Thank you Father God for allowing me to understand my wrong doing. He is the author of several family Bible studies, including The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality. What is one thing that you have difficulty sharing with others? Grumbling will only incur God’s discipline. The activities listed in the hands-on options section help you turn everyday situations and tasks into fun, creative lessons for your children. Solomon was a very rich man. You can download our 30-lesson family Bible study about this text, 5 Great Bible Verses for Kids to Memorize about Thankfulness, Complaining Kids: 7 Christian Parenting Strategies, The Heart of Humility: Teaching Your Kids to Put Other’s First, 3 Bible Verses You Should Be Using to Correct Your Kids, 3 Reasons Your Family Should Memorize Philippians 2, 10 Reasons Why Your Kids Should Memorize the 10 Commandments, 7 Tips and Tricks to Help Older Kids with Scripture Memory, The Talk: 7 Lessons to Introduce Your Child to Biblical Sexuality, Losing It: 3 steps to conquering your anger and becoming a happier mom, Your Discipline Toolbox: a practical guide to discipline you can actually stick with, Screen Sense: 3 No-Fail Strategies to Ending the Struggle Over Screen Time, Preparing Christian Kids for an LGBT World: Modeling Love, Honoring Truth, Tackling Tough Questions. In Paul’s discussion about the changed life of a Christian, he addresses our speech. or saying But… before doing something I ask them to. Are we born wanting to share with others or is it something we have to learn to do? First, prayerfully decide which character attribute you should focus on. The Scripturally-based ideas in this section will help you convey the message, "I love you and God loves you, but we cannot put up with your sin." Phil. They called the place where they buried the people who died because they had craved other food, Kibroth Hattaavah, which means “graves of craving.”. Instead our speech should be “good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Our words should encourage, build confidence, comfort, instruct, and when necessary, correct each other. For example, have each child hold a rock as you read about hard-heartedness. Check out our other articles on kids, Bible verses, and/or memorization: 5 Great Bible Verses for Kids to Memorize about Thankfulness; Complaining Kids: 7 Christian Parenting Strategies They moaned and groaned and complained. Yasu+Junko I don’t mean to complain, but … OK, actually, I do. Maybe it is where he wants you to be or it is a tool for you to search out a better place and to grow. Who can help you have an unselfish attitude? We tolerate it and perhaps don’t even think of it as sin because we’re all so prone to do it. Once you have selected your memory verse, try to complete the kick-off craft early in the course of your lesson, since the activity is a good way to introduce your chosen character attribute. While reading this Scripture to your children, you can replace the words money, wealth, goods, etc. If so, what was it? Aim to regularly pray through the parents’ prayer of your choice, or use these ideas as a guideline for your personal prayer. Need more positive ideas for raising Christian kids? And as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance and lifted up their voices, saying, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us." It is HIS divine will that young people come to faith in Jesus Christ and find salvation through the Gospel and the work of the Holy Spirit to bring them to faith. As you read your preferred Bible story, try to bring the story to life for your children. It’s just certain days, or times of day that he struggles, so I need to remember that he is still learning how to apply all the Scripture that we have put into his head =) Thanks for the great verse suggestions! What would you need to do in this situation in order to be relaxed instead of frustrated? When we ask God for things, we need ask with the right reasons. Here are some ideas you can try: Use toys to act out the story. LORD HELP ME TO STOP COMPLAINING FOR THAT IS NOT RIGHT. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Complaining isn’t harmless sport; it’s serious sin. As problems come up during the day, suggest talking to God about them. What does matter, however, is that you recognize that God is the only One who can bring about lasting change in your children. “We must not…grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer” (v.9-10). Downloads and print the cards on cardstock: Insert these cards into a memory box to help your kids move these passages from their short-term to their long-term memories. v.24-27 – Israel “murmured in their tents” when it was time to enter the Promised Land. We're Luke and Trisha and we believe you can honor God in all areas of your family’s life—nurturing your children's bodies, cultivating their minds, and inspiring their souls. Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky. We recommend that you commit yourself and your children in prayer first, then compile your lesson plan. This was when they complained to Moses that God had only brought them out into the wilderness to die (Exodus 14:11-12). All Rights Reserved. And our gripes can get so ugly that we describe the very act as “venting one’s spleen.” Some of the first things most babies say are the words, “no” and “mine.” We are not born with a natural desire to share. If you've been wondering how to begin developing your child's character, or if your past efforts haven't been as successful as you'd hoped, we're excited that you're checking out Kids of Integrity. One of the best verses to memorize to fight the temptation to complain is Philippians 4:8 which says, “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” I’m trying to teach them that they need to say Yes Mom! “Grumble” is to mutter (indistinct or low-voiced) self-centered discontent. Please Scroll Down for Bible Verses & Notes , i.e. An animal lover, he saw the horse first. How can we be glad in heart with what we have? THANK YOU FATHER GOD IN JESUS CHRIST NAME….AMEN, Thank you FATHER GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST. Just because you love something, does it mean you need it? Every character trait lesson provides two blank planning cards. I’ve collected some great Bible verses about complaining for kids to memorize as a parent teaching tool. We’ve got some complaining in our house =) Both of my kids are in the habit of asking Why? Israel grumbled at their enslavement, grumbled when Moses came on the scene, and still grumbled as they wandered safely in the wilderness. I do need to remember, though, that I am starting to see lots of wonderful glimmers of character shining through my son. Since this is a long story, use the summary in the “key concepts” section to help you paraphrase and shorten it for younger children, or use a children’s Bible. If our only motivation for asking God for something is for our own pleasure, we need to rethink our prayer to make sure it is not a “gimme-gimme” prayer. We can imagine that the people were very hungry, as they had not eaten for three days. Bible stories. He learned that the more money people had, the more they wanted. I remember when God began convicting me of my grumbling spirit. One day her preacher thought he had discovered something that she could be happy about, because her farm crop was the best one for miles around. Each character trait lesson includes a list of books, DVDs and CDs you may wish to use to reinforce the trait you are studying. Memorizing Scripture is a great family activity. He found that rich people became frustrated because they didn’t get a lot of sleep – maybe they had to work hard to care for their things, or maybe they couldn‘t sleep for fear someone would take their things. There was a lady that was habitual grumbler and was constantly complaining about everything. We can also be happy in our hearts if we share what we have instead of keeping it just for ourselves. What is the cause for most of your fights with your brother, sister or friends? Before reading aloud, take a few minutes to review the story. Every lesson presents at least eight hands-on options for you to choose from; some lessons have many more. Required fields are marked *. Thanks for visiting! Try different times of the day for your Bible story. One day her preacher thought he had discovered something that she could be happy about, because her farm crop was the best one for miles around. Would you rather have gladness of heart or frustration?