I always say “cool completely”,  but this recipe is really good warm with butter splurged all over. If frozen, slowly thaw in microwave and then slightly heat. But, were good. Then add one third of the flour mixture at a time to the wet ingredients. Place paper muffin baking cups (liners) inside the muffin trays. Comment sections are located at the bottom of recipe pages. Then check out some of the other recipe sections on Bread Dad. I make this at least once a month to rave reviews from friends and co-workers (I use it as a bribe with co-workers!) I would have liked them more had they been more moist. I used fat free buttermilk & might try it with Splenda brown sugar next time. I want to thank everyone who leaves a recipe comment, tip or suggestion. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, mash the three ripe bananas using a fork. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes within the muffin trays. They really help us to improve & clarify our recipe instructions. For further terms and conditions, please read our. This helps to ensure that the muffins have been completely cooked. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add … Ripe bananas are soft and usually yellow with small black spots. This recipe is perfect for portion sized treats to take to the office or have a snack, the muffin tin is a great substitute for the loaf pan in many recipes so I do change out from time to time. This is a Bread Dad recipe and may not be copied or reproduced. Follow us & never miss a new Bread Dad recipe! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_bread, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_sugar, baking volume calculator & conversion table, 8 Tablespoons – Unsalted Butter (softened), 1 Teaspoon – Baking Powder (aluminum free), 4 Tablespoons – Turbinado Sugar (sprinkled on top of the batter in each muffin cup). Mash bananas with a fork. Add the batter to the muffin baking cups until each one is about 50-75% full with batter. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. **Bananas:  If you have small bananas use more. don’t eyeball the measurements versus using a measuring cup or accidentally add a tablespoon when a teaspoon is called for), using the correct ingredients (i.e. very disappointed. I like the other reviewers idea of adding applesauce and may try again with that. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I did alter it a bit, though, using just 1 c flour (I use whole wheat or quinoa flour) and adding 1 c oats and 1/4 c ground flaxseed. This is the best banana muffin I have ever made. So please let me know your changes! They turned out really good! This recipe is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act. i actually diched granulated sugar and got away with just 1/4 cup of a brown one. However, after the 5 minutes, the muffins should be removed from the muffin trays and placed on a cooling rack to finish their cool down. Yum! You can also turn these muffins into an entertaining (if slightly messy) family project where your kids help you to make the muffin batter, pour/scoop it into the muffin tray and sprinkle on the turbinado sugar. Stir until batter is completely mixed. So I am giving you my basic banana bread recipe handed down to me and used throughout the years so you can touch it up with either nuts or not. My kids LOVE it! Use ripe bananas for improved taste. turned out good! Please don’t “wing” things with recipes. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Spoon the batter into liners, filling them all the way to the top. FYI – This is the “muffin version” of our fantastic Brown Sugar Banana Bread. Some tips & resources have been added to the comment sections on the, This website is for informational purposes only. Cream the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl well. These brown sugar-banana muffins are so yummy, it'll be hard to eat just one! I modified it just a bit...here are my changes: I have been baking it since I learned how to treat myself with homemade cakes and breads and love nuts in mine. Use oven mitts when removing the muffin trays. Consistency was a little thick for muffins. using the correct oven temperature), using the correct amounts of ingredients (i.e. 1 cup of oatmeal (not ground - just used quick cooking oats) in place of part of the flour. We found this recipe to be delicious .. not too sweet. If you need to convert other ingredient measurements (i.e. Instructions – Brown Sugar Banana Bread Muffins Recipe. made exactly as directed with the 3-bowl technique. In addition, you should always try to use relatively fresh baking soda & powder for the best results. Mix in remaining ingredients. I used very large. Make sure to use 3 large bananas (not 3 medium bananas). These brown sugar banana muffins are perfect as a sweet breakfast snack or an easy dinner dessert. I used bananas that had very brown skins but still had solid texture so the sweetness was just right for us. Moreover, it is ALWAYS great to hear from someone who has enjoyed our recipes!!! Great muffins and made several times! MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Will make again and again! Muffins were sweet for my taste as really ripe bananas add a lot of sweetness too. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. For breakfast it is great with just coffee or milk and I personally love a piece of bacon to snack on with it. It yielded a dozen large size moist and delicious muffins! Below are some great ideas, tips & recipe suggestions from our visitors. Please be aware that this is an oven-baked muffin recipe. Equipment required for this recipe – Measuring cup & spoons, mixing bowl, long wooden spoon, muffin trays, paper muffin liners (baking cups), oven mitts, cooling racks… and of course, an oven. You learn something new everyday! I like using turbinado sugar on the exterior of these muffins because it has larger sugar crystals. After they have completely cooled and are stored, simply heat in microwave for about 10 seconds to bring them back to just baked condition. Remove the muffins and place them on a cooling rack in order to completely cool. Great, I wish it was rainy here! Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. I like to use light brown sugar (versus dark brown sugar) for this brown sugar banana bread muffin recipe. Bananas get softer and sweeter as they ripen. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 then, … Be safe when preparing, handling, consuming and storing food. Stir in the banana, sour cream, vanilla, sunflower oil, and spices and blend. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Sprinkle large crystal turbinado sugar on top of the batter in each muffin cup. In addition, the large sugar crystals of turbinado brown sugar sprinkled on top of these muffins adds a sweet & crunchy “crust”. Turbinado sugar is a “coarse” raw sugar with a slight molasses taste. Otherwise, the banana muffins might turn out to be a little dry. PS. Missing items to make recipes? Tips – Brown Sugar Banana Bread Muffins Recipe. For example, using baking soda from an open container (that has been deodorizing your refrigerator for months) may lead to subpar results. I also used Emerald's chocolate dusted almonds instead of pecans. Bake muffins for 23-27 minutes or until golden brown. I also used toasted walnuts instead of pecans. Hope these suggestions are helpful to anyone else interested in tweaking it! It is basically fool proof and you can substitute for eggs/oil as any other and add as well. If you like this recipe, we hope you will give it a 5 star rating & leave a comment below. Your comments help us to improve & clarify our recipe instructions. Stir together mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. In addition, the large sugar crystals of turbinado brown sugar sprinkled on top of these muffins adds a sweet & crunchy “crust”. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. I used 3 large ripe bananas. Looking for even more recipes? It’s really a great basic go-to that is easy to make and is very delicious. Feel free to add nuts, chocolate chips, fruits or seeds to this recipe. baking soda/powder versus yeast or all purpose flour versus bread flour), etc. Brown sugar banana muffins are delicious & easy to make. You couldn't tell the difference. Then visit the Bread Dad sections below: I want to thank everyone who leaves a recipe comment, tip or suggestion. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir until batter is completely mixed. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk until blended. I apologize to my non-US visitors for any possible confusion. *Baking Times:  Make sure you use a cake tester and bake until the tester comes out dry. This website is copyright protected under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Your comments help us to improve & clarify our recipe instructions. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. I also used walnuts instead of pecans and I did not toast them since they are on top and ended up getting toasted anyway. One of the first things I learned to bake was banana bread. One of the first things I learned to bake was banana bread. Set aside. I don't know why some had problems with these muffins; we found them full of flavor and very moist.