The Belkin’s “My Best FM” site is a search engine to help you find the best FM dead spots in your area. Europe's busiest forums, with independent news and expert reviews, for TVs, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, Gaming, Tech and more. Powered by Xenforo, Hosted by Nimbus Hosting, Original design Critical Media Ltd. After some debate, I finally settled on purchasing a Satechi Soundfly SD FM Transmitter. FM: 107.2 MHz: Heart North Wales. Originally posted by 97ITR He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end. FM: 107.2 MHz: Greatest Hits Radio Black Country & Shropshire. Why 3 lists? By Jeff Gamet . ( Log Out /  Plus Home Cinema, Film & TV News, Reviews & more... No longer having anything to do with this crap forum. Until very recently, I carried around a thick CD case which I kept filled to capacity with books (which usually meant I had 2 or 3 books in the car with me). Forums › Off topic › Free FM frequencies in Auckland City for use with FM transmitter? So now I could listen to my books while running or whatever. If only my town really had unused frequencies. Enter your City (or Zip Code) and State to find the best unused FM frequencies in your area. http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant, LA Times article on Stern & Satellite Radio [long post], Satellite radio’s challenge to the conventional dial. However, there is still one challenge to overcome… finding a vacant FM frequency! Good fun can be had by getting your friends to tune into 875.5 and all of you when in reception area of your transmitter can listen to your downloaded material. Had to put the FM modulator on my car to even get a good enough signal to be able to listen. Just enter your Zip Code and State, and it will return 3 lists of the best FM frequencies to set your radio and your FM transmitter to, so as to avoid interference or crosstalk from actual broadcast stations. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. magu. This is the place to talk about all the high-tech SIRIUS radios: Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion, JVC, Alpine, Audiovox, Sony, XACT, and more! Radio-Locator lists the open FM frequencies in your area. Copyright © 2000-2020 M2N Limited E. & O.E. Well… the FM frequencies returned are organized for you as your Best, 2nd Best, and 3rd Best options. I really enjoy listening to audiobooks while I’m driving. 87.7, 87.8 or 87.9 look like the safest bet. The Belkin’s “My Best FM” site is a search engine to help you find the best FM dead spots in your area. AVForums.com is owned and operated by M2N Limited, company number 03997482, registered in England and Wales. All best Don. So I’ll recommend this site as an alternative! Change ). An unhealthy obsession for logic… with a side of fries. Join the AVForums team live on Wednesdays at 7pm UK time. FM: 107.2 MHz: Hits Radio South Coast. So I’d set myself down in front of Google, and started throwing searches at it. Later, about two years ago, I decided to “backup” all of my audiobook CDs to MP3 files, and listen to them on my Creative Zen Mozaic EZ300 while doing other things. Jan 16th, 2007 3:00 PM EST. Now, instead of having to change the CD every hour, I setup an entire book into a playlist on my MP3 player, plug it into my FM Transmitter, hit [Play], and let the book continue on until it reaches it’s own conclusion. It’s not an infallible solution, but it does give you a nice starting point! Podcast: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - which is best? Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out /  ( Log Out /  There’s a wide array of FM Transmitters available these days, but they’re all pretty much equally as lame as the one before them. There had to be a better way… because there always is! Radio-Locator: Find Unused FM Frequencies in Your Area: Notices: Welcome to the Sirius Backstage Archive brought to you by Digital Radio Central. Well… it seems that Belkin has taken down their FM frequency search engine and replaced it with a store page. Why 3 lists? http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant. ( Log Out /  My final step in this evolution was to eliminate the CDs from my car. Theres a full list here Frequency Finder UK and Ireland - FM, AM, Digital I dont know how complete it is or how accurate but well done to someone for compiling it. One word of caution ,should a fellow motorist draw up beside you at lights ,roundabout etc ,and be tuned in to 875.5 ,then they will be teceiving your transmitted download. JavaScript is disabled. You must log in or register to reply here. Mainly, I could just spin the dial until I found a “dead spot”… and then adjust my transmitter to that frequency. I had spent many months using the Columbus method (search & discover) of finding available FM frequencies (which is harder than you’d think!). Radio-Locator: Find Unused FM Frequencies in Your Area. Radios & Receivers This is the place to talk about all the high-tech … Just enter your Zip Code and State, and it will return 3 lists of the best FM frequencies to set your radio and your FM transmitter to, so as to avoid interference or crosstalk from actual broadcast stations. 1 Home Entertainment Tech Community & Resource. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The best chance of a quiet frequency is to go below Radio 2 which starts at 88.1. This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. (Let’s be honest, a CD can only play for about an hour before you’ll be fishing around for the next one… and that can be rather distracting from your driving.) Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. If you would like to participate in the discussions please visit www.digitalradiocentral.com. Here's a handy little web site to find the best vacant FM stations to use for your Sirius radio. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. There is also a list available for silent AM broadcast radio stations. About a decade ago, I started listening to audiobooks in the car and I honestly have rarely listened to the radio since then. The No. So I decided to start shopping around for an FM Transmitter. Professional yak shaver 1599 posts Uber Geek Trusted BitSignal Lifetime subscriber # 45407 2-Nov-2009 09:59. Morning y'all. Every chanel has something on it or real bad bleed over. Frequency Finder UK and Ireland - FM, AM, Digital. It was brilliant! Best FM Transmitter Frequency in the UK. This site is offered as a convenience to our users and the internet at large. However, I do find them to be a nice addition to my audiobook listening. Try tilting your handheld radio one way or the other from vertical. What I eventually found was a page off of Belkin’s website. Dont tune the tomtom, tune the radio until you hear nothing. Locating Unused FM Radio Frequencies. FM: 107.2 MHz: Greatest Hits Radio Bristol & The South West (Bristol) FM: 107.2 MHz: Greatest Hits Radio Liverpool & The North West (Warrington) FM: 107.2 MHz: Greatest Hits Radio Stamford & Rutland. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Lame!