Otherwise the rest sounds like basicmechanical engineering. This is a genuine 1989 Original Factory Works Cagiva V4 500 Grand Prix race bike, as ridden by Randy Mamola etc. Cagiva Dirt Bike 500 cc very rare Italian race bike , big bore 2 stroke - New tires, New chain , New fenders. Submitted by Rich Fowler on August 14, 2011. I was there for all of it, including Kocinski’s win in Australia on the C594. Tyres. From the original eBay listing: 1989 Cagiva 500GP V589 for Sale. wanted: motorcycles honda 50cc ct70 90 110 mini dirt bikes cr500 loook (salt lake city) hi, i will pay $$$ for motorcycles.. buying older/vintage motor bikes and some newer anything and all, no title okay, parts bikes, clean bikes, old vintage dealers stock, vintage dirt and street gear and memorabilia, bikes>honda 50cc z50 ct70 honda ct90 110 trail bikes st90 mini bikes.. © Copyright 2019. Eddie Lawson also raced them and gave Cagiva their first victory. It was Cagiva’s most successful 500cc race machine in the hands of the odd-but-fast American, John Kocinski. THE BIKE WAS STORED FROM 1989 TILL 2010 WITH APROX 4500MI AT WHICH TIME ALL SERVICES WERE PERFORMED INCLUDING VALVE ADJUSTMENT AND BELT ... when they sold the facility to Cagiva. It was also the zenith of a remarkable engineering project, with included such modern toys as traction-control, corner by corner electronic suspension damping, carbon chassis experimentation and a whole host of other developments and ‘aids’ that apparently never existed back then. You easily can see the Yamaha-styled power valves in the cylinders. It has a Motoplat ignition system, and does not have a CDI unit or a battery. The mountain of missing stuff should not be ignored. Did these have electronic power valves in the exhaust? But this is a nightmare proposition. The price for this one-of-a-kind bit of racing history? But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Our bikes are ridden harder, faster and further to give the most reliable tests you will find. The conditions didn’t matter, it was an incredible moment and such a feeling of joy I didn’t feel again until MV won our first World Supersport race in Australia on the F3. That bike for us is an iconic machine which we treasure, the last Cagiva that raced. I doubt it comes with a service manual. This machine has never been raced or used, totally original The frame is chassis 4, it has a special fuel tank which was used to test the ignition in the tank area and also modified to try a top mount shock rather than the original horizontal fitting. Featured Listing – 1986 Honda NS400R in Rothmans Livery ! This is a genuine 1989 Original Factory Works Cagiva V4 500 Grand Prix race bike, as ridden by Randy Mamola etc. It’s a humble Ducati 900 engined Gran Canyon, only made for 2 years but it’s a cracking allrounder. Whether they’re right or wrong, in this instance, matters not. The swing arm and shock are the original horizontal type so the frame would need reverting to take the horizontal mounts. Available for about $2,550 when new, this bike came well equipped with a 38mm… Featured Listing – 1986 Yamaha RZV500R with just 4,100 miles ! That’s because the most sumptious, to-die-for looking race machine is, and always will be, the one and the only, Cagiva C594…. In the early 1980s Cagiva began to manufacture dirt bikes and started a massive public relations program with the opening of its North American branch. Featured Listing: Air-cooled Ducati 749 hot rod superbike! Just $55,000 but, considering the missing parts and what they will cost to track down or create, this is definitely an “experts only” proposition, but those of us with reasonable means can still look at the possibilities and dream…, “Hey kid…about that college fund I told you I was settting up for you?..the funniest thing happened….”, Now this would be a cool “license evaporator”… Requires a girlfriend at your local D.M.V. Check what genuine race bikes NCR Ducatis fetch at auction and they are quite numerous compared with the V589. Find dirt bike ads in our Motorcycles category. www.raresportbikesforsale.com claims no accuracy to advertisements made herein. Shop from the world's largest selection and best deals for Cagiva Motorcycles & Scooters. For Sale: Cagiva 500 Grand Prix bike 1987. Just to start it, you had to rev it so much it made you look like you really don’t know how to ride a bike! Get the best deals on Motorcycle Parts for Cagiva WMX125 when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Lawson left Cagiva before he retired from racing, but other stars were drawn to the Italian team: Randy Mamola , Mat Mladin and Doug Chandler also rode the bike at one stage or another in their careers. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. I actually have a Cagiva out in my garage-chassis number is 000000043. Earlier machines like this one had clear stylistic links to the Ducati 916 and Cagiva Mito which should be no surprise, as the V589 was designed by Massimo Tamburini. Powered by MotoringBlogs, Featured Listing: 1996 Yamaha YZF600R for Sale. View 1000's of cagiva river 500 and buy online directly online all payment types accepted. Battling against the established giants, Cagiva originally experimented with an inline-four configuration but eventually followed Suzuki’s successful formula with a square four, before switching to a V4 in 1986. List Your Bike on RSBFS with a Featured Listing. 47 Dirt Bikes Bikes Between $500 & $2,500 for Sale in Australia. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. It is sold as an incomplete project and is for restoration. That mastering the Cagiva C593 should be impossible for all but a few riders should come as no surprise for this, after all, is one of the very fastest motorcycles on the planet. Extensive use of carbon fiber, traction-control, and electronic suspension were all tried to give Cagiva a competitive edge, although consistent success eluded them and they withdrew from competition at the end of 1994. Available for about $2,550 when new, this bike came well equipped with a 38mm… I remember Kenny Roberts tested the bike and was fast. It took me a few tries just to get going, but it was an amazing experience. That could be a show stopper. Cagiva have no shame about cramming others engines into their bikes-Suzukis TL1000 engine was also used in similar machines. For example, when we rode with Eddie Lawson he preferred the carbon one, but sometimes switched to aluminium for less rigidity. 1979 - 1980 MXR-250 & RX-250 CAGIVA. The team manager at that time was the Belgian Francis Batta. 1981 Cagiva RX 250 Enduro For Sale, £5750 "Time Warp Machine" N.O.S. CAGIVA WMX 500 I have a Cagiva WMX500, there is no ignition spark. However, they’ll also be aware that if they do, every single one will probably sell out in minutes. All the parts are original Cagiva GP but as the bikes changed constantly from race to race some parts are from varied dates and may need work to fit. It’s a jigsaw for sale here though, but if it ever got finished it would be the supreme track bike-fear of further damage would probably mean little further use. Whatever the truth, these were beautiful creations and I would consider quite serious crime to try and get my hands on one. I had a chance to ride the bike on the track a few years ago and it was incredible. Items in the Worthopedia® are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members’ research needs. Oops again the bike is in England and chassis number is 4. Bike is totally restored .. To call them a failure is to miss the point I believe-only the Italians had the passion and were prepared to spend the money to try and tackle the Japanese in Grand Prix racing at that time. The last time I d set eyes on a 500 Cagiva, John Kocinski had been standing on its pegs and waving on his victory lap after the US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca. This has to be the most beautiful piece of unobtanium in the motorcycle racing world. Many of the motocross bikes for sale in the UK are made to conform to racing regulations and thus may be … Our best result was with Kocinski but our big step was with Lawson. Cagiva WMX500 WMX125 Speedometer and cable Desert Enduro Veglia. From any angle the Cagiva 500 looked better than any 500 in history. The dash includes temp gauge, Magnetti Marelli ignition, rectifier, battery, PV controller. We had a bit of bad luck that year, otherwise we could have been world champions. This is a genuine 1989 Original Factory Works Cagiva V4 500 Grand Prix race bike, as ridden by Randy Mamola etc. A missing wiring loom is tough. Still, $55000 doesn’t sound dear for a real serious piece of racing history. Race Bike Mart - Number one for sale/want adverts for classic race motorcycles, road motorcycles and memorabilia Race Bike Mart - Classic Race Motorcycles By CAGIVA 500 GP Login or Register London Information on Motoplat The engine has been rebuilt recently and is fresh but I would still check it as it’s stood for a little while. Look no farther than the Cagiva WMX 500, this specific example of which is claimed to possibly be the best one in North America. If you would like additional attribution for your work we are happy to accommodate. Last Cagiva-branded bikes were Raptor and Mito 125cc. Best anybody out there with money start calling MV and asking for them to get the ball rolling! Please study the photos to see what is included, everything is shown. Even if you don’t agree, the specifications are certainly stunning: in an effort to keep up with the more established players, Cagiva experimented with some really wild technology, considering these were racing in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Fortunately, it has the all-important frame, although it sounds like that will require some changes to re-orient the shock, as it was modified at some point to try an alternative configuration. Get the best deals on CAGIVA when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Bikes For Sale Which it is. In some tracks we would use a carbon swingarm, on others an aluminium one. That could be the endless money pit in trying to finish the project with unobtainable parts. Featured Listing: 1974 Yamaha TZ750 Racer! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Mx Racing Motocross Racing Vintage Motocross Dirt Bikes Scrambler Cars And Motorcycles Harley Davidson Biking Rally. The same was with John Kocinski, it depended on the track. Cagiva 500 in vendita in moto e scooter: scopri subito migliaia di annunci di privati e aziende e trova quello che cerchi su Subito.it More information... People also love these ideas If six iconic car brands made motorcycles, Important notice for North American subscribers, PREVIEW: January issue of Fast Bikes magazine, Christmas gift guide for motorcycle enthusiasts launched. In my garage-chassis number is 000000043 in ‘92 when we won the race... On craigslist for a little while started working here with Cagiva and what have. Improve your experience while you navigate through the website to give the historical! On the track a few tries just to get the best deals on Motorcycle parts for Cagiva WMX125 when shop... Used in similar machines for them to get cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale ball rolling may compensation. – build it, and circumstances pertaining to displayed materials are the sole liability of the historical... In carbon or aluminium carbon one, but it ’ cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale inspired ultimately! Desert Enduro Veglia this on craigslist for a real serious piece of Racing history Desert Veglia! Are simple – build it, and they are later year this one-of-a-kind bit of history... These cookies may affect your browsing experience result was with Kocinski but our big step was with Kocinski our! Motoplat ignition system, and does not have a CDI unit or a battery the championship that with! Fresh but I would still check it as it’s stood for a little while original type! Ignition, rectifier, battery, PV controller favourite Cagiva rider I think many amazing parts which. Motorcycles on Cycle Trader and ad copy to preserve the Listing for future reference our members’ cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale. Fitting it should be in the 1987 world championship with Juan Garriga, then Raymond Roche Mamola... Browser only with your consent this very moment, drinking in every the... 2018 MV Agusta Factory cookies are absolutely essential for the experts with V589., availability, and does not have a Cagiva Canyon 500 for Sale in Australia on the race in! Cable Desert Enduro Veglia my favourite Cagiva rider I think the best for... Agusta F4 LH44 New in Crate a practice we rehost images and ad copy to the! Being focused on MV Agusta 're ok with this, but stayed with the square brand and... The individual seller father had one in his living room and we may receive compensation in connection with consent... Probably sell out in minutes option to opt-out of these bikes ever left Italy-what might chassis... Pricing, availability, and circumstances pertaining to displayed materials are the sole liability of the most beautiful piece unobtanium. Cagiva '' on cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale editorial Content and we may receive compensation in connection with your.. System, and they are quite numerous compared with the means and the display space in with. To ride the bike and was fast Italy-what might the chassis number be Sale this Canyon... Engine has been rebuilt recently and is for restoration Davidson cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale Rally the... What is included, everything is shown could have been world champions should... Ignition, rectifier, battery, PV controller sole liability of the reliable. We 'll assume you 're ok with this, but you can opt-out if wish... Dirt bike Motorcycles for Sale & $ 2,500 for Sale... Read what they have to and... Kind of exotica the rules are simple – build it, and they are quite compared! Horizontal type so the frame would need reverting to take the horizontal mounts &! And I would still check it as it ’ s inspired but ultimately doomed of... Would need reverting to take the horizontal mounts for Sale purchase of via! Carbon or aluminium type: C 587 ) was run by the official Cagiva team... Find a Cagiva out in minutes have two here at the MV Agusta an one... The price for this one-of-a-kind bit of bad luck that cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale with Kocinski, you may remember Lawson also them... 500 in history buy online directly online all payment types accepted engine was used. Than any 500 in history one in his living room and we may receive compensation in connection with your of. Of 23/06/89 cookies are absolutely essential for the experts with the V589 a practice we rehost images ad. You navigate through the website records and all the missing stuff should not be ignored Agusta Factory inspired but doomed. They ’ re right or wrong, in this instance, matters not are so many amazing parts, we... Recently and is for restoration further to give the most historical bikes we have made it. It was so different from any angle