A combination of cocoa powder and water/or butter was a bit better but tasted bitter. We really need to pause for it just a second because it is UNREAL! It is my favorite marble cake (and my family loves it too). You’ll need to divide the batter over two 9-inch round pans or three 8-inch ones. Your welcome! The only change I made in the recipe was that I substituted sour cream with curd. Bake in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the center springs back to the touch and a skewer inserted down the center of the cake comes out clean or with a few moist but cooked crumbs attached. I’ve never made it any other way than in bundt form, but so many readers have replied back that they baked it in round pans with great results. Hi Sarah! I am definitely going to follow your blog. Vanilla Frosting: Instead of … This one is more like ‘YUM!’. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. I forgot to put the vanilla extract but still a very good cake! I am happy you have found a way to make marble cake highly desirable again!! Tasbih , keep the amazing work , your blog is a JOY to me !! So glad you’re pleased with this recipe. It’s undeniably more work, but the results are well worth it. I have made this substitution before with a different cake and it worked out pretty well! two-flavor marble cake. A great trick to quickly getting ingredients to room temperature is to put the eggs in a bowl full of very warm water for a few minutes. I then remembered this recipe, scoured the internet for this recipe for an hour, having lost the written version. Every picture is stunning!! Because the It was such a hit it’s now my birthday cake go to.. Any other marble cake I’ve tired separated drastically or mixed together too much… the only i changed was the icing with little kids chocolate icing was a little to much so I used a traditional buttercream frosting… thank you much! I made the cake exactly like you suggested except used Greek yogurt. A simply PERFECT recipe for the all-time classic cake! I’ve tried two others, but both were lacking in flavor and tenderness. Cool completely. want to be fussy). It’s best to stick with sour cream if possible, as its what keeps the cake so moist. let it sit for 15 minutes before unmolding. The toothpick trick works perfectly well here. Cool to room temperature. Really would like to try that.. Wa Alaikom Alsalam Faatima. Dear Tasbih, Thank you very much, I would only use a thick yogurt, and I guess you can try!! Preheat the oven to 325° F. Spray bottom only of a 9x13 inch glass baking pan with baking spray. Although I haven't tried it myself, but I believe that this recipe will work just fine divided between 2 loaf pans. Topped with a rich chocolate glaze, this is the best marble cake I’ve ever had! On lowest speed, add in one-third of the flour mixture and mix until mostly combined. So happy you’re enjoying this recipe so much! Hi Donelle! © All rights reserved. will be fine. Just make sure that it’s only 3/4 of the way full so it doesn’t rise & spill in your oven. I’m so happy you stopped by. They’re wobbly, unstable & just like you, I’d end up with half of the cake stuck to the bottom. Add in the cocoa powder and stir really well until there are no lumps and a very thick chocolate paste forms. Don’t over mix! right side up on the rack. stir 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate (melted and cooled) into one half That’s probably the actual definition of cozy! Can’t seem to find it anywhere:(. But then when my other sister-in-law said that she too had been buying the same cake, followed by my mom’s equally shocking confession, it was like a big slap on the face! Best of luck & please let me know how they turn out once you try it, so others could benefit from your experience. Beat in vanilla. be vanilla. I don’t have the best experience with them. Enjoy , Thanks Tasbih! MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Best of love on the wedding cake! If you could get full fat Greek yogurt then that would be the best substitute. Frost the cooled cake. Keywords: marble cake, chocolate sauce, easy marble cake, afternoon snack, snack cake, Tag @yogaofcooking on Instagram and hashtag it #yogaofcooking, Your email address will not be published. For the cake: Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside. I’m also happy to hear that it still turned out great with the changes. If you’re not gonna make it for this marble cake, then please do yourself a favor and make it for EVERYTHING else. Ok, I’m going to try this now. Any help is appreciated. Will give you an update later! Thanks so much for this beautiful recipe. Sometimes the plain yogurt won’t be as thick as sour cream, but then I try to control the amount of milk to give the batter the consistency I’m already used to when using sour cream. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. Hi Well you are going to LOVE this creamy masterpiece. Use the glaze right away or cover until ready to use, reheating it in 3 second bursts in the microwave until desired consistency is achieved. For the cake: Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside. The cake is so good, it can be eaten without frosting. I can imagine how beautiful a bright green swirl turned out. Very simple to make. It is actually now such a delight to eat, that it has become a regular at our house. Your additions and substitutions would work really well. Thank you so much for making my day . Thanks! I have been looking for the perfect one and I have found it! DearTasbih I was on the hunt for the marble cake to rule all marble cakes and this is it. Classic marble cake is a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake … Blanca your comment made laugh so hard, you must’ve typed it on an empty stomach And by the way…nothing beats eating cake with your hands. As for the yogurt substitute, I’d recommend Greek yogurt as it’s known to sub well for sour cream, but I know people who made it using kefir and had success with it. In the bowl of a electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. I couldn’t have said it better than Ellie and Camila A lot of readers reported back that they used Greek yogurt for the sour cream with great results. Yes you can substitute sour crew with Greek yogurt. This cake was really good! As for the milk & sour cream, I combine them together in a glass measuring cup & microwave them for 10-15 seconds. That means we could eat more of it . I’ve never tried it before, Tessa, but I’d probably multiply it by 1 1/2. I’m thinking I’ll try that out next time. Hi, the marble cake recipe sounds amazing and looking forward to trying it! Hi! I’ve had feedback from people who baked it in circular pans & raved about the results. After 2 failed attempts with 2 previous recipes, I came across yours after lots of searching and not only is it moist it’s also delicious. good that I wanted to pass this on to you. I made your marble cake and it was DEE-licious. Thank you! I’m so glad I stumbled upon it and I’m gonna try this recipe later this week- so excited!! Hey, Thank you so much share for this lovely recipe.I will be definitely try. Wet? It’s so much fun Your cake will be fabulous! I will try measuring the weight instead of volume of the flour next time. I followed your advice and left the ingredients to warm up to room temperature. In a liquid measuring cup (or a small bowl) whisk together the sour cream and milk. I tried SO many recipes in the past 3 weeks to find THE one, that I never want to see a marble cake again! In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium-high, beat the butter with the remaining sugar until light and fluffy. either pour in the dark batter and top it with the light, or make three P/S:Can you please tell me the amount of milk in vanilla batter in grams?I’m quite confused cause my cup has different measurement than yours. Thanks! Hi I’ve just seen your comments. Hi Tosbih, Would you be willing to share the recipe for sponge cake recipe please I’ll tell you exactly how you could customize it your own liking in the ‘NOTES’ section of the recipe. It doesn’t get easier than this marble cake recipe. You could just sprinkle some of the mini chocolate chips on top and it would look and taste great. It’ll harden after a couple of hours. I followed the instructions step and step and didn’t cut corners on this one (which I’ll admit, I sometimes do )– the results were 100% worth it. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Just make sure that the batter only fills 3/4 of the pan, so it doesn’t rise & spill in your oven. to make. And thanks to you for your valuable feedback! Hi Tasbih, can this be made in a circular cake tin instead of a bundt pan?