Thanks a lot for the great recipe. All it needs is a smear of butter. I tried this recipe a few different ways. Turn the dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and gently form into a rectangle loaf. Once it has risen, knead in some extra dried fruit, whatever you like; I went for dates and … The first time I made it I formed the dough into 2 loaves. I took a picture, but I don’t know if /how to add it to the comments section. This time we will use the Kitchen-Aid instead of going with her by hand bowl preference and I will be sure the flour is measured correctly. Receive lovely recipes and tips aboutbaking in your mailbox for free! If it is slightly under baked it will finish baking in the toaster. How many grams of cereal did you used in the recipe? I didn't add extra raisins because they were already in my Muesli. They are lovely and moist, and will make these again. I love breads like this and I agree they are wonderful when toasted. I slice it nice and thick, so it gets crunchy on the outside and stays nice and chewy on the inside. 2 tbsp honey. Add the cherries, nuts and apple at this stage. © 2020 The View From Great Island. Thanks so much!!!! leave in the tin for 10 minutes, then … I’m a hazelnut lover and am always looking for different ways to incorporate them into recipes. I love the nut and fruit combination that you have in this bread. You saved Muesli-Applesauce Muffins to your. My family loved them! Spread 1/2 of the fruit and nuts over the surface, then fold the dough in from each side and add the rest of the fruit and nuts. I use a large container. I love trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and hunting down the next great flavor. Like most breads, this won’t last much more than a week, Khaled, but you could certainly freeze it for longer. Oh wow Dawn, I love the dryer idea, i thought I’d heard of them all, but that’s a new one, and it makes so much sense! My mission? The second time I made one large loaf, and I think I liked that better. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. xoxo oh yes..it wasn’t easy working all the fruit and nuts into the dough tho! The only thing that I didn’t have was bread flour, so I added 3 tsp. I definitely need to make this! 236 calories; protein 3.2g 6% DV; carbohydrates 41.7g 14% DV; fat 7.2g 11% DV; cholesterol 15.5mg 5% DV; sodium 220.9mg 9% DV. of nutmeg because I didn't have any allspice at the moment. In order to salvage all those lovely dried fruits and toasted nuts we put it back in the bowl and added some water. I’ve made Summer Berry Meusli here on the blog, but for this recipe I’d use the packaged stuff. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I’m thrilled you liked this Colleen ~ and yes, it is a little bit of a challenge to work all those goodies into the dough, I drop them in a little at a time to try to spread them out. Thanks Dietrich, I love it when my recipes become part of someone’s ‘routine’ ~ enjoy! I, after having noticed that my applesauce was 'expired', used 1 c. of ripe, mashed banana instead. And for a quickbread version of this bread, try my Chunky Fruit and Nut Bread, there’s no yeast and no waiting! After looking at your photos on my favorites forever, I finally got around to making it and can’t stop! May i know the shelf life for it? Mine rose quite nicely. I did replace the water with a half cup of gingerbread tea since the only spice I had was cinnamon. Or, as I always say, for that fantasy B&B I used to dream about running someday! I need to make it soon! a scant cup of muesli cereal, about 7/8 cup, rolled oats, for sprinkling on the surface, Roasted Halibut with Tomatoes, Peppers, and Olives, https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/?s=paleo+fruit+and+nut+bread, https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/cranberry-pistachio-biscotti/. Thanks for sharing your recipe, You’re welcome Lori, thanks for the comment . The thick chewy slices soak up the butter, and you get big nuggets of toasted hazelnut and jammy fruit in every bite. I would spread peanut butter ALL OVER THIS. Wow, what a great texture. ½ tsp salt. Muesli cereal is blend of cereal grains and can sometimes include dried fruits. Thanks Chris, I really love slicing this bread for that very reason, it’s always a visual treat! *If you wish to make the muesli loaf with the time facility, add the dried fruit and nuts with the other ingredients, adding them last. !...I read the reviews and decided to cut out most of the oil and replace it with applesauce, leave out the water and because my muesli has a lot of fruit in it, I only used 1/2 cup of raisins. Muesli Toasting Bread  ~ some bread is just meant to be toasted, like this chunky fruit and nut bread. All Rights Reserved. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. First of all instead of the 1/3 cup of oil I added an additional 1/3 cup of applesauce and I didn't use the 1/2 cup of water because it would have made the batter to liquid. It’s adapted from a European recipe, so I added the exact temperature, you can play around with it a bit if you like, but ovens can be finicky, I always keep a thermometer in mine so I know what’s going on. