#5 Creamy Broccoli … Add the chopped garlic and onions and stir through for about 30 seconds. You can check out my butternut squash risotto and pesto risotto with portobello mushrooms for other risotto flavor combinations and tips. Note, broccoli cooks quicker than cauliflower so you only really need to pan-fry it for a minute or two. Tag @irenamacri on Instagram and hashtag it #foodfitforlife. They grate pretty well so it seems a shame to be wasteful. Your email address will not be published. Just to take the hardness away. Privacy Policy. No way even a couple of mouthfuls would keep you in ketosis. PS. He was lucky to taste any of the cauliflower risotto at all as the whole portion was plated up for the photos. Once aromatic and golden, add the riced broccoli and season with a little sea salt and lemon juice. crispy fried leftover risotto rice balls or arancini. The risotto rice is thick and cheesy with cheddar flavor, and it’s accompanied by crisp bites of tender broccoli. It should look something like this. As I was grating the broccoli, I had that song from Annie Get Your Gun in my head “Anything you can do, I can do better”. Your email address will not be published. Serve immediately with parmesan as an optional topping. And a traditional risotto with rice is a labour of love to prepare and cook but is time consuming. Plus it is creamy and delicious. From breakfast, dinner and desserts, all your low carb meals are covered! You have successfully joined our subscriber list. It was a pretty place plate of food for him that day as I had made a chicken dish for him too! It can be entirely optional for you to use it though. Packed with vegetables that have minimal carbs and can be eaten as a meal in itself or as a side to a meat dish for example. Copyright © 2020 Divalicious Recipes on the Foodie Pro Theme. Given that 1 cup of chopped broccoli has about 6-7 grams of carbs and 2.5-3 grams of fibre, which makes it 5 grams net carbs, using it for a rice alternative is a great keto and low-carb option. I have a couple of things that I do differently with my risottos. Cut the broccoli into small florets and the stalk into small pieces. From time to time, I end up craving something with milder flavors for dinner. The risotto rice is thick and cheesy with cheddar flavor, and it’s accompanied by crisp bites of tender broccoli. If you are having a nice Sunday roast on your Keto Lifestyle then this makes a perfect side accompaniment that incorporates great keto friendly vegetables and a wonderful flavoursome sauce. Best to do it in blitz, scraping and mixing the broccoli in between. If you have leftovers from this risotto and you’re looking to transform them into something different, allow me to recommend crispy fried leftover risotto rice balls or arancini. Do it in short blitz a few times, then check and scrape bits and pieces from the sides, then blitz again if needed. We truly appreciate your support by using our links, but your participation is entirely voluntary. That basically sums up everything you need to make this broccoli cheddar risotto. https://divaliciousrecipes.com/cauliflower-rice-broccoli-risotto Nutritional Info per serving:  233 Calories, 18g Fat, 6g Protein, 16g Total Carbs, 8g Fibre, 8g Net Carbs, Have you tried this recipe? Pour the sauce over the broccoli and cauliflower in the baking dish. Riced veggies are oven baked to create a tasty, lightened-up version of classic risotto. Oh, how I have missed the convenience of kitchen appliances! Season and add the lemon zest. I don’t recommend freezing it. Easy Roasted Broccoli: A Keto-Friendly Side Dish. Add cheddar cheese and stir with the rice until melted. Unsubscribe anytime. It’s a kid-friendly way to add more veggies to your meal plan, too! An avid hiker and trekker. 300 ml Full Fat Double Cream. Place the broccoli into your food processor and blend until it resembles the texture of rice. This cauliflower rice risotto is also made with broccoli rice. Cajun Honey Lime Salmon With Tomato Cauliflower Rice Once broccoli is riced, set it aside in a bowl or a plate while you prepare a little diced garlic and spring onions (scallions). About 2 emails per week. Perfect for those doing paleo, Whole30 or keto diets. I share nutritious recipes, tips, meal plans and cookbooks to help you get healthier and lose weight. She shares simple recipes and guides for keto and low carb diets. Season with a little sea salt and some lemon juice. This avoids the meal becoming too mushy. Julia is a recipe developer and the founder of Savory Tooth. ABOUT THE AUTHOR Instead of pan-frying, you could also steam or microwave broccoli rice but do it very briefly. Ensuring that you trim off any brown edges from the stalk. Leek, asparagus, chicken are all good options. Required fields are marked *. In this easy recipe, fresh broccoli simmers with garlic, bacon, and a blend of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese to make a dish that’s truly amazing — all in less than 30 minutes. This filling cheesy sauce recipe is a wonderful go to for a quick and easy side to all