of views and a ton of praise and support. MAMÁSLATINAS - Not only did Makenna end up meeting her goal of eight minutes, but she absolutely smashed it by completing the four laps in just five minutes and 25 seconds! Just one week before her due date, Makenna headed out to the track and recorded herself running one mile. That's an elite woman marathoner. ), Someone find whether this is a world record #pregnant #zoomies #track #mile #champion, Though her family was impressed by her 5:25 mile, Makenna said they were more impressed by her TikTok views. There are some people, of course, who have criticized Makenna for taking on this type of physical challenge so far into her pregnancy … but again, before lacing up, she was totally cleared by her team of doctors. A 28-year-old US woman has shocked the internet after sharing a video of herself running a mile in five minutes - while nine months pregnant. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. This content is imported from TikTok. According to The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, pregnant women should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week, and physical activity does not increase risk of miscarriage, low birth weight or early delivery. Mike bet his wife $100 that she would not be able to break an eight-minute mile while nine months pregnant. Let's just say she won in a BIG way. And, you may feel soreness or pain in your pelvis, sacroiliac joint, or lower back, so it’s important to slow down, add walk breaks, or take extra time for recovery if you need to. “The first 2.5 laps were pretty comfy from training, but from there my form turned into more of an emperor penguin style—side to side as well as forward motion.”. Jennifer Lincoln, a gynecologist based in Portland, Oregon, said Myler’s rigorous regimen isn’t cause for alarm. I hope it inspires women, just as I was inspired by other pregnant athletes, to pursue goals in spite of what the status quo says we ought to pursue. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, 'RHOC' Star Emily Simpson Shows Off Weight Loss, First Woman Free-Climbs El Capitan Route In 1 Day, The 13 Best Punching Bags For Home Boxing Workouts, Lizzo Shares Nearly-Naked Bikini Instagram Photos. California woman … CAFEMOM - California woman Makenna Myler says she's been running five to six times a week during her pregnancy. She told BuzzFeed, "I cut back my mileage a lot and have been a lot slower, but I have been very particular with my strength training to make sure my pelvic shift and added weight didn't/doesn't cause any injury.". We at LittleThings care about accuracy. According to Healthline , the average pace for a 28-year-old woman to run a mile … She ran track during her time at Brigham Young University. Makenna Myler, 28, who’s originally from Australia but now lives in California, has been running five or six times a week during her pregnancy. Age-Graded Women's Paces. A woman at age 50 would fall into the 50th percent of her age group if she ran a 9.42 mile pace. Over the last seven months, many people have been motivated to get outside and get active in the midst of coronavirus closures and precautions. Myler was due to give birth on October 19 and said she'd continue running until her due date. While exercising outdoors may be a relatively new endeavor for some people, one woman has been dedicated to her workout routine for years, and neither COVID-19 nor pregnancy have slowed her down. She noted that her doctors were on board with her decision to stay active, since she was already in such good condition. "In month two, Mike was convinced running an eight-minute mile in my ninth month was a pipe dream, so when I bet him I'd run a seven-min mile, he put $100 dollars down, and gave me an extra minute. Video / MikeMyler A 28-year-old US woman has shocked the internet after sharing a video of herself running a mile in five minutes - while nine months pregnant.