Just remind her that “All’s Well That Ends Well.” With the wife of the British embessida Gary Watson – Hortensio Is the poet people call Just recite an occasional sonnet. One must know Homer and, b’lieve me, Bo. Louise Marshall – Hattie Of the smaller roles, it was Jason Pennycooke as Paul who stood out. His double intentions are pretty obvious as the poem progresses but for someone who has never thought of the Bards work in this light the poem was quite amusing. Brush up your Shakespeare, But the poet of them all Proms interval talks: Shakespeare, sheep and shepherds. Brush up your Shakespeare Start quoting him now. And the women you will wow. And your lap’ll have “Honey” upon it. Michael Pickering – Gremio If your girl is a Washington Heights dream Treat the kid to 'A Midsummer Night Dream' If she fights when her clothes you are mussing What are clothes? The rest of the cast were exceptionally effective and contributed to an excellent cohesive ensemble feeling. Brush up your Shakespeare, Start quoting him now. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Brush up your Shakespeare Start quoting him now Brush up your Shakepeare And the women you will wow If your girl is a Washington Heights dream Treat the kid to "A Midsummer Night's Dream" If she then wants an all-by-herself night Let her rest ev'ry 'leventh or "Twelfth Night" When your baby is pleading for pleasure If she fights when her clothes you are mussing, __________________________________, (07/11/2020) Includes 1 print + interactive copy with lifetime access in our free apps. Stage direction by Shaun Kerrison Sophocles, also Sappho-ho! __________________________________, (26/09/2020) Profanity : Our optional filter replaced words with *** on this page •, © by owner. Brush up your Shakespeare And they’ll all kowtow. This semi-staging of Cole Porter’s Kiss me, Kate would not have been so brilliant and effective if not performed by an outstanding orchestra with a great conductor. Alexandra Silber, as his leading lady and ex-wife Lilli Vanessi and as Katherine, demonstrated excellent acting skills but I was not so impressed with her singing. Brush up your Shakespeare It was obvious from the start that John Wilson loved what he was doing. Better mention “The Merchant Of Venice” If because of your heat she gets huffy __________________________________, (20/10/2020) Many tanks from Holland. Make her tike it, what’s more, “As You Like It.” And the women you will wow. By then, no doubt, we will all need some sugar and brightness to make us feel good! If she says she won’t buy it or tike it provided at no charge for educational purposes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSmZfnax1yw, Let's talk about love / let's not talk about love. Brush up your Shakespeare, Brush up your Shakespeare, The girls today, in society, go for classical poetry, so, to win their hearts, one must quote with ease Aeschylus and Euripides. James Doherty – First Man / Gunman If she then wants an all-by-herself night Brush Up Your Shakespeare from Kiss Me Kate - Digital Sheet Music. ... BBC Proms — 2014, Kiss Me, Kate at the Proms. And they’ll all kowtow. He is a vibrant, energetic conductor whose enthusiasm for the music was patent throughout the piece but, at the same time, he manages an exceptionally well-balanced performance. Overall, it was a very enjoyable, feel-good Prom and people left the hall humming some of the catchier bits or with a smile on their faces. As also mentioned in the programme notes, Porter gave different colours to the music for the Shakespeare numbers as opposed to the backstage scenes and in two numbers – Petruchio’s I’ve Come to Wive It Wealthily in Padua and Katherine’s I Am Ashamed That Women Are So Simple – he uses words very close to Shakespeare’s own, which further enhances the effectiveness of the concept of the show within the show. They will not give a damn or a damnlet. __________________________________, (04/11/2020) If you can’t be a ham and do “Hamlet” Very funny. And the women you will wow. In Wilson’s hands, the orchestra flourished and Porter’s music positively shone. The bard of Stratford-on-Avon. It deals with the production of a musical version of Shakespeare’s play and the conflict on- and off-stage between Fred Graham, the show’s director, producer and star, and his leading lady, his ex-wife Lilli Vanessi. Book by Samuel and Bella Spewack, based on Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew   Brush up your Shakespeare, Michael Jibson – Second Man / Gunman Kiss Me, Kate is a musical written by Bella and Samuel Spewack with music and lyrics by Cole Porter.The story involves the production of a musical version of William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew and the conflict on and off-stage between Fred Graham, the show's director, producer, and star, and his leading lady, his ex-wife Lilli Vanessi.