This is my essential morning routine. Add the oat milk, almond butter, dates, cinnamon, cayenne, orange peel, and vanilla to a small or medium saucepan. Pour maple syrup into a mug, then stir in coffee, frothed milk, and almond extract. Pour the milk into a high speed blender and add the almond extract and maple syrup. Have a look around! The latte is made simply by pouring brewed coffee over maple syrup, then adding a bit of almond extract. Milk heated in the microwave and shaken turns into the frothy stuff of lattes you’d look for at Starbucks. My favorite part? In a small saucepan over medium-high heat bring the milk, spices, and almond butter to a low boil. Combine brewed coffee, steamed milk, Tate + Lyle® Vanilla Pure Cane Syrup, and almond extract in a heatproof mug. Once boiling remove from the heat. Dust with cinnamon for added sensory experience and you’re all set. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Will definitely try tomorrow morning (or this afternoon if I have a sudden latte craving, which is likely). It’s sweet, indulgent and perfect for a dreary morning when the sun doesn’t shine and the snow continues to fall. Now, I’d say I get it 90% of the time. I’m less likely to get the jitters if my latte has a spoonful of almond or peanut butter added to the mix. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. You can manage additional layers of account protection via your account information settings. I hope you all love this morning treat as much as I do. A splash of almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and drizzle of pure maple syrup and I’m good to go. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Many of my college study sessions were fueled by grande brownie frappuccinos. Search FAQ’s or contact us. Yea, verily, there is. While it sounds complicated, it literally takes minutes to make (once your almonds are soaked!). Bring to a rapid simmer and maintain it for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. What a treat! The Taste You Trust™Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. Yum! vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, brown rice, coffee, coconut cream and 4 more Almond Milk Chai Latte Mother Thyme ground cardamom, cinnamon stick, raw honey, ground cloves, tea bags and 4 more Because we are constantly improving our products, we encourage you to read the ingredient statement on our packages at the time of your purchase. There are two different ways to make a hot latte with almond milk… If you have an espresso machine or a K-Cafe coffee maker – Make 2 shots of espresso and heat/foam one cup of almond milk. Once I realized that I didn’t really want to drink so many calories, though, I gradually transitioned to my standard order of coffee plus cream, even at coffee shops. McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract. Are you sure you want to remove from My Spices? At 96 calories, it’s the perfect slightly sweet drink to pair with an afternoon snack without filling you up well past dinner. It’s your way to save recipes and spices, get inspired — and receive special offers and discounts. Hi, I'm Sarah. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. After you … In fact, when my husband and I recently binge-watched our way through the TV series Alone, where contestants fend for themselves in the wilderness, living off the land for up to 100 days, I wasn’t thinking so much about how much I’d miss my family and friends if I were on the show. Get up in the morning, go to the bathroom, brush my teeth (yes, before breakfast, I know it’s weird), make coffee. Treat yourself to a homemade, single-serve Toasted Almond Latte. Stir in coffee and extracts. Build your digital pantry, save recipes, get cooking tips, and more! Depending on how rich your almond milk is and whether or not you choose to sweeten your vegan beverage, almond milk latte may be as low in energy as 88 calories per 16 oz (425 g) serving. With all that being said, this latte is a game changer. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. I was thinking: I could NOT go without coffee that long. … Add the espresso to a mug, top with heated almond milk… Would love to know where you got the lovely mug. Your email address will not be published. I will be making this tomorrow morning if I can wait that long! Combine all ingredients in a mug, microwave and enjoy! A good almond latte needs to be made with a thick homemade vanilla almond milk creamer. Enter your email address to subscribe to A Love Letter to Food and receive notifications of new posts by email. Milk heated in the microwave and shaken turns into the frothy stuff of lattes you’d look for at Starbucks. Both taste great and I always welcome the change in routine but when it comes down to it, I really am a black coffee kind of gal. I drink coffee every day, without fail. With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe for a Maple Almond Latte is proof that it doesn’t take special equipment or fancy add-ins to elevate a simple cup of coffee into something a little more special. This looks delicious! Then again, as a foodie, I can’t help the occasional experimentation with my favorite beverage. However, if I’m feeling fancy I’ll top my morning brew with a little raw cow’s milk (from some local farmers) or with a splash of homemade almond milk. Maybe there’s more I could do with my same old, same old cup of drip coffee. Try using almond instead of vanilla in your tahini honey cookies, so good! Directions. Made in less than five minutes, this delicious drink features the warm, signature flavors of McCormick® Pure Almond and Vanilla Extracts. Especially with fall at least sort of on the horizon–it arrives in Phoenix around November 15th–hot coffee calls my name with increasing frequency. