"All of My Heart" is a song by English new wave and synth-pop band ABC, from their debut studio album, The Lexicon of Love (1982). 5 on the UK Singles Chart. Harvell wrote: "Martin Fry alternates between open hearted and suspicious, warm and resentful with the turn of a phrase. "[3], "All of My Heart - ABC : Listen, Appearances, Song Review", Offiziellecharts.de – ABC – All of My Heart", The Irish Charts – Search Results – All of My Heart", Nederlandse Top 40 – ABC - All of My Heart", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=All_of_My_Heart&oldid=891957294, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 11 April 2019, at 07:32. Brian and Jenny are engaged and preparing for the grand opening of their bed and breakfast. As the third single from ABC's debut album to peak within the Top Ten in the U.K. (the fourth to be released in total), "All of My Heart" utilizes Martin Fry's songwriting skills in ballad form this time, but his lyrical penetration and romantic candor is just as effective. Song information for All of My Heart - ABC on AllMusic. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. It was released as a single in the UK on 27 August 1982[1] and peaked at No. The tone of the song is light, the tune is catchy and singable, and the track as a whole is a wonderful example of Fry's "nonchalant one minute, apprehensive the next" type of split personality in which he exhibits throughout the whole of Lexicon. Careful not to stray from the album's texture and image, "All of My Heart" is yet another slice of pop brilliance from ABC's most lucrative and most entertaining offering. Brian agrees to return to Wall Street to boost their funds, while Jenny scrambles to keep the opening on time. Once again, the lushness of the instruments and the small amounts of musical detail drape the body of the track, adding a slight classical feel to the song's flow. As the third single from ABC's debut album to peak within the Top Ten in the U.K. (the fourth to be released in total), "All of My Heart" utilizes Martin Fry's songwriting skills in ballad form this time, but his lyrical penetration and … Soundtrack Credits . Directed by Terry Ingram. The outro–a swirl of soundtrack strings, plucked bass, and cascading piano–is the most purely beautiful music of the era. "All of My Heart" is a ballad which doesn't fall prey to ballad conventionalism, with the chiming synth work guiding the lyrics, lifting them upward, and then settling back down with them to create a more resonant atmosphere. With the band's well-rounded instrumental arsenal of strings, woodwinds, and piano enhancing Fry's words, "All of My Heart" is rescued from turning into another vapid love song thanks to Trevor Horn's concern for pop detail. Brian and Jenny are preparing for the big opening of their bed and breakfast, Emily's Country Inn, when a huge storm hits Bucks County. Brennan Elliot talks about the "All of My Heart" sequel, "All of My Heart: Inn Love." "[2], In 2005, Jess Harvell of Pitchfork listed "All of My Heart" as his favorite UK song of the post-punk "new pop" era, describing it as "ABC's slickest and most gorgeous single, and yet also possibly their most bitter." But when a big storm hits Bucks County, all their plans end up sopping wet! In a retrospective review of the song, AllMusic critic Mike DeGagne wrote: "The lushness of the instruments and the small amounts of musical detail drape the body of the track, adding a slight classical feel to the song's flow. All of My Heart (2015 TV Movie) Soundtracks. The B-side, "Overture", was an instrumental, orchestral medley of songs from The Lexicon of Love, arranged by Anne Dudley. About All of My Heart: Inn Love. With Lacey Chabert, Brennan Elliott, Heather Doerksen, Daniel Cudmore. See also. Worlds Apart Written and Performed by Joshua Radin. 5 on the UK Singles Chart.The B-side, "Overture", was an instrumental, orchestral medley of songs from The Lexicon of Love, arranged by Anne Dudley "All of My Heart" is a song by English new wave and synth-pop band ABC, from their debut studio album, The Lexicon of Love (1982). It was released as a single in the UK on 27 August 1982 and peaked at No.