Hi! The great debate of whey vs. casein has been ongoing for years. Note: you can add the coconut oil in it’s hardened state if you don’t care about clumps. And they look so pretty!! MCT oil (short for medium chain triglycerides oil) sourced from coconut oil has all of the same benefits as it is the compound found most concentrated in coconut oil, roughly 65% of the fats found in coconut oil are MCT’s. I know, I know, why would I bring that up?? I will be trying these out this week!! Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Tea Recipe (Golden Milk), Superfood Black Bean & Quinoa Salad Recipe, The Perfect Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe, Perfect Easy-to-Peel Hard Boiled Eggs [The Trick! Does Kindness Work? A delicious and healthy tropical smoothie made with pineapple, banana, coconut water and coconut oil. It helps you stay fuller for longer and it’s wonderful for building lean muscle mass. ★☆ Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). Make sure it is warm and not hot. You can read the benefits of coconut oil here if you missed last week’s post. Get Elizabeth’s Top 5 Do-It-Yourself Recipes Now! The flavor is very tropical and perfect for a summer afternoon. ★☆. You can barely taste the banana, I promise! Now don’t get me wrong, I definitely don’t advocate for deprivation or restriction at any time of the year, but that being said, I usually feel myself by the end of summer that I need a little reset to my system and it’s definitely time to reign things in. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/immune-boosting-smoothie When metabolism in the body increases so does the natural process of detoxification, this can also stimulate the immune system making it more efficient. I’ll miss hosting you guys but I can’t wait to become a linker myself! Surprisingly we always tend to think that the Christmas season is usually the one that sets us back in our health goals as it’s full of baking, big meals, and cheer, but it’s actually summertime, basically three months straight of Hot-Weather-Christmas (without the gifts). 1 banana, plus more for garnish; 1 scoop Naked Nutrition Naked Casein protein powder; 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil; 1/4 C vanilla Greek yogurt* 1/2 C water; 1/2 C ice cubes; 1/4 C 2% milk; Directions. Easy . I use a plant based protein and that works for me . Info. Add shredded coconut, almonds, and raisins. I know, it’s a lot to handle. I saw that a few people said it didn't get thick. It’s great when you find a quality protein powder you can trust. Baobab adds a tangy, sherbet flavour and is high in fibre, antioxidants and vitamin C 5 mins . I can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner–I hope you like it as much as I do. This post was made in collaboration with iHerb. Optional as a meal shake: add in 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder. In a blender add in all of the smoothie base ingredients (see notes). ★☆ This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Haha, that’s how it is in my family as well. Add the coconut oil last, and place it right in the center of the rest of the ingredients so it doesn’t stick to the side of the blender. . For those of you that have experience cooking and baking with coconut oil, you’ll know that it is very easily affected by temperature. I did enjoy it though. For me, this one didn’t leave any taste at all which was a very nice change! I normally have at least one smoothie a day. Melt the coconut oil. Such a great smoothie for bedtime or anytime. This recipe uses casein protein, tastes like dessert, and is incredibly simple to make. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Each smoothie has it’s own distinct flavour, detoxifying benefits, and is incredibly refreshing. It’s that easy - and free! It’s been a lot of fun hosting but sometimes I just want to link instead of being the host. In addition, my husband is also beginning to work on some strength training as well as increasing his running distance. If you want a discount on your Nature’s Way products or if you are new to iHerb and want an additional $5 off of your order (order must be minimum $40) simply follow this link! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. ], How To Make Spaghetti Squash Noodles (Step-By-Step Tutorial), Easy Almond Flour Bread Recipe (Gluten-Free), The         Health These acai smoothie bowls give me so much energy and are so pretty! Directions: Blend and serve. Coconut Banana Bedtime Snack Smoothie […], Your email address will not be published. originally published May 8, 2019 — last updated July 17, 2020 by Dominique, Your email address will not be published. It also hardens very easily when exposed to the cold. In my case the one ingredient is Micellar Casein. She's a Certified Nutritional Consultant, twice published author, gluten and dairy free recipe developer, food photographer, speaker, wife, and mama. You saved Banana Coconut Smoothie to your. Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details. Makes for a great dessert too. Coconut & banana smoothie. Have a wonderful Sunday and happy blending. The smoothie is equally delicious with it and without it. Thank you for the recipe! No matter your training needs, protein shakes and smoothies are a delicious way to pack in a lot of nutrition when you need it most. Info. This creamy smoothie is packed with nutritious ingredients. I tried the Naked Casein and decided to put it to the test. Welcome to Nutrition in the Kitch where you'll find simple and nutritious gluten and dairy free recipes, and all things wellness! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I also used the whip cycle on my blender. Well, dare I say it…the end of summer is officially upon us (cue dramatic soap opera music). There are a ton on the market. We use coconut oil smoothies in our 21-day cleanse program and the results are incredible. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. However I’m not a protein powder fan. Yum! I love making healthier versions of classic foods and creating delicious real food recipes that everyone will love (and that no one would guess are Dairy-free, Gluten-free, or Paleo). If I had to snack before bed… this would be a great choice. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition coconut oil ¼ tbsp. Required fields are marked *. Learn how your comment data is processed. Childhood Unplugged: Spending Time in the Woods, Staying Grounded with Running and Fitness in 2020. I am always looking for good protein powders so thanks for sharing this one. What a fun breakfast! So yummy! This would probably be better for me than the Ben and Jerry’s I currently snack on before bedtime! I never thought about having a bedtime smoothie! Thanks for linking up every week. raw virgin coconut oil. ★☆ I’d be 300 lbs if I had a bedtime snack but my hubby (the Caveman) is a muscle guy and does some sort of loading before bed. I got these all from iHerb which carries over 400 Nature’s Way products and ships to more than 160 countries. But I do enjoy dessert so… . Especially this Pineapple Banana Coconut Oil Smoothie. Garnish with additional banana slices. I don’t even realize I’m doing it until I find myself loafing around the kitchen looking for junk to stuff in my face. If you are not using a liquid coconut oil, and your coconut oil is hard at room temperature, melt it first and then add it in slowly through the top opening of the blender while the ingredients are blending. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 1 serving high-quality vanilla protein powder (optional, I use USANA Nutrimeal Free*) big handful of ice. Guess I haven’t found anything that doesn’t leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth and I’ve tried several. Banana Berry Acai Bowls– I love the combo of fresh berries and acai powder here. 10 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. Coconut oil contains natural compounds that kill bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. A nice change from a drinkable smoothie. We were divided on this smoothie. I love it so much but it’s time to let someone else take over. 3/4 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen. I increased this recipe to serve three. okay….I will definitely be omitting the banana garnish (LOL #overkill), but the coconut flavor has me sold . Well there’s always room for Ben & Jerry’s… . I am in. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Method: Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth, about 60 seconds. I’m fairly picky with protein powders as well because I agree, the aftertaste can be a deal breaker. Method: Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth, about 60 seconds. Check your inbox now for your free ebook. Plus, it can easily be made into a low-sugar option and enjoyed as a dessert smoothie for those of us who don’t necessarily need a bedtime snack. The movement inside the mixing blender will ensure the coconut oil gets mixed into the other ingredients evenly and also reduces the likelihood of clumping. . Honey Avocado Mango Smoothie Bowls– I love the way that honey and avocado work here to make the smoothie sweet and creamy.