That said, if there's anything that was going to nudge me towards an entirely blonde hairstyle, this is it. To me, she stands amongst the greats in the Rolodex of black beauty. She created Destiny’s Child with her friends La Tavia Roberson, Kelly Rowland, Beyoncé Knowles and LeToya Luckett. We especially adore her graphic eyeshadow and matte lipstick. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Yes, read: 1A a.k.a. At the 2014 Met Gala in May, Beyonce opted for a powerful beauty look. In 2012 Beyoncé had just been named the most beautiful woman in the world, so she must be doing something (/everything) right. We love her golden blonde hair hue and laid-back style. Just the fact that we established an alphanumeric rating system that places the least curly hair texture as 1A. Miss Tina) discussed hair politics with host Janet Mock. Wearing my hair natural has been incredibly liberating. We love this sleek high ponytail with a little hair-knot at the top, teamed with hot metallic make-up. Beyoncé amps up the volume with some fully-loaded waves and oodles of root-lift. I’ll also note that her beaded braids à la Stevie Wonder “Hotter Than July” have been a recent favorite. Beyoncé keeps things simple but chic with a super-glossy side-plait. Over the years, we've seen dozens of Beyoncé styles, and she pulls this long blonde 'do off perfectly. I Tried Lush’s New Afro Hair Products & These Are My Honest... 13 Halloween Costumes Inspired By Iconic Blondes, Pintura Highlights Will Give Your Curls New Life This Winter, 15 Iconic Halloween Costumes That Are All About The Hair, Embracing Natural Hair? We adore this soft, feminine hairstyle on her. As excited as I was about my very own, I'm a little over a week into my new look, have followed their advice and though I'm yet to master those salon-perfect waves, my post-transformation haircare has suited me nicely. Looking for some hair inspiration? To see more of her iconic looks, click on! For The Lion King premiere in California, Beyoncé rocked up with long braids and a smouldering bronze smoky eye look, and we are literally obsessed. I could wear my hair curly, wavy, straight; brown, red, blonde, purple; short, medium, long, and any combination of these. Beyoncé works a classic red carpet look at The 47th Annual Grammy Awards in LA with a high, curled-under ponytail and gorgeous metallic smoky eyes – and check out the super-groomed eyebrows. With sleek, sliced layers and flawless make-up, Beyoncé lets statement accessories do the talking. Allure may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. I realized that I was participating in a ritualistic obliteration of my kinks and coils when I didn’t even have to! At the 2009 Golden Globes, Beyoncé sported a sophisticated bun with deep side-swept parting, dark eyes and glossy lips at the 66th Annual Golden Globes. Hair is an important aspect of the lives of many black women and girls all over the world. Is there anything this woman can't pull off? Beyoncé's natural curls are back! This Book Is Your Bible. First, the money pieces. Welcome to Glamour UK. The performance exposed the world to the variety of tones & textures that is black American beauty — this includes Beyoncé’s choice to wear her hair in a long, honey-blonde, wavy style. For a charity appearance in 2015, Beyonce brought glamour and natural beauty, thanks to her minimal make-up look (just a sweep of liner here) and soft undone waves. Throughout her career, she’s presented a spectrum of possibilities for black hair, for natural girls (like me) and girls that chemically manipulate their hair. Turns out, with expert advice and a killer colour styling team, I, I Got Beyoncé Hair - Blonde Money Pieces Balayage Trend, A good haircut and colour can make a massive difference in the overall look and feel of your hair. He sectioned out two chunks of hair either side of the parting and clipped the rest back. Beyoncé brought back the braids in 2012! Proving that she can use her beauty for good, Beyoncé opened the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center in NYC, which is a centre to help people on substance misuse rehab learn the art of hairdressing and beauty therapy. The effects of centuries of conditioning packed into a five-word lyric; this lyric has become an American cultural euphemism. Wow! Swipe to see 5 shots of BB showing off her long golden-brown head top! Of course, she said this while relaxing and blow drying my hair straight (at my request). Hair-color is like makeup and if you look better in something, then you should look your best.”. We guess Beyoncé was going for a sunny California look here but the blonde curly locks and shiny, pastel make-up is a look we’d expect to see on Jessica Simpson, not bootylicious Beyoncé. Beyoncé works long, voluminous curls at a 2011 New York Fashion Week event. Stepping out with adorable Blue Ivy, the singer looks gorgeous with a statement-making braided beehive bun. In 2001 yet more hair experimentation followed with very blonde extensions. Beyoncé smoulders at the 50th Annual Grammy Awards with multi-toned blonde, shoulder-length tousled hair and smoky, winged eye shadow – smoking. I realized that what I had also embraced about hair were the ways in which Beyoncé celebrated and demonstrated all the possibilities available within Black American culture, including those that have been deemed political. How glorious in Bey's beauty look for the 2016 VMAs - we love the plait, it's simple and relaxed. Even though it’ll be a more expensive option, the benefit of using a wig is that you don’t have to fully commit to the colour and the aftercare on your natural hair. Once we were happy with the fit, Bradley gave me a middle parting à la Beyoncé and trimmed the excess lace around my face to be as close to my natural hairline as possible – close enough not to completely change my face shape but a couple of millimetres away from it so that when I do stick it down, it’s not going to pull against my edges. Stealing the limelight and winning a Grammy in 2002, Beyoncé’s beauty really shone - gorgeous skin and perfect, sleek, straightened locks. We opted for a lace front wig, which gives you the most natural-looking hairline while also protecting your real edges. It was 2002, it was London Arena, and it was Destiny's Child on tour, so we forgive the über-curly frizz-ball of hair. Mama Tina owned salons in the past and was responsible for a lot of the earlier looks of Destiny’s Child. Beyoncé doesn't worry about a messy hair day: she works in some attitude and turns it into an awesome hair day. Sitting pretty courtside, BK makes this appearance all about the hair. "That way all of your own hair will be tucked away and you don’t need to think about it until you come to wash it," Bradley told me as he put the wig on my head to check the fit. She’s a very proud black woman, and it’s just a cosmetic thing, it’s like makeup. She added extra glamour with metallic shimmery make-up shades. Lady Bee lets a little colour show at her roots, with a perfectly-faded colour reaching white at the tips.