She takes recipes very literally and asks a lot of questions, which helps me in writing the recipe in a more effective way for you. You are here: Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray the inside of a bundt cake pan with baking spray. Bundt cakes require little to no additional effort but yet feel so special. We got ready to put it in the oven and realized there is no oven temp on the recipe so I hope we guessed correctly ???? You can also share on social with #julieblanner or the “I made it” feature on Pinterest! The cake looks amazing and I bet it tastes even better being that it’s made with brown sugar. My Big Fat Greek Wedding is my favorite movie, and I LOVE that part…I always reference it, but no one seems to know what I’m talking about, lol. Cream butter and brown sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment fitted, about 3 minutes (or in a large bowl using a hand mixer). Mix egg with milk and stir into sugar mixture. Thank you! Bake for 2 hours. It’s been so much fun, but so helpful as well. It gives a deeper, rich flavor and color for a delicious twist. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. This brown sugar bundt cake can stand on it’s own, but I love adding a little “frosting” for fun. I adapted the Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe {one of my absolute favorites} into a beautiful brown sugar bundt cake with caramel sauce. I believe everything is better in a bundt. Cover the cake with foil after baking for about 35 minutes if the cake seems to be browning too quickly. Turn over onto a platter or cake pedestal. Preheat oven to 300 °F. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday . instagram | newsletter | facebook | pinterest. This brown sugar bundt cake can stand on it’s own, but I love adding a little “frosting” for fun. Cool to lukewarm. After the success of my brown sugar cookies, I decided to tweak another favorite recipe with brown sugar. Blend dry ingredients into the creamed mixture a little at a time, alternating additions with the sour cream and baking soda mixture, ending with the flour mixture. To prepare frosting, mix together 1 beaten egg and 1 cup milk and set aside. Add 1 stick butter, vinegar, and salt. On occasion, my sister has been joining me in the kitchen to develop recipes. Easy brown sugar bundt cake recipe with salted caramel sauce – make a statement with this easy and delicious cake that doubles as a centerpiece! Blend dry ingredients into the creamed mixture a little at a time, alternating additions with the sour cream and baking soda mixture, ending with the flour mixture. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. On occasion, my sister has been joining me in the kitchen to develop recipes. In a third, smaller bowl, combine the sour cream and baking soda. A beautiful bundt pan elevates a cake, making a statement. I can’t wait for you to try it! Ha! Add 5 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add alternately with 1 cup milk to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. (A small amount dropped in a glass of water will form a soft ball. Drizzle with a glaze or dust with powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, cream together 2 sticks butter and shortening and add the dark brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup at at time, continuing to beat. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden pick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Brown Sugar Bundt Cake? Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan. Cook to softball stage (236 °F on a candy thermometer), stirring constantly. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Place 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a heavy saucepan. Sift together the cake flour and salt into a separate bowl. JulieBlanner.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Add vanilla and mix well. Glad to see someone else thinks it’s as funny as I do. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until melted and brown. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Using an electric mixer, cream together 2 sticks butter and shortening and add the dark brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup at at time, continuing to beat. Easy brown sugar bundt cake recipe with salted caramel sauce - make a statement with this easy and delicious cake that doubles as a centerpiece! My daughter Is making this for thanksgiving. I love brown sugar everything, especially in fall. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or tube cake pan. Home » Recipes » Desserts » Cakes + Cupcakes » Better in a Bundt | Brown Sugar Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce. To Make the Cake: . If you remove it from the water it will flatten out). In a third, smaller bowl, combine the sour cream and baking soda. ©2020 Julie Blanner, All Rights Reserved. It is an easy way to decorate a bundt cake and to dip each and every bite, because you’re worth it. If you make this recipe, don’t forget to leave a 5 star review in the comments below! You better believe it! Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking. It is an easy way to decorate a bundt cake and to dip each and every bite, because you’re worth it. I could watch it again and again! JulieBlanner.com receives a small commission when certain items are purchased, but the price is the same for you. Pour into a well greased {shortening and a dust of flour} bundt pan. Preheat oven to 300 °F. Hi, I'm Julie, the voice behind the lifestyle blog filled with inspiration for effortless entertaining, home design and thoughtful gift-giving that celebrates everyday life. Sift together the cake flour and salt into a separate bowl. Add water and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add 5 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Easy Fresh Blueberry Cake With a Cake Mix. Of course what is cake without frosting? Beat until creamy and spread on cake. It’s been so much fun, but so helpful as well. Pour batter into prepared pan. Dark muscovado sugar will make a dark, delicious brown sugar pound cake, or use any light or dark brown sugar. Your email address will not be published. Many of the links on this blog are affiliate links. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes and carefully trim off the excess with a kitchen knife. Looking to make the best desserts ever? In a mixing bowl, beat butter 5 minutes until it's a creamy light yellow {don't skip this step}. Alternate beating in flour and milk on low speed and add vanilla. Get tips, tricks and recipes to host a memorable Thanksgiving! Beat in vanilla. Better in a Bundt | Brown Sugar Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. She and I have different styles. This was her first bundt cake and it turned out amazing. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar. Crazy Good Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Truffle Fries – Easy Oven Baked Gourmet Fries, Moist Banana Muffins (Caramel And Banana Muffin Recipe). Invert onto a serving plate and cool completely. Heat oven to 325 F. Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy. They make a beautiful centerpiece {and would nestle in nicely to this one} and ice without a fuss. Dust this cake with sifted powdered sugar or top with a vanilla glaze or caramel glaze. Sign up for our newsletter and get our cookbook. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.