By itself, Bitter Ordeal doesn't really do much of anything in a lot of matchups. I immediately thought 100% broken combo. Appreciate it. Good point. Hello, everyone. Play Bitter Ordeal right after. See cards from the most recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them. I immediately thought 100% broken combo. While it can be good against combo if we can exile at least four cards (for example, all the Scapeshifts or all the  Ad Nauseams), against most decks it's more of an annoyance than a good Magic card. Normally, this part of Bitter Ordeal doesn't matter, but with the help of Psychogenic Probe, it becomes a legitimate way to win the game. At MTGGoldfish, we value your privacy. These cards are helpful in multiple ways. The following is my first draft at an attempt at the deck. As far as the combo, probably the best aspect is the element of surprise. Definitely a bit much on the Ramp, especially when you can run cards like [[Rites of Spring]] and [[Scapeshift]] to get a bunch of lands in the grave at once. © 1995-2020 Wizards. all of the gravestorm for zero of the mana. All emails include an unsubscribe link. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. #1 Nov 16, 2009. thebatosai85. This helps make sure that when it comes time to go for the Bitter Ordeal kill, we'll have enough things to sacrifice to up our gravestorm count to a lethal level. Swampwalk is fine, definitely if with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth on board. On the other hand, we not only need three combo pieces (Psychogenic Probe, Bitter Ordeal, and Greater Gargadon) to actually get the combo kill but also a board full of creatures, which means we sometimes have a hard time finding everything we need in a timely manner. The combo would go as follows; 1. I'll be trading for yours now. | Jeweled Lotus | Commander Legends Preview, Commander Legends Spoilers — October 31 | Card Draw Land, Wrath Protection, and Time Mages. maybe crypt champion and saffi combo. Sure it's an expensive 3 card combo, but Damnation followed up by the Trickster followed up by this = a very large 1-drop as the only creature on the field. Let's break it down! Building FNM-worthy decks without breaking the bank. 2. In some ways, this is exactly like Grapeshot with a Pyromancer Ascension on the battlefield—a combo that also takes a storm count of 10 to win the game. You should def be running [[Life From the Loam]]; it gets you more lands to discard, which lets you get it back via dredge, which can dump more lands in the grave, ect. What are the odds of winning with Door to Nothingness in Modern? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. We're about to find out! edit: As /u/Obnoxiousness just pointed out, Gravestorm does not work how I thought it works. thebatosai85. That said, there were a couple of matches that we likely wouldn't have won without the combo kill. Gatherer is the Magic Card Database. Our primary plan for generating gravestorm is flooding the board with tokens. "Gravestorm" means "When you cast this spell, put a copy of it onto the stack for each permanent that was put into a graveyard from battlefield this turn. By itself, Bitter Ordeal doesn't really do much of anything in a lot of matchups. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Once that's in grave, you're in much better shape to continue comboing off. [[Squandered Resources]] is also a neat bit of "ramp" that works with your theme, since you have SO much crud to get lands out, it's going to thin you to the point where you'll want to be able to sac what's in play to keep yourself going. There are of course a few infinite death trigger combos in this deck that would allow meto just exile all of my opponents decks, but thats not what this post is about. We can even occasionally win just by beating down with tokens when everything goes wrong. This is even harder against decks with disruption, which makes heavy control decks and Thoughtseize-filled midrange decks some of our most challenging matchups. This repeats *many* times. View User Profile View Posts Send Message Just Getting Started; Join Date: 11/2/2009 Posts: 9 Member Details; some people have commented on my sharuum deck and said i should put in a bitter ordeal combo. Can't think if there are any more cards like Harrow but you'll want them. Don't forget to vote for next week's deck! With cycling coming back in Amonkhet, next week is a good time to explore one of Magic's epic cycles: the epic cycle. Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. This card has the potential to be obnoxiously powerful. Win with something like Morgue Theft + Bloodrite Invoker. Unfortunately, as we learned during our first match, Plunge into Darkness is still bugged on Magic Online, so if we cast it using the tutor mode, we end up being forced to concede the game since there is no way to finish resolving the card.