Should I exchange money at the aiport currency exchanage? Szechenyi? Others? more. If you say tomorrow, they will do it in 00:00-24:00 fashion, whereas you can ask it as a 15:10-15:10. more. Have anyone tried using Budapest 24-hour group travelcard? Candlelit Dinner Cruise by Legenda City Cruises, Budapest, Looking for tube boxes for artwork shipping in Budapest, First trip to Europe - Berlin, Prague, Budapest & Rome, Effective Sept. 1 - Hungary Borders Closed. The 24 ticket works on hours not on days. Oh, one other thing this being just one card it eliminates a big problem. How do I use the public transit system in Budapest? does the Budapest 24-hour group travelcard cover most public transport in the area of Buda and Pest area? Should I get the Budapest Card (Budapest Kartya)? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-99403841', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Budapest 24-hour group travelcard? These matters confused me : 1. It seems to have the same 4 boxes to fill out as the individual travel card. Answer 1 of 45: This seems relatively new (? If you get on the metro twice you break even compared to individual tickets. Rudas? Orangeways Bus BUD to Vienna - Cheap, Comfortable, AWESOME! One can buy then in advance. Can anyone confirm that we are not required to identify the number of travelers. bkv.hu/en/…budapest_24_hour_group_travel_card. It seems cheaper than the other travel pass for 3 people ?! What is the best neighborhood and how do I pick the best hotel or apartment for me? This seems relatively new (? Answer 1 of 4: Have anyone tried using Budapest 24-hour group travelcard? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. I know 100E isn't covered. ), as it don't see it mentioned anywhere but on BKV's own website. Should I exchange money at the aiport currency exchanage? Rudas? How to buy Budapest 72-hour travel card when I arrive late. oppure ne posso comprare 4 tutti insieme ed utilizzarli nei giorni a seguire, timbrandoli al How do I use the public transit system in Budapest? I have a question that maybe someone can answer because it is not clear on the BKV website (English version). The only downfall is that you’ll have to buy a new 24 hour … Answer 1 of 4: Have anyone tried using Budapest 24-hour group travelcard? It used to be that the 3-day and 7-day cards were validated at the ticket window when purchased. if we decide to buy this group travelcard, must we buy it every day during our stay in Budapest? We will have a group of 5 and it seems to be priced as if it were a "pay for 2, get 3 more free" pass. When I have guests or with my children, each with an individual card, I make them wear it in a clear badge holder on a neck lanyard. Each group card can be used for up to 5 people. What is the best neighborhood and how do I pick the best hotel or apartment for me? 5 for the price of 2. It seems to have the same 4 boxes to fill out as the individual travel card. Still, I appreciate the commentary. Yes, it's good to buy a pass, it can be useful during your stay, some sights are quite far away from each other. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. It seems cheaper than the other travel pass for 3 people ?! Hotels near Hungarian Parliament Building, Hotels near St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika), Hotels near St. Gellert Thermal Bath and Swimming Pool. If I purchase 3 of the 24-hour travel cards on my morning of arrival, how, when and where are each of the cards validated? Which are the best baths? 72-hour Travelcard: 4,150 HUF ($14.80) 24-hour Group Travelcard: 3,300 HUF ($11.70) 7 Day Travelcard: 4,950 HUF ($17.70) If you’re in a group of 3 or more, the group Travelcard is a great deal. do you think it is better to buy pass during the stay in budapest? does the Budapest 24-hour group travelcard … This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. It seems to … You are going to have to show the card (really thin paper) every time you enter the metro and every time you are checked on the trams. Related: What are the most popular tours in Budapest? ), as it don't see it mentioned anywhere but on BKV's own website. We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Szechenyi? That's it, you don't need to stay together but if you split up, only one person has the card. Have fun. This 24-hour group travel card, is it can be use also for furnicular? