Or, if you want, run Eldritch Evolution. Getting your stuff stolen feels bad, however, so this will immediately make the top Salt Cards list on EDHrec. $0.34, As low as: That's so much better than a single random weird Naturalize. This way you're just taxing your opponents' tutors, or profiting off of them yourself. Until the two sides reconcile, our laws can carry no meaning." I believe we are fairly safe to assume that Stoneforge Mystic was not the turn 2 play (in most circumstances, perhaps we are on the play and they fear a turn 4 win which is also a possible scenario). The problems you are projecting are only for tables that rely on their tutors to do anything they want to, with only interaction, tutors, and instant, hard-to-interact-with win-the-game combo pieces in their deck. account, 110a El Bethel Rd, Spirits seems like something that could be considered there, Gruul also seems a safe bet, forgive me for it is late and I can't think of a ton off the top of my head, in the environment that D&T is likely to foster then, board wipes would be a good choice, the question though would be which board wipe? Feel free to run multiple copies, but not instead of Felidar. 1/1/2011: Paying doesn’t let a player pick up a library and search it — it just allows them to ignore Leonin Arbiter… Leonin Arbiter from Scars of Mirrodin for . Is it kinda dumb that it steals your opponent's tutors? 9 of them only search your library for land(s). There I am more concerned as we are being attacked on two axes, and while we still go over their head, they can slow us down and drain us of resources in a much more meaningful way than the mono-white builds. C $19.71. Maybe it is good to shake things up? Commander players all over the world like to play suboptimal decks with janky combos, tokens, big creatures, tribes, any way to personalize the experience and make it fun to play. $7.80, As low as: Until the two sides reconcile, our laws can carry no meaning. 1/1/2011 Paying doesn’t let a player pick up a library and search it — it just allows them to ignore Leonin Arbiter’s effect that turn. It doesn’t use the stack and can’t be responded to. People have said it before, but Rhystic Study should ABSOLUTELY have been a white card, and this would have been a cool way to do it, much like how Beast Within breaks green's color pie, so it was colorshifted to white in Modern Horizons as Generous Gift. Legends of Runeterra and its respective properties are copyright Riot Games. If you run 4, you have four cards that not only buff every creature in your deck but also let you destroy an artifact/enchantment every single turn. Which isn't bad, but you've got the terms wrong. But you'll probably only get 1 off of it when you flash it in. How many hoops do you have to jump through with this if you're playing it in a casual meta with about 0 synergistic or combo-cons? VampDemigod no, I didn't forget. As the deck is currently constructed then its a cool idea but a bit too risky for my liking. This site is unaffiliated. My opinions on the matchup have not changed much, I still believe it to be relatively comfortable though with a strong margin of error dependent on pilot. I'm not buying it. Yeah, no. ", © 2020 Myrtle Beach Games [Saved Store]. Select your country in the list below and you’ll see only products available from sellers who ship to your location, along with the shipping costs for those sellers. In the face of a lot of D&T and the decks that would accompany its rise I would also strongly consider a plan B in the sideboard. Any player may pay {2} for that player to ignore this effect until end of turn. . I have always been a fan of Settle the Wreckage for instance, and Supreme Verdict is also a viable option. $0.88, As low as: Whereas I have several decks & casual metas where this guy is a 3cmc do next to nothing card (maybe ground blocker?). Leonin Arbiter x1 Scars of Mirrodin 1x Magic the Gathering MTG. Only effects that use the word “search” will fail unless a player pays . 1/1/2011 If an effect says “You may search your library . Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Any player may take this special action any time they have priority. I plan on revisiting this tomorrow (I suppose really later today) and seeing if there is anything else I should say regarding this matchup, if there is I will certainly let you know. Last one. Yea, you are absolutely overreacting. As low as If a player pays , that enables only them to ignore Leonin Arbiter’s effect that turn. OP agent, like Aven Mindcensor, Stranglehold,Mindlock Orb and Leonin Arbiter, will absolutely WRECK cEDH tables, nobody will disagree with that. Online Gaming Store for Cards, Miniatures, Singles, Packs & Booster Boxes The rest of the world, who can just cast a 6-power creature from their hand, or the command zone, and start beating the player who forbids them to play their deck until he is no more, along with the other 2 players who don't have an OP agent in play and like to see it gone, will shrug and consider this the next unfun stax piece, like Stasis, Winter Orb, Armageddon, Cursed Totem, Drannith Magistrate, Notion Thief, Narset, Parter of Veils, Counterbalance + Sensei's Divining Top, Glacial Chasm and others that have mostly been self-restricted at 90% of all EDH playgroups in the world, but not banned. That's why its so good, it flies under the radar. Any player may pay {2} for that player to ignore this effect until end of turn. Also, 'tutors' are almost entirely used to combo off. On a much different note, the BW versions are much tougher. Opposition Agent otherwise has the same problem as Hullbreacher does. Free shipping for many products! Yea. As low as: Free shipping . The post I responded to described it as "That is the world we live in now" which sounds like Jay pictured it to be the only one as well, so I ran with that to show where I didn't agree with that vision. 1/1/2011 If a player pays , that enables only them to ignore Leonin Arbiter’s effect that turn. As you rightly state, the manabase we have allows us to really tinker with quite a bit here so we have no shortage of options. One has an optional work-around, its just inconvenient enough to disuade people from doing it. In other words, I don't think fear of D&T should throw you onto a boardwipe by and of itself, but rather D&T and the creature decks that could come behind it if it gets very popular. Players can't search libraries. Ads by Fandom. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts