– Jordan Becker, Canadian country band Luther Wright and the Wrongs recorded an entire album of Pink Floyd covers in 2001. As if to spurn the officers’ request, the ensuing cover provides an intriguing blend of classic rock and hip-hop. Your email address will not be published. My suggestion is to get in your car alone, load up this cover, turn it to 11 and reflect how death can be beautiful. The show was Waters’ way of making good on a promise to only play the album live again if the Berlin Wall came down. The Endless River (2014) In many ways, the jury is still out on The Endless River — Pink Floyd’s self … (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ‘The Best Ever’ series counts down our favorite covers of great artists. Waters’ duet of “Comfortably Numb” with Van Morrison has lived on in popular culture, even as memories of the Cold War have faded. I listen to it regularly (on a playlist with the various performances of Saucerful of Secrets from the Floyd themselves), How could they not include david bowies see emily play cover from pinups?!? How did they miss that?! Though the latter would certainly appreciate the walls being torn down. The original, often considered to be about the loss of Syd Barrett, is almost folkie, by Pink Floyd standards. Originally performed live but so widely adored that it has now been made into a single, Cyrus’ cover of the fellow blonde bombshell Debbie Harry and Blondie has proved to be one of her best. See also: the two separate disco tracks on this list. You wouldn’t guess those two from “Brain Damage” either. This version was included in the Oscar-winning film The Departed and heard on The Sopranos as Christopher Moltisanti took his fateful last ride. – Ray Padgett, The Mavericks are known for their mastery of rootsy rock, country, folk, and various types of Latin music. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As an AVID Floyd fan I should know better.✌️, Avenged Sevenfold did an amazing cover of Wish You Were Here last year and play it on tour. – John Lenhardt, At first, Andrej Kurti & Viktor Uzur’s songs sound like they might fall into that viral-YouTube category of unexpected string covers. – John Lenhardt, Wyclef Jean packs a lot into his cover of “Wish You Were Here,” which was the closing track on his 2000 album The Ecleftic: 2 Sides II a Book. It’s not often that Cyrus goes full rock ‘n’ roll but she can’t help but embody it on this one. Luckily, the covers community has obliged, allowing us a list as discursive as Pink Floyd itself. Coming in at 40 tracks, our third ‘Best Ever’ countdown is our longest yet. A band that, for better or worse, can get pigeonholed into a specific sound and era, gets transformed into a whole host of other genres and moods. Psychedelic rock is represented here, of course, but so is bluegrass, soul, and disco. Hi, #34 Sara did the guitar works! Dave Grohl did not sing on this. actually it’s me playing main guitar parts here -making “this cover special ” – and not my compatriot Giorgio Canali…, You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
, Roger Waters and David Gilmour Cover John Prine and Leonard Cohen (Separately), Kitchen Dwellers Give Pink Floyd Epic "Pigs" the Bluegrass Treatment, That's a Cover? – Sean Balkwill, I’ve always liked Ambulance LTD and Low’s version of Fearless. Beauty should never be messed with. 1)’, Five Good Covers: “What’s Up” (4 Non Blondes), Molly Tuttle, ‘but I’d rather be with you’, ‘Tanya Donelly and the Parkington Sisters’, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, 'All the Good Times', Chris Stapleton Covers an Extremely Obscure John Fogerty Song on New Album, Isis Offshoot Mustard Gas and Roses Create Intense Cover of Joy Division’s “Exercise One”, Emel Mathlouthi Covers Placebo’s “Every You Every Me” on New Half-Covers Album, Billy Ray Cyrus Delivers Country LL Cool J Cover, Full Albums: Elvis Costello’s ‘This Year’s Model’, Full Albums: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young’s ‘Deja Vu’, Five Good Covers: “Hurt” (Nine Inch Nails), Five Good Covers: “What A Fool Believes” (Kenny Loggins / The Doobie Brothers), Five Good Covers: “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” (Whitney Houston), Five Good Covers: Keep On Running (Spencer Davis Group/Jackie Edwards). This alternative singer concept ties in with the Foo Fighters’ cover. Best Pink Floyd Covers All Time 1- Nightwish – High Hopes 2 – Korn – Another Brick In The Wall Full (Pink Floyd Cover) 3 -Bianca Antoinette – The Great Gig in the Sky It sounds a bit macho to assume that the female sings and the male plays, don’t you think. One cover even includes a “featuring Tupac Shakur” credit, which is probably not what Gilmour or Waters envisioned. The seriousness shows on “Run Like Hell.” They arrange like a real classical duet from the 18th century. 20 Behind The Scenes From The…, September 12, 1975 - The “Wish You Were Here” album…, 13 Game of Thrones characters with exquisite illustrations from The Simpsons. Honestly, I could have picked a number of their covers for this list, but “Hey You” offers as good an example as any of just how they make the dramatic genre transition. Luckily, the covers community has obliged, allowing us a list as discursive as Pink Floyd itself. Give it a listen. It was eventually released as a live album and video. As if that wasn’t ambitious enough, what album did they pick? All good LPs, but definitely my bad. One feels drugs may have been involved. Morrison has performed the song on his own, but nothing quite matches the power of the Live in Berlin performance. Of course the Floyd version is greatness, but Foo Fighters’ updates give a more current rock sound with loud screaming guitars and a faster pace. 5:45. Interpretations, though, has the soul singer running through a series of covers by British artists, and interpreting them through her own experiences and in her own style. Not this indie crap. Pretty sure Pink and co. would be fans of this aggressive rocker attitude. https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmentertainment/ray-padgett-of-covermesongscom-favorite-covers-in-may-covers-of-pink-floyd, In the summer of 1990, Roger Waters assembled an all-star lineup to perform The Wall at a massive outdoor concert in Berlin. They stuck with what made the song so good. These two are the real deal, an acclaimed violist (Kurti) and cellist (Uzur) in their native Serbia and beyond. Trick question. Rachel Webb’s YouTube performance is raw and real, pushing back against the heavily produced sound of the original. Roger Waters’ 26-track magnum opus The Wall! The drums, guitars, keyboards, accordion and horns – especially Max Abrams’ sax – create an astonishingly faithful cover, which usually delights the audience, and gives them a break from the nonstop roots-rock boogieing. By the way folks, the song fearless is from the LP Obscured by Clouds! Pearl jam covered fliyd well too among others missed here, Lulu Hughes – Time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryAEFRGo-WY Pink Floyd Album Covers depict the best in Rock, Pink Floyd Album Covers Pink Floyd Albums Cool Album Covers Cover Pics By The Way Album Rock And Roll Atom Heart Mother Find Music All About Music. I’ve heard them play it live twice and my father, who is the biggest Floyd fan I know, said it’s the best cover he’s ever heard. As others have mentioned, the two most known bands would be Brit Floyd and Australian Pink Floyd . Roy Harper did the vocals for this great song from 1975’s Wish You Were Here. Their cover of “Us & Them” doesn’t try to drag the song onto more familiar turf for the band like, say, an uptempo Tex-Mex rocker. You are correct my friend. Not Atom Heart Mother. – Ray Padgett, Given that Hawkwind, the motorik band Turner once fronted, arguably took their modus operandi from the thrash of early Floyd guitar frenzies like “Eugene,” this starts more like a later period Floyd. Agreed. Anybody have these in a YouTube playlist they could share? Double that for covering them a full Floyd album. LaVette’s version is, not surprisingly, more bluesy, and seems more about lost love than lost friends. – Seuras Og, Quick: Who sang vocals on the original “Have a Cigar,” Waters or Gilmore? – Ray Padgett, If you’re ever in need of a cover song to fool your friends, queue this up. Top 18 Syd Barrett Songs Ever (Pink Floyd), 23 Amazing David Gilmour Facts - Legend of Pink Floyd, December 7 1980 - Pink Floyd released Another Brick…, Pink Floyd Fans Here! Tackling a lesser-known song such as “Nobody Home” would often take the form of the latter, simply because the bloody cry of heresy would rise up from the faithful if someone tried to get too close. And for a special 2016 concert, Yonder Mountain covered them all. While these songs are not covers — Waters played them with and alongside his fellow artists — one of the tracks deserves an honorable mention. They include a meta message, telling critics “Don’t mistake this for just any cover tune / I’m a take y’all to the ‘Dark Side of the Moon’.” He finishes with a bit of his own personal history: “A young teen listenin’ to hip-hop / My brother tuned me into rock / Put me up on Pink Floyd / A band from the British blocks.” The end result is a track that retains the essence of the original, but is still unmistakably Jean’s. Epic! – Curtis Zimmermann, Neville Skelly hails from Liverpool, though you wouldn’t know it from “Brain Damage.” He claims influences of Cole Porter and George Gershwin, not the Beatles. Hipster garbage. Listen closer. Cody Jinks Wish You Were Here! Pink Floyd Cover - The Wall Part I & Part II, and little more by Yann' s Channel. The sparse echoed scrub of the strummed guitar, the echo, the clavinet, the echo, the vocal – did I mention the echo? This is Pink Floyd at its unabashed, unadulterated best, unencumbered by pretense, and finally feeling comfortable as a… Endlessly danceable, flawlessly sung, and insanely reimagined without being a parody. One buyer apparently wanted his money’s worth, since he selected Pink Floyd’s 23-minute “Echoes.” Toth trimmed it down to a comparatively sprightly nine minutes. And the writer said fearless is from ahm?? A band that, for better or worse, can get pigeonholed into a specific sound and era, gets transformed into a whole host of other genres and moods.