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The convenience of the group ticket alone is worth something. Candlelit Dinner Cruise by Legenda City Cruises, Budapest, Fast Track Entrance to Széchenyi Spa with Optional Massage, http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html, Looking for tube boxes for artwork shipping in Budapest, First trip to Europe - Berlin, Prague, Budapest & Rome, Effective Sept. 1 - Hungary Borders Closed, Train schedules Eger-Budapest and Budapest-Pécs-Budapest. Can anyone confirm that we are not required to identify the number of travelers. How do they work? The card is for a group of 2-5, and I am hoping that if 5 of us use it early in the day, it could also be used later in the day if just 2 or 3 … Can anyone confirm that we are not required to identify the number of travelers. How and where to buy international train tickets from Budapest? Of course you have to buy a new one every day and that might get old if you are staying several days. How do I get from the airport to the city? The card is for a group of 2-5, and I am hoping that if 5 of us use it early in the day, it could also be used later in the day if just 2 or 3 of us want to go out. does the Budapest 24-hour group travelcard cover most public transport in the area of … I can't find students special pass in the bkk website. And yes you can use it as you describe you want to. It seems cheaper than the other travel pass for 3 people ?! Type of ticket, date on start, time of start (If a 24 hr or 72 hr one), cost. Is it a good value? Get answers to your questions about Budapest. I hand this over to the cashier, and things always seem to come out right. Efectivamente la budapest 24 h group travel card es útil cuando se viaja en grupos de 3 a 5 personas, ya que se paga el precio de 2 tarjetas de 24 horas, es decir, 3100 ft y la pueden aprovechar esos 3, 4 ó 5 personas. Hotels near Hungarian Parliament Building, Hotels near St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika), Hotels near St. Gellert Thermal Bath and Swimming Pool. Others? 72-hour Travelcard: 4,150 HUF ($14.80) 24-hour Group Travelcard: 3,300 HUF ($11.70) 7 Day Travelcard: 4,950 HUF ($17.70) If you’re in a group of 3 or more, the group Travelcard is a great deal. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Questo ticket, valido per 24h per gruppi fino a 5 persone, deve essere utilizzato nella stessa giornata in cui si acquista? And you are doing a good thing. Yes it is new. I can't find students special pass in the bkk website. You will want to convey "1 now, 1 tomorrow, 1 the next day" ... shouldn't be a problem but how you solve it will depend on circumstances I'd guess (the first one being whether the cashier speaks any English...or you any Hungarian). Late-night arrival at T2 Budapest Airport: Public Transport. The only downfall is that you’ll have to buy a new 24 hour card each day of the trip. Are Budapest taxis as unscrupulous as the guidebooks say? 1) The 24 Hour Pass is 3300 HUF. Trying to keep a group of 5 together on the sidewalks for long hauls can be a little difficult. Can be fewer. We just came back from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Personallly, I make out a file card with the required info on it. But I’m not stuck waiting on a group of people to figure out which pocket they crammed it in or where they lost it when they pulled change out of their pockets. VALIDATE your ticket! When they get embarrassed they tuck it in their shirt and hide it. Each group card can be used for up to 5 people. Should I get the Budapest Card (Budapest Kartya)? The toughest part may be the communication. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-42204839', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Budapest and we were told about this group card by the ticket window person when we were trying to buy 6 day tickets. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers’ questions frequently. Gellert? It seems cheaper than the other travel pass for 3 people ?! La mia domanda è molto semplice. How do I get from the airport to the city? ), as it don't see it mentioned anywhere but on BKV's own website. . Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Get answers to your questions about Budapest. It is a great value. Which are the best baths? The card is for a group of 2-5, and I am hoping that if 5 of us use it early in the day, it could also be used later in the day if just 2 or 3 of us want to go out. can we share with the coupons and use on the same day? The local currency is the Forint, not the Euro. Related: What are the most popular tours in Budapest? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. VALIDATE your ticket! Have anyone tried using (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The metro is amazingly simple and efficient. What is the best way to get Forints? Hola: Ya he vuelto. Answer 1 of 45: This seems relatively new (? Gellert? My Apologies, that was commentary and not much help. The trick us that when checked, the person holding the card can identify up to 4 people immediately around them as co-travelers.