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. What a terrific and beautiful way to start the day! Once you’ve amassed your fruit and nut bits, it’s a straight shot — minimal kneading and rising times. Made it for the first time today. Although I have nothing against biscotti, and I have a fruit and nut biscotti recipe here: (https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/cranberry-pistachio-biscotti/). It ends up having a thick, heavy, biscotti-like texture (but softer), which makes me wonder why not just make biscotti instead and save myself the kneading and rise time. . Put the 1/2 cup milk, the 1/2 cup water, the honey, and the muesli cereal in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a regular bowl if mixing by hand. Beat on low speed until combined. Try them and you'll enjoy them! It is a bit crumbly because of the granola but it's really really good. Followed your recipe to a “T”. This was surprisingly good. I’ve played with Val’s oatmeal bread and added Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli in place of the oats. I bake it in a bread form, double the amount and make two loaves at a time. BEAUTIFUL! I just love it! In a large bowl, beat the applesauce, oil egg, sugar and water together for 2 minutes at medium speed. I did replace the white sugar with the brown, and sprinkled extra brown sugar on top before baking. And what is the best option to save it for several days. Can you provide a recipe in grams? Thank you for the recipe. Love . Great recipe. Use bread flour, and weigh it for accuracy. I need this bread in my life soon Not only do I love fruit and nuts in bread but it looks so pretty! This bread was a huge hit in our house. I used 1/2 tsp. This bread would spice it up! It brings the  experience of toast, which I eat on 95% of mornings, to a whole new level. Looks amazing! It was crumbly and dry. I have a plethora of dried fruits, nuts and seeds I’d like to try in this–muesli is definitely going on the shopping list! nom nom nom. There’s something about what happens to all the fruits and nuts in the toaster that makes this bread magical, Tricia, I hope you try it! The orange peel sounds like a great addition, too. Knead the dough to incorporate all the bits evenly. In order for bread to rise, it must be in a warm place. Sold! 2 tbsp skimmed milk powder. I think that should work fine, good idea! Nice work. During the second kneading the machine will beep ten times to signal the addition of nuts and fruit. The dough will be sticky. In one version I added 1/2 cup melted caramel squares and skipped the muesli and raisins. The best way to share a photo, and I’d love to see it, is on facebook (you can message me and link it) or on instagram or twitter with the hashtag #tvfgi ~. This made an EXCELLENT sugar-free apple cinnamon muffin. My recipes are never fussy and always exciting ~ there are 1600 and counting on the blog. I also added 1/2 tsp of cloves. Most of it gone barely enough left for breakfast tomorrow. That melting butter on toast shot has me drooling! A toaster oven is ideal for the long slices, otherwise you can cut them in half before toasting, or pop them down once, then flip and toast the other side. It’s got a beautiful contrast of textures, and tastes fabulous…it’s the spring and summer equivalent of my morning oatmeal. 1 cup/160g wholemeal bread flour. I made this bread the other day and it is wonderful! The muesli theme is carried throughout the bread with the heavy presence of dried fruit and whole nuts. It was invented by a Swiss doctor at the turn of the last century to help nourish his patients, so, you get the idea, it’s healthy. Please let us know:-), Be sure to try my Paleo Fruit and Nut Breads, Beverly, they’re grain and dairy free: https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/?s=paleo+fruit+and+nut+bread. I also only used about 1/6 cup of oil. Now why haven’t I made this yet??? Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I keep an inexpensive  oven thermometer hanging from one of the racks so I can check for accuracy. Those pistachios and apricots look like jewels! Just wanted to give you a huge thank you! Might have more taste if mashed bananas in to it. I stick to the recipe but add about 2% malt powder, it helps the rise. I read through all the comments hoping someone adapted this amazing looking recipe for us GF people. This Muesli Toasting Bread is to die for. I loved the taste and texture of these muffins. GORGEOUS bread ! I have a couple of recipes of bread with muesli in the dough, but they did not look nearly as beautiful as yours…. Is that correct? 430 degrees? I would buy this in a heartbeat. And naturally very tasty. I can’t wait to make it again. Packed with oats, coconut, nuts and fruit, we think it's great for breakfast. I added cranberries and rasins one time, and also loved that. I am no longer able to cook; but, I saw this jeweled bread and knew my aide had to make it. GLUTEN FREE Please? And thank you for this lovely recipe. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition