5 | I would look up, and laugh, and love and lift. Well baby don't put my picture in there with them Whoa yeah I would be strong to follow where He leads me; And it's been here forever ways to make the magic Who to Hell’s depths where I may never fare? [Verse 3] Do you want me too? In that period of time, I should put something out because people would like to have it and I'd like to see it get out." It was something that I could do at some point when I get to that place in a new project where I'm not sure how long it's going to take and it would be nice to sort of fill the gap so the fans wouldn't be so long without hearing any music from me". My fa­ther was a friend of How­ard Wal­ter—and af­ter Mr. Wal­ter’s death, he had a dream in which Mr. Wal­ter told him that he had three more vers­es he would like add­ed to his hymn I Would Be True. That only serves to hurt and make you cry like you do Who is so rich I may not pity him? This studio version of BE TRUE appears on The Definitive River Outtakes Collection Volume 1 (E. St. Records) [disc 2, track 06] bootleg. Who is so rich I may not pity him? Disc 2 consists of material from 1979 to 1983, taken primarily from the recording sessions of, Disc 3 consists of material from 1982 to 1987, taken primarily from the recording sessions of, Disc 4 consists of material from 1989 to 1998, taken primarily from the recording sessions of. And it's been here, forever According to interview comments made by engineer Toby Scott (Springsteen's audio archivist and recording engineer), it was in February 1998 during solo sessions being conducted at Thrill Hill Recording (Springsteen's home studio) in Colts Neck, NJ, that Springsteen told Scott that the time was right to proceed with the long-anticipated box set of archived, unreleased studio takes. Song lyrics to Broadway show. F | L | H | [Verse 1] G On 16 Jul 1998, Springsteen attended a convention for Sony Music Entertainment Inc. in Miami, FL, where he officially announced that a box set was the works and he played a tape of three songs: WHERE THE BANDS ARE, LOOSE ENDS, and I WANNA BE WITH YOU. Well baby don't do it to me and I won't do it to you I think there's some good material there that should come out. Don't make us some little girl's dream that can't ever come true Well you be true to me and I'll be true to you Read or print original Be True lyrics 2020 updated! Now every night you go out looking for true love's satisfaction when love's the future that we hold 9 To the only thing that's true Be True Lyrics: Your scrapbook's filled with pictures of all your leading men / Well baby don't put my picture in there with them / Don't make us some little girl's dream that can't ever come true You see all the romantic movies, you dream and take the boys home You're gonna go broken-hearted looking for that happy ending Two studio takes of BE TRUE have surfaced and both were officially released: official studio version 1 and official studio version 2. Another studio version of BE TRUE (official studio version 2) was released on The Ties That Bind: The River Collection box set in 2015. 6 | A | Springsteen told Mark Hagen in an interview for Mojo magazine published in January 1999, "So it began just with that idea and we listened to about 250 songs, maybe more, I made quick notes in a notebook and put it away. But when the action fades you're left all alone Everytime you walk into the room They both must have been recorded during the 18 Jul 1979 or 21 Jul 1979 session at The Power Station. I would be true, for there are those who trust me; "Be True" lyrics. Just be true and believe May none, then, turn to me for help in pain, to the purpose in our souls This is the sound of my soul, This is the sound I bought a ticket to the world, But now I've come back again Why do I find it hard to write the next line? Q | Discussing that issue in 1984, Springsteen told Rolling Stone's Kurt Loder, "We record a lot of material, but we just don't release it all. A year went by, more maybe, and I came off the Tom Joad tour and I began to write acoustically again and I wrote about half a record. On some of my other records the reasons I had for choosing one song over another, in hindsight, feel a good deal less significant. You deserve better than this, little girl, can't you see that you do There is comfort in love E | I would be humble, for I know my weakness; Info. I would look up, and laugh, and love and lift. (Jim Kissling mix). 4 | In addition to its release as a B-side and its inclusion on Tracks, this studio version of BE TRUE also appears on one Bruce Springsteen promo-only sampler. Be true, true to yourself and you'll be magic Ralph Har­low’s daugh­ter Ruth Har­low Ber­man wrote: My fa­ther was a friend of How­ard Wal­ter—and af­ter Mr. Wal­ter’s death, he had a dream in which Mr. Wal­ter told him that he had three more vers­es he would like add­ed to his hymn I Would Be True. So I thought, instead of waiting for another year to put something out I'll put some of this music together. Make sure your selection I would be strong, for there is much to suffer; Then I wrote half of an electric record, and hit the same place. I would be constantly in touch with God; The wonder's all around you believe and you'll be fine I'm just scared to know the ending I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless; I regularly pondered that question myself. Your scrapbook's filled with pictures of all your leading men / Well baby don't put my - Bruce Springsteen, September 1998, Bruce Springsteen's albums were thematically linked even if they were not strictly concept albums; so some tracks that didn't fit the theme of the album ended up orphaned, not necessarily because they didn't meet his high standards, but because, he says, they didn't fit in with the tone or themes he mined for each set.