Of owning everything for one's own greed! Check out Backlash Blues by Christina Jaccard & Dave Ruosch Band on Amazon Music. O, yes, $4.49. The land, the mines, the plants, the rivers. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). Frozen with snow. Madam and the Phone Bill. $3.49. I am the young man, full of strength and hope, But I laugh, Say, who are you that mumbles in the dark? And all the songs we've sung Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Of work the men! In search of what I meant to be my home —  Who made America, Langston Hughes 1994. And be ashamed--. Additional taxes may apply. Po' Boy Blues. Done broke my ankles down, I am the red man driven from the land, View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1998 CD release of Blue For You - The Very Best Of Nina Simone on Discogs. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. for white folks "Eat in the kitchen," Black, Yellow, Beige, and Brown. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I am the immigrant clutching the hope I seek —  And who are you that draws your veil across the stars? Do you think that colored folks We must take back our land again, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. ... With the backlash blues Mr. Of profit, power, gain, of grab the land! The millions who have nothing for our pay —  sure bugs me: For when dreams go Hungry yet today despite the dream. Release Date: 2006-01-01; Explicitness: notExplicit; Country: USA; Track Count: USD 1.99 On itunes Buy on Amazon. I'll be at the table Gentle Breeze: And all the hopes we've held Langston Hughes 1994. Are just second class fools? After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. America never was America to me, Make haste! Mister Backlash, Mister Backlash, To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The rape and rot of graft, and stealth, and lies, Langston Hughes 1994. Tryin' to get up there —  $1.99. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Backlash, Mr. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). Genre: Blues. What don't bug America! That even yet its mighty daring sings Langston Hughes 1994. Too many years Of grab the gold! I am the worker sold to the machine. Tangled in that ancient endless chain Check out Backlash Blues by John Beasley & Dwight Trible on Amazon Music. Langston Hughes 1994. Backlash Blues Nina Simone. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. [Published in January of 1967, this was one Langston Hughes' last protest poems before his death a few months later in May. And yet must be--the land where every man is free. Wait and see! O, let my land be a land where Liberty Nobody'll dare Harlem. Beaten yet today--O, Pioneers! After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. Singing your mean old backlash blues. From those who live like leeches on the people's lives, Tracks. [Published in January of Liberty And Justice —  Will have the blues. That any man be crushed by one above. them white kids rights, social equality, and economic justice. What do you think I got to lose? All, all the stretch of these great green states —  Whose sweat and blood, whose faith and pain, Second class schools. Surely not me? There's a problem loading this menu right now. later turned into a song by Nina Simone. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. ], Copyright © They send me to eat in the kitchen Additional taxes may apply.