Another thought, you can do what I did and wait until spring; this will give you a better idea of the different fraternities' reputations. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Fiji could fall into the strong house category as well. 2:17. Probably should have been kicked off and had charter revoked in 2013 when the visiting high school girl was lit on fire, kicked out of the party, and told not to talk. Not exactly top house, but could be come de facto top house. Though I definitely wouldn't rush both the same semester. If you find a frat that you mesh with really well I am sure you will enjoy it. My father's pledge brother is now the CEO OF Pepsi. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Lambda Chi and Pi Kapp are best known for this but many other houses do well in their own service efforts and in philos, philos they host and sorority philos they participate in. You may decide that a frat is not for you or that an honor society in your major suits you better. Haven't met a Kappa Sig I didn't like or at least respect, but I don't know the whole house. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. If I went to ASU, though, that'd be my top pick by far. Fraternity reviews, ratings, and rankings for Appalachian State University - ASU greek life - Greekrank Although it's not as strong as it once was, the Greek system is still strong, and ASU still has Greek intramurals, Greek week, etc. The best house is the house you get along with. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Before you try to cut my throat, this is why I graded the way I did. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. If you are truly looking for a fraternity experience without the college holding you down, go to a different college. Hopefully I won't receive too much hate for this since I know reddit tends to be anti-fraternity, but I'm planning on going on rushing for a fraternity this semester. I'll definitely check it out! Pike just received their charter after 4 semesters. Subreddit for Arizona State University: Home of the Sun Devils! Yes, the women are beautiful, and there is brotherhood, but the days of throwing bangers are dying real quick. ZBT and Sammy are the Jewish fraternities that's really the only guys interested in them. It's been a good year for us, but we have a lot of work cut out for us. The latest discussion forum topics for Arizona State University - ASU. Thinking about attending ASU, am curious about the fraternity scene there as well. It just doesn't work for a colony. Probably have the hardest pledge process too. I don't want to join a frat that will be full of fakes and/or tryhards if that is possible. Most of the time it is like dinners, sports activities and like a party or two. It's ASU, come on man, And that's my 2 cents on the matter, good luck! Ask these key questions to the brothers to really get a feel: a) How many brotherhood events a semester do you guys do? Worst case scenario, you don't like it, you don't have to go through with it. After chartering, and after a few years, I see us hitting a nominal 80 person house. I joined one after my Freshman year and regretted not joining earlier. No one will get mad at you if you don't accept their bid, ok maybe a little, but we don't want someone to regret their decision because once you're in you're in. Also where is the rush schedule? Yes, the University is cracking down on Greeks. Because the University has demolished the traditional Greek row, many fraternities now live in apartment complexes off campus, and sororities all live in Adelphi together. More money, bigger events, more people to do cool ass shit with. I'm looking into rushing Alpha Phi Omega, its Co-ed, and a service fraternity. (I think there are upwards of 200 active members right now) They also carry the nationwide Pike reputation and have done some things indicative of that reputation. They were all cool guys, no try hards or weird guys that I met. If you're coming from out of state, sign up for rush. Be more selective in choosing them than they are in choosing you. At the end of your days here, tier ranking won't matter. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts Greek life here doesn't compare to the south but there are still plenty of benefits. … Certain frats have a reputation for partying/drinking and causing a general mess. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, ZBT Nationals Can Suck This Circumcised Dick. If you force a false version of yourself to blend with a strong house, you won't enjoy your fraternity experience. Should I try to rush with them and look into other fraternities? Teke and SAE have a while before they can recolonize. Reckless young men. (I think there are upwards of 200 active members right now) They also carry the nationwide Pike reputation and have done some things indicative of that reputation. 6 years ago. I know Theta Chi was just reviewed and now the active chapter is <10 men. Yes, the women are beautiful, and there is brotherhood, but the days of throwing bangers are dying real quick. What is the Sigma Pi chapter like at ASU? Every house here has a certain type of guy they rush so there's no point in trying to define who has the best brotherhood. Go Devils! Rush week = a bunch of free stuff, trips, & food. I believe their top tier their, but I'm not all that certain since I was only there for a week. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. There are two parts of Theta Chi, The Zoo and New Theta Chi and they're both train wrecks. Many of the middle tier houses face the same dilemmas and have had the same recent successes. Thanks for all of the feedback. Rush a fraternity that you feel you would get along with. I personally decided against joining a frat. In the condition and trend ASU greek life is in anyways all houses will be off campus within the coming years.