Daniel’s friends did the same. King Darius set Daniel over the whole realm because there was an excellent spirit in Daniel. He has started several deaf ministries in various countries and established a deaf church in Mexico. lessons learned, Music didn’t seem to be the tool to pull out when facing a warrior giant. Read more, RT @globconnections: Last chance to book the final session of our webinar series. However, just because Esther was queen, didn’t mean she would be granted an audience with King Ahasuerus. However, fear, insecurity, and doubt sometimes leave me unfruitful and unproductive, living with the regret that I didn’t step out in faith and do the things I desired to do. Read bible stories. However, Hannah is an excellent example of persistence in prayer. They feel selfish when they pray for themselves. David and Goliath, Maybe you just need to get back to where you once were in your relationship with God. You can read Aretha’s blog at www.arethagrant.com. Read them in the archive below. God did deliver Goliath into his hand, and Israel enjoyed a period of peace. To add to the Five Greatest lessons you’ve mentioned, 1. I come across many women who are afraid to petition the Lord for their hearts’ desires. Are we courageous enough to disobey those in authority even when our lives are threatened? He has given us divine connections and influence with people who can bless us and help further the kingdom of God. We know a few of David’s talents by this point in his life. We need to trust the Lord and take a leap of faith. Head of International Ministry David now works as Director of Deaf Ministries for his mission board. There are many things I want to try, places I want to go, and business ventures I wish to embark upon. What Does The Bible Teach About Kind Words? Obey the Lord’s voice and do everything He’s calling you to do. Another listener asked for prayer for a grandchild. We should be willing to obey in every situation. Life is difficult. Life lessons. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us"- Augustine, Copyright © 2010-2020 Telling Ministries LLC. I have been so encouraged in the lessons that I have learned from Davids’s life. One day, Hannah went to the temple and cried out to the Lord. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail, Previous post: 7 Great Bible Verses About Walking in the Light. We are called to do great things for the kingdom of God. Some of the other princes and presidents became jealous and plotted against him. Come with me on a brief journey through Scripture as we take a look at courageous people in the Bible, and see how we can apply their lessons to our own lives. We, too, are called by God. Esther told Mordecai, “...And thus I will go in to the king, which is not according to the law; and if I perish, I perish” (Esther 4:16). Tell the Lord boldly, yet reverently, your heart’s desire. 1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! Esther promised to try to get an audience with the king but knew she could be killed for the bold move. Allow those past victories to encourage you to attempt greater things for the Lord. It helped me realized once again that He is always with us and will fight the battle for us. Here are some practical life lessons we can learn from David’s submission to God. Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Advertise. After asking permission, Peter stepped out of the boat and walked on water. This region has restrictions on discussing the Christian faith, yet despite the security risks our partner is able to have conversations about faith that can lead to transformation in the lives of listeners. For example, while Daniel could not obey the king’s command to refrain from worshiping God, he did submit to the punishment that was enacted upon him. David had faith in God and believed God would deliver Goliath into his hands. David was correct. We are called to leave what’s familiar to embark upon a journey with the Lord. Furthermore, we can respond to betrayal and rejection the same way Jesus did, by putting our faith, trust, and confidence in the Father. A list of stories in the Bible. Remember, people can’t do more to you than God allows. Just as David wasn’t afraid to confront the giant, we shouldn’t be afraid to confront our giants either. We ought to be thankful for our parents and the discipline they gave us and to neglect our parents as they get older is contrary to the Bible where we are to stand before the aged and honor the grey haired person. We can relax because we have God on our sides, and He always comes through for His children. When you’re facing situations that fill you with dread, fear, or doubt, look to our friends in the Bible to find the courage you need. These are difficult circumstances, and clearly this mother’s children are not honoring their mother as commanded in the Bible. He didn’t try to defend Himself. Hannah wanted a baby. Thanks to Tyndale House Publishing Inc. for permission to use the "Great Stories of the Bible" index, found as an appendix in some publications of the New Living Translation Bibles. Aretha Grant serves her local church as a bible teacher and elder. When Saul asked David to take his armor for the battle, David apparently tried to comply, but had to respectfully decline (1 Samuel 17:38, 39). All rights reserved. Eli told her God would grant her petition. The story of David and Goliath is wonderful on many levels.