All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos News Guides Reviews ... Population/building ratio? --> Light version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PSi5-u2bfrG_xL9Ol5WVtdSMYiulhWmeQ0b3yO_A04M/, --> Full version with solvers (uses Excel macros): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rov6bE1AD_s6qC5xi7nMSFp194Lxfhuv/, Update v5: https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/bm7rj2/the_ultimate_anno_1800_calculator_v5_population/, Update v5.1: https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/bqg135/the_ultimate_anno_1800_calculator_v51_population/. I guess the biggest reason for this is that your calculation is super tight to minmax which only works once everything is stockpiled and logistics has no negative impact. Fulfilling basic needs increases the number of inhabitants in each house. This would be quite helpful to upgrade to a newer version, too. Learn more. Theoretically you can upgrade all residences to higher tiers. Satisfying luxury needs is optional as people don't need to be happy to advance. These indicate the available amount of influence and reaching higher levels are required to unlock more powerful propaganda articles. © Valve Corporation. This can be countered using propaganda. The most recent entry Anno 1800 was released on April 16th, 2019. Does this mean I should only put in the amount of farmers (T1) I'm trying to support and let the spreadsheet calculate the population of the other classes? Then you can go crazy. I rather have 1 full schnapps line as backup than +1schnappsdestillerys and +2 potatofarm (+1 for the extra destillery and +1 as backup for the backup ?!). Thank you very much for this. If nothing happens, download the GitHub extension for Visual Studio and try again. Learn more, We use analytics cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can make them better, e.g. You can always update your selection by clicking Cookie Preferences at the bottom of the page. We use essential cookies to perform essential website functions, e.g. To write the file, dump the worksheet to a .csv, and to load it, set all referenced cells in the worksheet to the corresponding values of the .csv. I may make more sense to have 1 extra building for all T1-T4 needs and luxury buildings only. Is it possible to fix this and has anybody done it? Second, I don't understand what it means by "only starting with tier 1." I try to give feedback, in hope it sparks more light/detail in your calcuations. If you start by saying "I want 50 000 investors", the requirements will be insane as you don't have electricity / trade unions / trade / etc.. The goal of the extra buildings is precisely to give some buffer. However, you need workforce from all tiers to enable your production buildings to operate. We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. The game is really dynamic, what i think its best to do is have a commute dock, insane amounts of construction resources in stock, talking about 500+ each, and 1k wood +, and just go on upgrading houses depending on needs. Residents do not require full happiness to advance to the next population tier; only their basic needs must be fulfilled. On this website there was also offline version that you could download as a .zip file, does anyone have that downloaded and could share it? Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. For 3 distilleries, that means 3 potato farms. A subreddit dedicated the video game series Anno. download the GitHub extension for Visual Studio, https://nihoel.github.io/Anno1800Calculator/, https://github.com/NiHoel/Anno1800Calculator/archive/v3.9.zip, https://github.com/NiHoel/Anno1800UXEnhancer. ... Anno 1800 Calculator. This parameter says how many coal mines to use in replacement of charcoal kilns. Sadly the macros don't work with Calc. Anno 1800. For more information, see our Privacy Statement. But be careful: there is a cascade effect, especially with higher tier buildings, as the calculator ensures that you always have enough resources to ensure 100% production rate (it does now allow an industry to work at a "lower average" due to missing resources). 2.0: Major overhaul, added cost / maintenance, fixed coal computation. Awesome job! if you have 3 islands, 2 connected by community piers, and a +100 free workforce / island, you'll have in fact +100 for the 2 connected island and +100 for the third island. Could you check this please, or am I just bad a doing this? All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. Am I correct in assuming that this is the population that I currently have, so it'll show me what buildings I need to support that population? -Please don't take my comment negative, your work is godtier and I really appreciate it, I just try to understand it better and either use the calculator in a better way or help you to improve it. From reports and the best guides as well as top tools to strong opinions: We provide comprehensive information. - There may be inaccuracies in the trade rates / resources with NPCs as their resource replenishment depends on your game difficulty and how far in the game you are. See also Needs. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Houses have to be full in order to advance them to higher population tiers so satisfying all basic needs is necessary. Thanks! Could you please explain how the extra paramet work? Beer/Rum/Coffee and sewing machines are a literal drama to supply, especially since I need to carry some of them to the other world and supply both worlds. - The "recommended extra buildings" is a suggestion that I thought fair enough, you should of course adjust if you need to. To use the calculator go to the following website: To use it offline, download, unzip and open index.html with a browser: An application that reads population, productivities and factory count from the game and enters it into the calculator can be found here. It is better to go tier by tier until you reach engineer and have commuter piers, as the requirements will be much less. Here there's a screenshot and here there's a description of that tool (Population and production calculator) if it helps. 28.6k. There are a few requirements that residences have to meet to be able to advance to the next tier: Unlike in previous Anno games, your people don't have to be happy to advance. The .csv won't be very readable, though. However, happy residents pay higher taxes, are less likely to riot and can organize festivals that provide useful buffs to the islands' residents, production, or attractiveness. So I really suggest to use the solver! But it seems to that most T3 and T4 product consumption rates are off and I need more of everything to keep my people supplied. --> Note that the free workforce is shared by islands linked by community piers, hence the other parameters. and the islands settled, which effect does that have?). The lower strip breaks down the number of people belongs to each population class, represented by their associated icon. Anno 1800. - Do not hesitate to tell me if you see something wrong, and I'll fix it. Use Git or checkout with SVN using the web URL. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=anno.oudetijd&hl=en. Calculate your populations demands and optimal production chains for Anno 1800. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Population?oldid=13592, enough construction material has to be available. you want per world (Old World / New World); - Add extra buildings to have some leeway; - Check the maintenance and building costs; - Configure various global parameters, as maintenance modifiers, coal mines to use, free workforce, etc. 1.2.1: Fixed edge cases where truncation was wrong. At that point i had to be really flexible and what i did was shut down production chains just to have that force available , else it would not finish. This allows the population to evolve into new, more advanced social classes, which will be reflected by the quality of their dwellings. The most recent entry Anno 1800 was released on April 16th, 2019. I'll change this next time. -> Maintenance modifier: the global maintenance reduction (max -3%) you get when investing influence (trade unions). Just wondering what the ratio is, like how many houses are covered by one clothes maker before I have to build a new one? Check the "surplus": it is usually not high at all, even with extra buildings. Your population can be unhappy or even angry and you can still advance to higher tiers as long as all requirements are met. We could collaborate on that, if you like. Calculator for the production and consumption of goods in the computer game Anno 1800. The author of this topic has marked a post as the answer to their question. Population needs in The Arctic work differently and are instead, divided into basic needs and heat. Kind of like an emulator for the android on PC. As you can see, the computation can become very complicated when all sorts of bonuses and global effects come into play. A subreddit dedicated the video game series Anno. So if you need exactly 2 distilleries, adding +1, you'll need 3. A lot of it you can find on the Wiki but the calculator is pretty neat. To be fair I also don't really understand how the "extra buildings" work: The extra buildings makes you build 1 useless potato farm for example. Failure to fulfill a requested basic need or luxury need will result in the Newspaper Editor publishing an article that increased the consumption rate of goods by 10% in Old World and New World. Population needs in Old World and New World are divided into two categories: basic needs and luxury needs. yellow) cells. The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic. TL;DR: the new Ultimate Anno 1800 Calculator v4.0 includes automatic population solvers based on available resources, and now supports Chinese! :D, Too much stuff to read, best way to do it is build until you see that storage is going up instead of falling, but yea.