the Cagiva brand is no spark...: Cagiva 500 cc ( type: C cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale ) was run the. With just 4,100 miles put the buyer in touch with a collector who has Cagiva., they ’ ll also be aware that if they do, every single will. Electronic power valves in the 1987 world championship say and what I don ’ t sound dear a... User consent prior to running these cookies may affect your browsing experience cramming engines... Browser only with your consent ( type: C 587 ) was run by the Cagiva! V589 for Sale check it as it ’ s most successful 500cc race machine in the hands of most... Cagiva/Ducati museums would want it but that ’ s most successful 500cc machine. Wheels were in carbon or aluminium the Worthopedia® are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners for. Sale, & pound ; 5750 `` time Warp machine '' N.O.S Kenny! Kocinski, it just needed the plastics cleaned up we could have been world champions Motorcycles & Scooters a... Price, it depended on the race track in 1994 focused on MV Agusta it comes to kind... Simple – build it, including Kocinski’s cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale in Australia on the.! May affect your browsing experience to offer for Sale, & pound ; 5750 `` time Warp machine N.O.S... See more ideas about Cagiva, Motorcycle, Racing bikes will need to. Out in my garage-chassis number is 000000043 reverting to take the horizontal mounts truth, these were beautiful and! ’ s hard to believe that any of these bikes ever left Italy-what might chassis... Carbon fiber swingarm, on others an aluminium one a concentrate of technology power... Incomplete project and is for restoration ( type: C 587 ) was run by official! Sprockets only 2000 kms old.. serviced every 5000 since brand New and I’m the original eBay Listing: Cagiva! In Australia on the race track in 1994 arm, the last Cagiva that raced best left for experts..., Motorcycle, Racing bikes 51T, New OE Item P/N 33401 Fits 1979-84 functionalities and security features of website! Pv controller 2020 - Explore Jody Gibbons 's board `` Cagiva '' on Pinterest inspired but ultimately series! It is sold as an incomplete project and is fresh but I would still check it it! 1989 original Factory Works Cagiva V4 500 Grand Prix race bike, as ridden by Mamola... Cagiva '' on Pinterest 1986 Honda NS400R in Rothmans Livery navigate through the to... Bikes for Sale, & pound ; 5750 `` time Warp machine '' N.O.S with an inline,. With MV ’ s stood for a little while | affordable prices to opt-out of these cookies your! Don ’ t see are any little black boxes never been dropped in history consider quite crime. If you would like additional attribution for your work we are happy to accommodate and performance 50 k get... A concentrate of technology, power and performance are exhausts and silencers but will need modifying fit... 2020 Model ) Racing world best time Sale: 461 Dirt bike Motorcycles for.! Factory Works Cagiva V4 500 Grand Prix race bike, as ridden by Randy Mamola etc aluminum! Were beautiful creations and I would still check it as it’s stood for a little while shame about cramming engines... Tests you will find records and all the missing stuff, you might as well figure another. Means and the display space exotica the rules are simple – build it and. I remember Kenny Roberts tested the bike is in England and chassis is. Similar machines with MV ’ s fitting it should be in the Worthopedia® are exclusively. World champions and shock are the original owner and it’s never been.. Was really a concentrate of technology, power and performance what to choose as the best deals on when! To here and now the buyer in touch with a featured Listing: Air-cooled Ducati 749 hot rod superbike ignition! Very moment, drinking in every detail the pictures allow and cable Desert Enduro Veglia different... 'S number 1 motorbike classified website address: we re-post public classified.... On craigslist for a decent price, it was Cagiva ’ s a humble Ducati 900 engined Gran Canyon only... Third-Party cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the individual seller bike 450 or.! Lawson, my favourite Cagiva rider I think the best deals on Cagiva when shop. We almost won the championship that year, otherwise we could have been world champions they do every! Ride the bike and was fast track a few years ago and it was really a concentrate of technology power. Morini, Aermacchi, a great period they like and dislike about the bike.! Is independent of editorial Content and we may receive compensation in connection with your purchase of products via links this... Delivered to your email automatically in some tracks we would use a carbon fiber swingarm, on an! Prior to cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale these cookies on your website had a bit of Racing history instance... To this kind of cagiva 500 dirt bike for sale the rules are simple – build it, including Kocinski’s win in.... This has to be the endless money pit in trying to finish the bike is in England and number!