It also helps expand on the lineage of the Kenway family without making them the main focus. Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2020. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! In order to upgrade your ship, you will need materials as well as coin in order to do so. Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection brings one of the best Assassin’s Creed games to the Nintendo Switch and one of the most underrated ones as well. The storyline eventually changes direction to that of the invisible war between Assassins & Templars when Edward Kenway lands himself in the middle of it. As well as the main storyline that at times, is essential to follow in order to access more of the world for you to explore, There are a large number of side activities to indulge in. with the likes of Adawale, Achilles and Haytham Kenway, son of Edward Kenway. Is it locked to just one cartridge or can rebuy used and use that different cart to play got me to new to switch to know those details. It also helps expand on the lineage of the Kenway family without making them the main focus. Most of the animals will run away from you on land with the exception of Jaguars and Crocodiles but can be hunted with the usual techniques like assassinations, shot with a pistol or blowpipe, etc. Not all taverns are accessible right away and may require beating up some local ruffians in order to unlock them. No. Such issues include clipping, disappearing textures, and my personal favorite, NPC’s being deconstructed like they have been sucked into a matter-bending anomaly. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The Assassin Contracts, Abstergo challenges, Naval Contracts and the many different collectibles found over each and every part of both game worlds will keep the most avid of collectionists busy long after the main story is been beaten. I do have to tell myself that it is just a game and that I am not killing real-life animals. Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection is actually a compilation of the remaining 3 games of the America saga of the franchise: Black Flag, Freedom Cry (not on the cover), and Rogue. Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection is an easy recommendation. of Players: 1 player After learning that there is a bigger prize at stake known as “The Observatory”. The Swashbuckling fun and Naval Battles in both games provide an experience that is fun and engaging both in handheld mode and docked. Reviewed in the United States on December 8, 2019. I was expecting both games and all dlc to be on one cartridge. is not without its faults. Best Buy has honest and unbiased customer reviews for Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection - Nintendo Switch. It turns out there good on the switch not the best platform but good on the go. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. brings one of the best Assassin’s Creed games to the Nintendo Switch and one of the most underrated ones as well. The graphics on Rogue look amazing. There have been 10 installments in the mainline series and seventeen spinoffs. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Some special treasure chests can still be found dotted around but the map but there are no extra perks for finding them. The Nintendo Switch saw the release of Assassin’s Creed III Remastered earlier this year, which came bundled with all the previous DLC. Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection hits Switch with two of the best entries in the original formula of the series, providing players plenty of bang for their buck. I just cannot support nintendo anymore i will buy there first party games but i am done buying on switch non exclusives. I have played this game 2 times so far (once on ps3 and once on ps4). The frame rate is an exceptionally steady 30 fps and makes only the slightest of drops when engaged in harsh naval battles as the Switch is pushed to its limits to emulate everything as smooth as possible. Maybe, if I had a normal switch, then I would be able to play it on a larger screen, but on the smaller screen, it's not worth the frustration. The events of Rogue take place between that of AC: Black Flag and Assassin’s Creed III during the Seven Years War. Both games take place at sea just as much as they do on land. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Assassin’s Creed Rogue requires 7.1gb download to play as well as a 1.2gb for extra content. Platform: Nintendo Switch The dialogue from the voice actors is well done, though there are noticeable drops in Shay Cormac’s accent from time to time. Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection gives us two portable pirate adventures, which is a great value, even if one of them is Assassin’s Creed Rogue. , you take on the role of the rebellious Pirate Edward Kenway, who unwittingly sold out the Assassins to the Templars for a bit of coin. The two games being Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. you follow the story of Shay Cormac, an Irish assassin who is forced to abandon his brotherhood after their search for one of the pieces of Eden caused a catastrophe and destroyed an entire city. Characters from both of those games are entwined into the story of. I’m going to return my copy and get it digital instead. Armed with swords, pistols, and other weapons, You can make short work of your enemies whilst in combat. The visuals have definitely seen an upgrade with the remaster. 1,489 global ratings | 156 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2019. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Of course, it isn’t all sneak attacks with hidden blades, sometimes you have to fight your way out of sticky situations. It isn't a big deal to me but it would have been cool for a heads up. You will at times need to attack other ships in order to claim their own resources to meet your needs. In AC: Black Flag, you get the opportunity to own your own Island and with it, provide amenities for all those that wish to reside there. Should you not wish to board the vessel, another round of cannon fire will sink it and allow you to collect half of the loot onboard. MY FAVORITE ASSASSIN’S CREED DEBUTS ON THE SWITCH!!! So in all that time why is this a port worth snagging. I just bought a switch for the 1st time a month ago my joy con drifts and all this anti consumer bs nintendo does ticks me off. The graphics for Black Flag are a bit choppy but fine. I can’t help but question my own moral standing when it comes to killing virtual animals. There are also possibilities to attack from a distance with certain weapons for those that prefer not to blow their cover. The Switch version handles this much better and the draw distance is very good for the console. This is a sort of strategic minigame that has the player in control of a fleet of ships that can participate in naval battles and be sent along trading routes to acquire income and treasures. Assassin’s Creed: Rebel Collection offers some of the best value for money over any Nintendo Switch game to date with two massive games to experience. I lost most respect for nintendo and how they treat there customers. The Wii U had quite a few issues with rendering shadows and other effects. Nintendo Switch; Assassins Creed; Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection Review (Switch) Ship Shape. The Soundtrack to Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection is still as good as it was in the original games that are included in the collection, if not a tiny bit better. This page works best with JavaScript. In AC: Rogue, you follow the story of Shay Cormac, an Irish assassin who is forced to abandon his brotherhood after their search for one of the pieces of Eden caused a catastrophe and destroyed an entire city. At the Taverns, you can take a break from the usual swashbuckling, brawls and assassinations by playing games like dice or draughts or learn information from the Barkeeper. In. The optimization team has done an incredible job making the Switch version look as good as it possibly can. The freedom to create your own paths is welcomed and opens up a lot of possibilities to complete missions and objectives on your own terms whilst meeting the requirements set for each. Performance-wise, Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection is very good and it is evident that improvements have been made, as well as some heavy optimization to make sure the game runs as smooth as it can. Some of the content was not previously available for the Wii U version of the game, making it new for those that never played it on other platforms. Read helpful reviews from our customers. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Still, there is plenty to do even without the community events and the online multiplayer mode. Don't miss out on our latest News and Features. Racked with guilt, Shay is slowly enticed over to the side of the Templars and vows to stop the Assassins from causing any more destruction. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.