manner of dishes. There’s nothing complex about the taste of this dish, as it’s one of those meals where I don’t feel the urge to add additional herbs or spices, and it’s perfectly simple the way it is. About If you are ever in a rush but want something a little wholesome you can simply heat a portion through. And a traditional risotto with rice is a labour of love to prepare and cook but is time consuming. These fried balls of goodness are amazing and can breathe new life into your leftover risotto rice. Simmer for 30 minutes. Suddenly I was aware that I had eaten half and quietly debated whether to eat the rest or save some for his lunch. Your email address will not be published. This SAUTEED BROCCOLI is a simple and quick 4-ingredient recipe that makes it easy to get broccoli on the table. (reserve a little of the grated cheese). February 8, 2017 by Angela Coleby Leave a Comment. Riced Broccoli Cauliflower Risotto is an oven-baked, low carb side dish recipe or meatless main dish. Also, I don’t use alcohol in my risottos, as it’s an unnecessary complication. Full instructions in the recipe below. Cut the broccoli into small florets. Likes to see the positive in everything. First, I don’t endlessly stir and add more stock. Boil the broccoli and cauliflower in a saucepan until tender but not too soft. In this recipe, I want to show you how to make super quick and easy broccoli rice. Cooked broccoli rice will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge and can be easily reheated. Once the garlic and onions are fragrant in the pan, add the chopped broccoli. Lemongrass Shrimp Cauliflower Rice So, the next time you want a quick meal and are looking at a lonely cauliflower and broccoli in your fridge, get grating and whip up a grain free risotto! I added lemon zest to this recipe as I like broccoli with lemon. Try our; To make a larger batch of this Broccoli Rice recipe adjust the servings above. Anything cauliflower can do, broccoli can do too so I added broccoli rice to this cauliflower risotto dish. Published Jul 5, 2017 By Julia 2 CommentsThis post may contain affiliate links. Saute, stirring often, for about 5-7 minutes, until the broccoli has softened and is cooked through. Gently sauté the spring onions in the saucepan for 2 minutes until soft. I am a qualified nutrition coach with an Advanced Diploma in Nutrition & Weight Management. 1 serving is approximately 100g/3.5oz and has 4g net carbs. A Cauliflower Head. Add broccoli, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. As much as I love regular rice (and I have written more about white rice here), I am quite fond of faux vegetable rice dishes such as cauliflower rice or broccoli rice. Although it’s not too overpowering, it gives is a slight lift. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover with … Each serving comes out to be 552 calories, 44.1g fat, 10.7g net carbs, and 27.4g protein. Likes to see the positive in everything. Be careful to not overprocess the broccoli for too long or it will turn into mash. It’s a tasty grain free dish that is quick to make too. It’s the perfect base recipe to add your favorite herbs and spices to! Be careful not to let it get to boil. You've successfully joined our subscriber list. As is happening more and more often, I got the inspiration for this dish by looking at my pantry and fridge leftovers. Prep the cauliflower and broccoli … I also have this on its own as a lunch. The Chief Taster gave this cauliflower risotto his full approval. Quick and easy broccoli rice makes for a delicious and healthy side dish that is low-carb, gluten-free and grain-free. I grated this using a hand-held grater. Looking for more delicious Keto Side Dish recipes featuring broccoli? Add the cream and Parmesan cheese. We add great keto friendly flavours like white wine, red onion, fatty bacon and double cream. The bacon adds loads of flavor and turns broccoli into something even the kids will want to eat! 200 g Full Fat Soft Cheese. An avid hiker and trekker. Your email address will not be published. We add great keto friendly flavours like white wine, red onion, fatty bacon and double cream. Simple and easy. FAQ If you have a powerful processor, it will be easy to turn your broccoli into a mushy mess if you whiz it for too long. Heat olive oil in a 3 quart nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Heat the butter in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Broccoli Carbs & Nutrients. Unless you have spectacular knife skills, I recommend using a food processor to ‘rice’ or chop the broccoli into very small pieces. Cajun Honey Lime Salmon With Tomato Cauliflower Rice, Best Kitchen Gadget For Making Cauliflower Rice, Vietnamese Meatballs With Broccoli Rice (Keto, Paleo), Apricot Chicken Salad With Curry Mayo (Paleo, Whole30), Instant Pot Moroccan Lamb Stew With Potatoes - Instant Pot Eats, Cauliflower Egg Fried Rice (Paleo, Whole30, Low-Carb), Pumpkin Sticky Date Pudding (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free), Oven-Cooked Brisket With Worcestershire & Balsamic Reduction.