Related: 5 Reasons Why Starfire Is The Most Powerful Teen Titan (& 5 Why It’s Raven). In the preview for Batwoman #1, her story is pretty much untouched. @Neverpraying said: I've never liked Batwoman...I hate her costume design, I hate how pale she is, I hate how red they make her hair...I also don't care for any of her biographical story beats. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It's a shame that one can't talk about Batgirl and Starfire together without bringing up Dick Grayson. Batgirl vs Batwoman V # Batwoman V Although I like Batgirl much more, Batwoman wins this one. DC's 'The New 52" is here and we are witnessing our favorite characters once again for the first time. go ahead and add it! New 52 Batwoman against Steph: Batwoman stomps. Also it would be cool to see who the better fighter is. Or join up and defeat everyone else. This would be really interesting. I think we would all place our bets on Barbara but if she is younger and less experienced, she'll really need to use her wits if this ever happened. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I see no reason as to why these two characters have to meet at all. Share Share Tweet Email. Batwoman is easier on the eyes and she kicks better a**!!!!!!!! From Nightwing to Batgirl to even Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne consistently picks the most interesting, most lovable co-crime-fighters. Plastic Man Vs. Mr. If she was given a warning about a fight with Catwoman, there's no doubt that she would plan ahead, and thus guarantee a victory on her end. Round 1: Body kick met by a Batgirl low kick. Poison Ivy: Who Would Win? Can't they make out instead? Batwoman V up, Batgirl back down via body lock. Catwoman is an expert combatant, from precise attacks to the ability to use multiple types of weaponry. At the end of the day, Batgirl is no match for Starfire. She can firebomb the rooftop with star bolts from a safe distance that will either blast Batgirl or force her to flee. There's no doubt that she would apply a mixed combination of these fighting styles in order to get the upper hand over somebody like Catwoman. There's mention that she was shot three years before what we assume to be the present time. While we're on the subject of Catwoman doing whatever it takes to win a fight, let's brutally honest here; Catwoman would use dirty tactics if it meant she could win the fight. There may not be any reason for the two to clash in their first meeting but this is comic books we're talking about. Liz Wyatt, AKA Cat, is an avid reader of books and comics of all varieties. 9 Harley Quinn Ships Other Than The Joker, DC: 5 Reasons Why Batgirl Is Dick Grayson's True Love (& 5 It's Starfire), Batgirl: 5 Reasons Barbara Gordon Is The Best Batgirl (& 5 Reasons It’s Cassandra Cain), 10 Times Starfire Was The Most OP Character In The DC Universe, 5 Reasons Why Starfire Is The Most Powerful Teen Titan (& 5 Why It’s Raven), Starfire is ultimately fueled by her emotions, Batman: 5 Worst Tragedies He's Suffered (& 5 He's Prevented), 10 Moon Knight Storylines Every New Fan Should Read, 10 Comic Adaptations That Are Nothing Like The Comics, 5 Avengers Teams Who Could Beat DC's Doomsday (& 5 Who Couldn't), 5 Marvel Villains Who Should Be Able To Beat The X-Men (& Why They Can't), Terminal Punks #1 Is a Bloody, Punk-Infused Commentary On Capitalism, Punchline #1 Is a Mixed Bag Special for the Batman Villain, Dark Nights: Death Metal - Infinite Hour Exxxtreme Puts Lobo in the Spotlight, Wolverine: Black, White & Blood Lives Up to Its Sanguine Title, Sweet Tooth: The Return Continues Jeff Lemire's Acclaimed Series, Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Batman - Hush Weaves a Nightmarish Vision of Gotham, 5 Marvel Villains Who Should Be Able To Beat Spider-Man (& Why They Can't), DC: The 10 Most Powerful Henchmen, Ranked, The Boys: 10 Marvel Vigilantes That Would Fit In With The Team, DC You: Everything You Didn't Know About The End Of The New 52, Catwoman's 10 Greatest Failures, Explained, Captain Marvel 2: 10 Characters That Should be in the Sequel, 10 DC Villains That Would Make Great Marvel Heroes, Alan Moore: 10 Times He Was Right (& No One Listened). Next: 10 Absolutely 'Fire' Starfire Cosplays. Scott Snyder has said several times that the Batman Universe will remain pretty much unchanged although there will (obviously) be some minor changes. and she's been keeping up her training so she aint rusty. It just doesn't seem she is going to be the experienced former Batgirl we knew before. Barbara may have the advantage down below but not so much in the skies. She had intensive military training, which means it's very likely that she has higher durability and pain endurance, higher strength, and better and more effective combat skills. He graduated from St. Mary's College of California in Moraga, CA, where he receved his BA in English and currently attends a vocational film program for adults on the Autism spectrum called Futures Explored in Livermore, CA. After that, it should be as simple as hitting the detonator. LOL. SHE wins in my heart :D, Cassandra Cain > Kate Kane > Barbara Gordon > Stephanie Brown. Barbara Gordon is better as? History is on Batgirl’s side. She may not be able to win fighting hand to hand but if she utilizes all her abilities and processes Starfire's skill-set, Batgirl could lure her down, ambush her, and spray her with a well-placed explosives gel. Should they fight against each other, who gets the win? It would seem that Kate now is the more experienced female Caped Crusader. Sorry Babs. One of Batgirl's many unique skills is her ability to remember everything she sees, from the smallest detail. This changes the dynamic of their potential first encounter. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. Pre-New-52 Versions: Stephanie would probably win. They have made their mark on the DC Universe as strong, capable heroines who play crucial roles in their respective teams. There have been several Batgirls and Batwomen in the past comics. While she is technically fueled by ultraviolet radiation, Starfire is ultimately fueled by her emotions. Hopefully we will see the two fighting side by side. While it's true that she worked with Batman to take those crooks down, she's also developed her own rogues' gallery with villains such as Grotesque and Velvet Tiger that she's handled by herself. Then again, because Gail Simone and J.H. If only the Batgirl was Cass (though we don't know how good she is on the revamp), I would give it to her. There is indeed room in Gotham for two female Bat-characters. Answer. is the choice you want missing? Heroes practically always fight over a misunderstanding when they first encounter each other. Assuming she isn't floating, that is. Heroes practically always fight over a misunderstanding when they first encounter each other. There's no denying that Batgirl would manage to land a few good hits and catch Starfire off-guard using guerrilla tactics. Heroines who have fought against DC's most menacing foes from Joker to Deathstroke. If Batgirl tries to make an escape and glide away, Starfire can shoot her down with her eye beams or fly right up and sock her in the jaw. Not only did she find the Batcave on her own and deduce Batman's secret identity, but she spent years growing up in the GCPD picking up detective and computer hacking skills. Studying various alien styles of combat should give her an advantage over Batgirl's limited knowledge of fighting from Earth. I still would go with Batwoman on this one :/. Plus, Starfire has fought alongside and trained with Robin, the same Boy Wonder who has been taught the same moves as Barbara. However, both characters are awesome, and would make a great team-up. If they would ever fight, I would put my money on Batwoman. Catwoman and Batgirl. It's inevitable that the two will eventually meet up and the big question will be on what terms? Many fans tend to prefer Barbara because she’s been around for such a long time. There have been several Batgirls and Batwomen in the past comics. Catwoman is usually pretty good at avoiding fights when she's on the prowl, but when she does get in one, she doesn't win by brute strength, but instead by dancing around her enemies. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. She's not afraid to use the element of surprise in her favor. Dark Phoenix: Who Would Win? Wonder Woman vs. If DC really wants this to be a "new" universe then they should abandon as many of the old genre tropes, as possible. Let's her be her own woman. Her cowl should include detective mode, allowing her to see through walls to spot Starfire and detect hazards. I love Barbara but I have to show more support for my new lesbian heroine Batwoman! Freakin' DC and keeping things the same while at the same time having this -3 years. We are looking at the intelligence it takes to be a s With some tweaks to the timeline and ages of the characters, the roles of some may be changing slightly. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. This changes the dynamic of their potential first encounter. Whether we see a catfight between the two (or should I say batfight?) What I'm just more interested in is how they are dealing with Barbara considering the Killing Joke is still part of the equation in New 52. Batwoman is a great character. After a fight like that, she's earned her place in the Batcave and her own cowl and batsuit. Composite pre/post Flashpoint versions of all. Batwoman now is older than Barbara. Now, remember that the Okaara warlords taught her not just how to fight, but why she should fight. and batwoman is easier on the eyes? Steph would get her ass handed to her but will get back up and go again. Be the first to answer this question. In order to finish her off, Starfire will have to tap into her greatest power source. By Jackson Brueheim Apr 29, 2020. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. She could also use her skills in other ways, including switching to a more offensive strategy. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. vs: Batwoman: Batwoman. Jackson Brueheim is a writer, editor, riffer, and animation lover that lives out in California. Batwoman V looks for a head kick, lands a body kick. Anyone who knows of Batman knows he is one of the best fighters in DC so if Barbara studied under him, then she picked up some impressive moves. Let's find out. Batwoman, she has more physical training, Barbara however is smarter. Barbara Gordon - all the way! While she doesn't have that particular edge over Batgirl, it seems likely that she would find something else that she could use in her favor. Batgirl was trained by DC’s greatest detective and arguably one of the most dangerous men in comic book history, Batman. They're going to know about the existence of the other, & they're going to know that they're on the same side. In a way its actually like comparing Damian (fighter) to Drake (detective). All rounds - Batwoman V, no chance for Batgirl. Well no more! If her victory is determined based on her emotions, she'll be determined to win for the sake of her teammates, her friends, her loves, and herself. Batwoman, she's got military training, and great gear. :P, I will now glare at you for the next week. When comparing Batgirl and Batwoman, history means something, Barbara Gordon, or Batgirl, has been a consistent part of the Bat-Family since 1967. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. In Detective Comics # 860, we saw that Kate got started around four years ago. Batgirl deserves the same opportunity. My calc: Batwoman V vs Batgirl. While both Catwoman and Batgirl are extremely agile characters, Selena Kyle would be more inclined to use that in her favor in a battle between the two. Even if Catwoman was able to get a surprise attack out, as long as Batgirl stayed conscious, she could begin planning for a victory.