Not much left to my lasagna after that, so I really look forward to this new recipe. If carbs made us skinny, we’d wither away to nothing. Enjoy! Cut the cabbage into quarters and cut the stem off and place into boiling water. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Add half of the meat sauce and evenly dollop dots of half the ricotta. The only change I made (and only because it was what I had in the pantry) was I used an arrabiata sauce so it’s a bit spicy. https://everydaydishes.com/simple-food-recipes/cabbage-lasagna-recipe I know you mentioned Step 3, is to be poored on each layer? We love hearing from you, it totally makes our day! You couldn’t really even taste the cabbage! browned and drained (2 lbs if you would like more sausage). Mother. Everyone in my family loved it! Finish with the final slices of cabbage. You will just need to cook it long enough to heat through and melt all the cheeses. OMG! The cabbage adds a little sweetness to the dish!! SO. You can register (or login if you are already a user) here:  Register/Login Here. It is a low carb casserole that brings together the delicious flavors of lasagna BUT it does not include lasagna noodles. Unfortunately due to the amount of spam we receive, we have to close comments after an initial commenting period. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Sugar Free Mom. It has become my favorite! Combine marinara, sausage and mushrooms in a bowl. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I just made this and not only is it gorgeous out of the oven, it tastes delicious! Add salt to pot once boiling. What are you supposed to do with the Avocado Cooking Oil? Welcome to our site dedicated to all things slow cooking! Lay cabbage leaves to cover the bottom of the dish. Please remember, our comment section is much like our dinner table... You don't have to like everything we serve up, but you do have to use your manners. Thanks so much for letting us know you enjoy the low carb content! Thank you a million times over for this recipe. Brenda… this was delicious! Thank you so much for including all of these low carb recipes, tips and links to your other delicious choices. It was so delicious I already made three more for the freezer! Add garlic, salt and pepper and 1 cup of marinara sauce. Repeat the layers beginning with the chicken, then mozzarella slices, then meat sauce and ricotta. It was packed with flavor and was just as good as using regular lasagna noodles. Made it Friday night and enjoyed it all throughout the weekend! This Easy Cabbage Lasagna is Low Carb, Keto, Grain Free and Gluten Free! Our family loves this easy low carb crock pot recipe! While this dish is yummy right after cooking, it will fall apart, much like a typical lasagna recipe. Your email address will not be published. Feeding yourself whole, real foods is the key and today’s recipe is a satisfying and delicious way to enjoy and sustain a low carb keto lifestyle! In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella (save the other cup for topping), eggs, seasonings and parmesan. Thank you so much for this recipe! If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! That is until I saw an idea in Keto Comfort Foods. I think it’s better than lasagna made with noodles. Setting overnight in the fridge after cooking will produce even better slices. Now that I have made this the only thing I would change would be to use a block of parmesan instead of the kind that comes in a bottle. Low carb has been a game-changer for me and I am absolutely delighted to share with you guys the recipes that I love! Thank you. Christian. I can hardly wait to try it. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. It’s a large meal so you can enjoy for dinner and have left overs for another day! I haven’t made the cabbage lasagna yet but I want to. Boiling the lasagna helps to soften the leaves and provides just a subtle taste, barely noticeable even if you’re not quite a fan of cabbage. Low Carb. My whole family raves about it, not just my Keto husband. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox! Note: If you cannot find the comment form on this post, comments are closed. Is there any way to make this recipe vegan and dairy free? Thank you so much! Sugar-Free. Such a great way to eat more cabbage. We LOVE the alternating cheesy and meaty layers. Drain meat or no? Enjoy! Give it a quick 5 minute broil if you like a crispier topping. Cabbage is my go-to for a base under sauces instead of pasta so this was right up my alley. Add 8 slices of chicken slices evenly and top with 6 slices of mozzarella. With that said, I do believe carb lovers will still love this dish. Try our famous crockpot recipes! Hi Sherrie! It took about an hour and 10 minutes to cook from half thawed half frozen. In a medium bowl whisk egg white into crushed tomatoes. You don't have to brown the ground beef ahead of time and it is so easy to throw this one pot meal together for a low carb family dinner. I am so happy that Lasagna is back in my life!! The only substitute I made, was including 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 sausage. Writer. I had some homemade Lasagna a couple nights ago where I needed to scrape away the meat, cheese, and marinara sauce from the pasta noodles. We did the Air Fryer chicken with the CarbQuick the other day New favorite!! Photographer. Whether you’ve stayed low carb and keto during the holidays or you fell off the wagon, it’s a new day and you can start today by planning your meals and getting organized. This easy cabbage lasagna recipe will win the whole family over. Saute 3 more minutes until thoroughly cooked and onion has softened. Made the low carb Pizza Soup the other day FABULOUS!!! If it’s the yolk, you can usually substitute two egg whites for each required egg…. You can register (or login if you already a user) here: Register/Login Here. Give it a quick 5 minute broil if you like a crispier topping. Learn how your comment data is processed. My kids loved it and they really didn’t even miss the lasagna noodles. Just slice and reheat in microwave. This was THE BEST!! Since carbs are my arch nemesis, I'm game for any recipe that allows me to eat my favorite foods sans guilt. https://www.food.com/recipe/slow-cooker-cabbage-roll-casserole-326509 Cook ground beef in oil in a large skillet until browned completely. PLEASE NOTE: This is not lasagna. Delicious! It’s a Delicious Low Carb Lasagna recipe for any night of the week! How to freeze lasagna: Let the lasagna come to room temperature before freezing. Great recipe— thanks! Brenda, any idea for the egg substitute, hubby can’t tolerate eggs they make him sick to his stomach? Absolutely the best I’ve ever eaten better than lasagna noodles my health says I can’t eat pasta but you filled a great void for me thank you very much it was great. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired. I adapted my Zucchini Lasagna recipe and my hubby actually likes this Cabbage Lasagna even better! Copyright © 2011 - 2020 CherylStyle, LLC & Everyday Dishes. Drain and set aside to cool. Which part of the egg causes the problem, the yolk or the white? Hi Brenda, I’ m a cooking novice and also wondered about the oil. Top with mozzarella and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through. Setting overnight in the fridge after cooking will produce even better slices. Chocolate Lover. We have plans to add a video, but it will be a few weeks. Do you think this could be cooked ahead, frozen, then thawed and baked? Plus I now have multiple meals from one effort. Watch our video on how to make cabbage lasagna! This was a BIG hit with my husband!!! Carb counts will always depend on the exact products and brands you use. Add to meat mixture and season with salt and pepper. Filed Under: Casserole, Cheese, Crock Pot, Family Favorite, Keto Comfort Foods, Kid-Friendly, Low Carb Recipes, Main Dishes, Pork, Recipes, Tomato, Uses Casserole Crock Tagged With: cheese, Crock Pot, crock pot casserole, low carb casserole, low carb crock pot recipe, low carb lasagna, Pork, tomato, video.