But Marie Dopnier, who plays Sandra in the series, won the Best Actress award in the 2015 Biarritz International Festival of Audiovisual Programming. Comedy. Everything Paris. We did the hard work of watching a bunch of French TV shows on Netflix (from an episode or two to a whole series) to figure out which ones were the best. 2016 (3 seasons), Comedy. With 8 episodes released in 2018, this show would surely leave your sides hurting from too much laughter. In the last five years, coinciding with the global growth of scripted TV drama, that’s all changed. Not just, four totally incompetent soldiers land in the middle of the Normandy countryside. Paris' new and happening or tried and true. Synopsis: Elsa, single forever, doesn’t understand why she can’t find love. I personally enjoyed watching La Trêve, not super original but entertaining enough! So we hope you enjoy every second of it, and, oui oui, we know you will, 5 Brands you should add to your Shopping list in Paris. Here is a selection of fifteen French series on Netflix. When she lies about a cancer diagnosis, things start to change for the better at home, but the lie brings its own complications. André is trained with real spies who were more concerned with their expenses than with their missions. I will check out this series soon . The sci-fi thriller was created by Jason George, a producer on Narcos and The Blacklist, and its first season consists of six 40-minute episodes. Handsome, well-raised, intelligent but impressionable, Merlaux has much to learn to serve and defend the interests of France. An ambitious son does everything he can to not join the family business. Boutique Paris vacation rentals hand-picked and selected for a perfect travel experience. IMDB: 7.3. Captains Servaz and Ziegler are entrusted with the investigation. The new episodes are scheduled to arrive in September 2020. It’s lightweight with a bit of edge, and if you take a shine to its larger-than-life characters fear not, it was renewed for a second season very quickly after its initial release. I hope you will practice your French by watching one of those French series on Netflix. 4 – A very secret service / Au service de la France (2015), This humorist French series well written and well played reminds me directly of the famous French movies of OSS 117. Netflix originals will stick around, but watch the rest while you can, because content disappears as licensing agreements expire. A rare excursion for France into the kind of teen supernatural TV more commonly found on America’s The CW, Mortel (a pun on French slang for cool, or whatever word means ‘cool’ these days – slammin’?)