Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut. , Love this Manali! I love this! If you want a stronger mint flavor, add more peppermint candy to the mix. We chose a blend of cocoa powder, for its complex chocola... Read More. Check out my Hot Chocolate on a Stick for another fun gourmet hot chocolate and gift idea. To make hot chocolate, just add 2-3 tablespoons of the mix to 6 oz of water/milk/half & half. Fruitcake topping tart caramels wafer donut topping pie This is definitely the flavor for the holidays. muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe including 3 flavors (Original Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, and Mexican Hot Chocolate) for you today! . Also a little funny that you posted this, because I was just planning on making some for teacher gifts this year, and probably posting it! but one of my personal favorites is hot cocoa mix. Caramels chocolate bar donut cookie. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Lovely pix. This mint hot chocolate recipe features real deal ingredients: milk, cream, and chocolate! I love cake indeed. cheesecake. Caramels chocolate bar donut cookie. Peppermint anything is such a great gift idea this time of year – I say I’m going to make this mix for others but I’ll probably drink it all myself! From the adorable little marshmallows to your cute labels. tootsie roll tart. You should visit India during that time of the year, it’s crazy!! 0. Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut Place powdered milk, powdered sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in food processor and process until fine consistency and combined. Don’t you agree? Brownie I am still kind of in shock! So weird how that happens, seeing the same things on the blogs you follow! Not just ever made. On chilly nights, there is nothing quite as comforting as a mug of hot chocolate. Thank you Mir! These will make the CUTEST gifts (but of courser I’d have to keep some for myself…)!!! I JUST MADE HOT WHITE CHOCOLATE WITH PEPERMINT AND REALLY LIKED IT! Such a fun flavor for the holidays. Lisa Huff is a cookbook author, recipe developer, food stylist, food photographer, & award-winning home chef. I love this gift food idea! You may need to adjust the amounts of the ingredients and spices to your personal taste. Store peppermint cocoa mix in airtight containers or pack them in small jars as gifts. Peppermint Hot Chocolate is one of our favorite warm drinks this time of year. It’s easy to make and requires few simple ingredients which you might already have in your pantry. From that point on, I’ve never gone back to that powdered mix. SERVES 12 (Makes 3 cups) WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS. , You need to make it Marcie! Love it! What a great gift idea! DEFINITELY TRYING YOURS SOON! LOOKS AMAZING MANALI! Cookie topping wafer bonbon Your photos!! I love how everything looks so festive and beautiful here around the holidays. Bold statement I know, but really, it is. For Peppermint, add 3 cups of original prepared hot chocolate mix and starlight candies (or candy canes) to food processor and process until candy is finely crushed. This Homemade Hot Cocoa also makes a great stocking stuffer for the foodies in your life! To make hot chocolate, just add 2-3 tablespoons of the mix to 6 oz of water/milk/half & half. Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet chocolate bar halvah carrot cake donut. pastry. Tiramisu caramels tiramisu marshmallow pudding pastry. I’m talking about real deal hot chocolate made with milk, cream, and chocolate. Peppermint sounds really a cool addition to this mix. Do not copy, distribute, or reproduce without permission. Tiramisu caramels tiramisu marshmallow pudding pastry. I love the sound of the Diwali festival! What a great idea, Manali! excellent idea and very well made! And I will be making this for myself, for sure. Anyway December is everyone’s favorite month here for obvious reason, it’s Christmas time! This peppermint hot cocoa mix is just the perfect little gift for your loved one. I love that you created this mix to give away as a gift. (For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.). Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut Your email address will not be published. In a large bowl, sift together dry milk and confectioners sugar. Manali, this hot chocolate mix is excellent.. It does help to have a food processor to process everything to make it a little finer, but it will still work if you don’t have one. Time scares me at times, it flies way too quickly. © 2020 America's Test Kitchen. Mint is essential for the holidays…isn’t it? Looking forward to your hot cocoa mix recipe! One of the things that everyone looks forward to during holidays is gifts! Brownie Yes Diwali is all about FOOD Sarah! Thanks Stacey! I love the minty touch to it.. amazing !! Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix. It makes about 20 full servings, but if you, like me, are making mini cups for kids, there’s more than that. Home » Recipes » Drinks » Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix (Original, Mexican, & Peppermint). Thanks for this! Get FREE ACCESS to every recipe and rating from this season of our TV show. The personal touch makes them extra special. The only challenging part for me was sifting the cocoa powder. These would be perfect for my little cousins for Christmas . Hot cocoa is definitely a welcome when the weather turns cold. Crazy! I mean who doesn’t love/want hot cocoa during cold freezing days? Take out semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips from the refrigerator and add them to the food processor as well. Cute, isn’t it? Variety of shopping guides from Snappy Gourmet including favorite kitchen products, ideas for kids who like to cook, etc. Our biggest festival in India is Diwali and everyone’s house is loaded with gifts during that time of the year. * Chilling the chocolate chips before pulsing them in the food processor is not essential but recommended since they might melt slightly in the processor if not chilled. Pinned! I need to make a batch too. A great idea for Christmas gifts!!! EASY to make, ready in minutes, and this homemade hot chocolate is a great homemade Christmas gift, birthday gift, teacher’s gift, or just because gift! PUBLISHED NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2014. I kind of dislike sifting so it’s a task for me to sift and mix everything together but once the mix is ready and you pack it into cute little jars, the effort seems worth it. I always use 1/2 milk and 1/2 half & half for my creamy and rich hot chocolate. If you’re looking for another fun homemade gift, check out this DIY Vanilla extract and Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix – 6 flavors. This is hands down the best hot chocolate mix I’ve ever had. Our goal was a dark, thick, and creamy mug of hot chocolate that packed a superconcentrated chocolate punch with a touch of mint but left us able to drink more than a couple of sips. Add a scoop to hot water for a chocolaty treat. I think they will make very cute gifts! Easy recipes from cocktails and appetizers to main dishes and desserts! 25 years of Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country, and America's Test Kitchen foolproof recipes, In-depth videos of recipes and cooking techniques, Up-to-Date reviews and product buying guides. This is such a perfect idea for a gift or stocking stuffer! Chupa chups sesame snaps chocolate cake tart icing chupa chups sesame snaps. Jelly jelly beans candy. You can decorate the jars with cute ribbons and even but a homemade sticker/tag on top. Include some fun toppings like crushed peppermint (or candy canes) candy, mini chocolate … Powder sugar plum liquorice. Your email address will not be published. EASY to make, ready in minutes, and this homemade hot chocolate is a great homemade Christmas gift, birthday gift, teacher’s gift, or just because gift! lol, Thank you dear! I like to include some of my favorite toppings like mini chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, and mini marshmallows and put everything in decorated bags or small mason jars. . And I so have got to try peppermint in my hot cocoa asap! Yes you should totally make it..you can then have hot cocoa whenever you feel like . It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish and in the end you have a completely comforting, rich, delicious cup of hot chocolate! What a wonderful gift idea, especially for coworkers. All rights reserved. Yours looks so delicious with the marshmallows and peppermint! INGREDIENTS. Pinning! What a great gift this would make. To serve, mix about 3-4 tablespoons of mix to one cup of hot water (or milk) and top with desired toppings. * I added just enough crushed peppermint candy to have a subtle mint flavor in the hot cocoa. We chose a blend of cocoa powder, for its complex chocola... Read More. I can’t believe 2014 is almost gone too. Transfer the entire mixture into a food processor. That’s my kind of gift exchange! Home | About | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions. Love it, pinning! Ever had. I love it all! Get the recipe at foodandwine.com. Cookie topping wafer bonbon It takes about 5 minutes to make and you have a ton of mix. Thank you! I love this idea! Our goal was a dark, thick, and creamy mug of hot chocolate that packed a superconcentrated chocolate punch with a touch of mint but left us able to drink more than a couple of sips. Add a shot of espresso and I don’t have to go to Starbucks anymore. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe including 3 flavors (Original Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, and Mexican Hot Chocolate) for you today! I cannot believe how quickly this year went by, where did the time fly? I know that happens sometimes that we end up posting the same thing! Fruitcake topping tart caramels wafer donut topping pie haha I know I kept a big box for myself and I keep drinking it all the time!! Simple yet a very cute and useful gift for the cold winter days. Chupa chups sesame snaps chocolate cake tart icing chupa chups sesame snaps. Required fields are marked *. While people gift each other all sorts of gifts, the most common one has to be “food gifts”. My Cook’s Illustrated magazine just listed a homemade hot cocoa mix and I thought I really need to make that! You could also make some cute homemade labels! Peppermint hot chocolate is always a terrific treat. Sounds so perfect, Manali! Today is the first day of the last month of the year. I know I love these cute little jars and the labels! Just day before I saw fake snow flakes shower with beautiful music at the shopping mall, it looked so so pretty. And the cocoa mix sounds perfect for Christmas and winter! Glad you like this! Stunning as always, Manali! Oh peppermint hot white chocolate sounds totally awesome Mira! muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake. tootsie roll tart. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Cocktail – Snappy Gourmet, Mexican Hot Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – Snappy Gourmet, Hot Chocolate Cookies – Kirbie’s Cravings, Gluten Free Hot Chocolate Cupcakes – Cookie Monster Cooking. Croissant marshmallow biscuit. OMG I want to pin them all just to look at them! muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake. . Fun food that's a snap to make! © All rights reserved. Coming from such a talented photographer, it means a lot And I can’t believe either that 2014 is almost over!! Spice up the winter season with a simple Mexican hot chocolate.