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Contact Us. Pour the milk into a high speed blender and add the almond extract and maple syrup. Top with whipped cream and chopped almonds. In fact, being a creature of habit of almost robot-level proportions, I’m a bit militant about it. I typically take my morning cup of coffee strong and black. In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat, stirring constantly. Mix milk and sugar in a microwavable coffee mug. I think I will make some this weekend when my sisters come to visit! When I make homemade lattes I like to add something a little fatty (typically in the form of a nut butter) to help fill me up and give my drink ultra creaminess. And, bonus–it doesn’t take that much time, either. *Click here to view our nutritional definitions. Manage your digital pantry, create shopping lists, get recipe inspiration and more. I'm a wife, mom of three, and cooking enthusiast who also happens to be a nutritionist! Before I got tuned in to (mostly) healthy eating and ultimately became a nutritionist, I was no stranger to the Starbucks super-sized dessert disguised as coffee. Stay warm. Drinking this aromatic latte doesn’t mean taking in a whole meal’s worth of calories, or a donut’s worth of sugar. Wow that looks like exactly what I need these days! So it’s a little strange how little I seem to experiment with the stuff. If you’re a fan of anything maple or almond, I think you’ll dig blending the two dreamy flavors together. We value your privacy. Looking for a better-for-you substitute for lo mein noodles? I have a weakness for anything flavored with almond extract and I don’t cook/bake with it nearly enough. I Tried the Vitamix FC-50 FoodCycler Countertop Composter, 12 Tastiest Homemade Coffee Drinks From a Nutritionist | Buzarr.com, 12 most delicious homemade coffee drinks from a nutritionist – TheAwesomeGuru, Lemon-Dill Orzo with Chickpeas and Artichokes. This drink is a great way satisfy that almond craving and while I wont drink this every morning (it’s more of a special occasion kind of drink) I am absolutely smitten with this morning beverage. Copyright © 2020 McCormick & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Screw the lid on tightly and shake vigorously for 30 seconds or until milk gets frothy. This Maple Almond Latte is a quick and easy way to turn an ordinary cup of coffee into something extra special! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). I’m a drip-coffee-plus-creamer gal to my core. A coffeeshop quality drink (with half the calories) in just 5 minutes! All content copyright © 2020 Dishing Up The Dirt Inc. Try this season's hottest vegetable - spaghetti squash - and learn how to make... We’ve got everything you need to up your kitchen game - plus, special offers and discounts just for you! Divide coffee between two mugs and top with the milk. So genius to add almond butter to the latte, I bet that adds an amazing flavor . https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/beverages-cocktails/toasted-almond-latte Sweet maple and earthy almond flavors blend perfectly with coffee. Ingredients. This spice has now been added to your Flavor Profile, under "My Spices". Your email address will not be published. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon, if desired. Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Coconut Oil, Soluble Coffee (11%), Rice Flour, Fat-reduced Almond Powder (4%), Oat Flour, Anti-caking Agent (Calcium Carbonate), Hydrolysed Rice Protein, Acidity Regulators (Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid), Natural Flavouring, Salt, Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin). What’s an egg roll bowl? In a small saucepan over medium-high heat bring the milk, spices, and almond butter to a low boil. The latte is made simply by pouring brewed coffee over maple syrup, then adding a bit of almond extract. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. A good latte needs a great coffee cake to go … Microwave on HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds or until heated through (do not boil). I drink my coffee black and also have a almond extract weakness! Required fields are marked *. Wihle coffee brews, heat milk in a mason jar or other sealable container for 30-45 seconds until hot. Remove the milk from the heat and transfer it to a high-powered blender. (The only reason they weren’t venti is I was too poor.) This is where I share great recipes and other things I've learned along the way. Dust with cinnamon for added sensory experience and you’re all set. Once boiling remove from the heat. Top with whipped cream and toasted slivered almonds before serving, if desired.