If it is critical for your health goals to be accurate, please always calculate using the brands that YOU used. I also add prunes because they provide so many nutrients and help with regularity. This is as a result of the high level of sulforaphane found in broccoli. All of our articles are well researched, unbiased, and continually updated. High speed blenders like Vitamix or Vitamix alternatives can puree broccoli making it easy to use with any smoothie. Let me know what you think. For many, this infographic comparing sugar values in "health foods" is a real eye-opener. And we all want breakfast to be nutritious, filling and of course yummy. I made it many time and sure … I add a tumeric supplement to my smoothies for anti-inflammatory benefits. Love the idea of this! Seriously, you won't want a fruit smoothie again after reading this. Pour in glass and decorate with some frozen strawberries if you like. 4 Keto Smoothie Recipes All of these recipes can be easily modified to meet your desired taste. Blender Authority may receive a small referral commission from websites that we link to. If you want to feel better ditch sugar now ! If you are new to smoothies, here are our favorite. Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. We would just use whatever is convenient for you or just mix it up. Or even add an apple! Amount Per Serving (1 serve (makes 2 serves)). Nutribullet Replacement Parts – Where to Get Them ? Just watch this little clip (and look at the fun infographic below), I hope you may never order a fruit smoothie ever again. Guide to Acai Berrry Smoothies and Benefits. It was definitely not inexpensive. If you are new here and adding healthy fat to your meals makes you shudder and run for cover, then you may wish to read this article - "Why High Healthy Fat". Recent studies have shown that chopping broccoli and allowing air to flow activates enzymes that promote sulforaphane. The blender also has a three year warranty, so if you use it for three years every day the daily cost comes down to 18 cents a day. This healthy green smoothie recipe is so simple, your kids can make it in the morning before school. too much "side notes" and personal anecdotes. This information comes from online calculators. The trick to healthy smoothies is to add low-sugar fruits and add plenty of healthy fats and greens instead. Why not? Just ensure it has no added sugar and the carb value is low enough to be low-carb (generally less than 4g/100g). My name is Tatiana, enjoy delicious homemade meals with me and my kids! 125 ml of the cream you link, which is coconut cram btw, is 33.3g of fat. I have great news for you! So refreshing! Broccoli also helps with the risk of high cholesterol, which is a major cause of heart failure. I made it many time and sure you will love it too! This vegan health and beauty booster drink is easy with a refreshing taste. And who else here wants to disguise the taste of kale? All made in the blender in less than 1 minute - GENIUS! Oh I love the sound of this! Required fields are marked *. There was an error submitting your subscription. Broccoli detox smoothie, great for any cleanse diet, keto, whole30, low carb and very healthy and delicious. There is some confusion about fresh vs frozen broccoli nutrition levels. *Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates. I couldn't detect any broccoli taste in it. Another benefit of broccoli is its ability to boost the immune system which is the most important system in defending the body against viruses, bacteria, and diseases. They don't even need to wash the blender, leave it out for the next member of the family to throw their green smoothie ingredients in, and blitz away. AWESOME smoothie ! Great post! Copyright 2020 by Blender Authority. So I stand by this smoothie is 34g fat. If you're not sure what to add to your smoothies, why not try these ingredients. The mint adds a lovely subtle flavour that helps disguise the kale, and if it doesn't pack enough mint flavour for you, you can add some peppermint essence to give it a real kick. Ha. I like to freeze my broccoli stems & scraps & use them in my smoothies:). I’ll have to try these recipes! 125ml coconut cream = 42g fat (possibly even less as most coconut creams are only 20%-25% fat = 25g - 31.25g), yoghurt = 4g, almond milk = 3g, 1/2 avocado = 15g, mint leaves = 1g, chia seeds = 4g = Total 69g. Instead of just grabbing orange juice to fight that cold, consider making a broccoli smoothie (recipes below). Thanks for the article! I earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you. Yummo. Well after much trial and error, I have the secret weapon against bitter kale - mint!!!! This Nutribullet broccoli smoothie is a unique combination of fruits and vegetables with a smoothie taste. Every time you start heading for your milk carton, consider reaching for the blender and enjoy a broccoli shake instead. So many of them are absolutely jam-packed with sugar - yes they may be natural sugars, but they are sugar nonetheless. Place all the ingredients in a blender, and pulse until smooth. Anna is a blending expert that for years has researched, tested, and written about 100's of blenders and smoothie recipes. I will honestly be scared to put broccoli in my smoothie because I am not a huge fan of raw broccoli. Brendan, it seems someone has made you a little terse today. You can play with ingredients to make sure it fits your taste. Taste and adjust the sweetener and peppermint to your preference. Coconut Milk Smoothies: 3 Recipes and Health Benefits! This means there are 4.6 grams of net carbs. Since broccoli has such wide ranging health benefits, I will surely be making this again. Fruit may be natural but it ain’t natural to drink that much in one seating - especially fruit juices are dangerous as they remove all the fibre which helps slow down digestion of sugar aiding the burden on the liver. See terms and privacy policy. Welcome to Berry&Maple. As a newsletter subscriber bonus, you receive my Top 10 low-carb recipes eBook. Or, as an option, add more sweeteners that are listed in the ingredient list, or more banana. fruit is natural and is healthy on occasion but juicing them is definitely not ! And only 4g net carbs per serve. Just look at what goes into my keto green smoothie. Spoiler alert - think again. When it comes to smoothies, frozen broccoli can be easier to use and generally is less bitter than raw broccoli.