Caldey (Welsh: Ynys Bŷr, naar een vroegere abt) is een eiland dat ten zuiden van Tenby in het graafschap Pembrokeshire, Wales in de baai van Carmarthen ligt.. Dit eiland heeft een klein dorp, maar het is vooaral bekend om zijn klooster.Caldey is gescheiden van het vasteland door het nauw van Caldey, dat 1 tot 2 km breed is. Internationally celebrated, Luca Turin in his book ‘Perfumes: The Guide’ describes Island Lavender Water as “simply the best lavender soliflore on Earth”. Production processes adhere to quality employment and safeguarding natural resources. Have a question? I have read the, privacy policy and data protection information. We stock our own 'Mrs Whites' brand with multiple other quality brands. Lavender perfume. ... Now more than ever it’s important to take a moment for ourselves. Fill in sparse brows and tame the... Our list of 20 red lipsticks has something for beauties of all skin tones. Please contact us for any questions. We focus on sustainability, natural ingredients, and materials that benefit from your care for our product selection. I've been seeking a lavender for years that smells like the real plant. Top: Caldey Island lavender Caldey Island. Customers who viewed this item also liked, I would like to receive the newsletter. With the establishment of the Caldey Island perfume brand the house now produces some of the finest artisanal scents in the world, and we at Roullier White are delighted to bring these skilfully blended fragrances to our customers. Lavender water is made by diluting essential oil from the distillation of the flowers with a mix of alcohol and water. Get in touch: At Roullier White we sell a wide range of products from fragrances to travel products. You can reach us from Monday to Friday at +49 2309 939095 or anytime at [email protected]. Work and worship continues to this day in many places; there are about 4 dozen monasteries and convents all over Europe which produce wines and spirits, delicacies, traditional bodycare products, handcrafted items and books. Lavender water is made by diluting essential oil from the distillation of the flowers with a mix of alcohol and water. It is a universally popular fragrance as it calms and refreshes. Made by hand by the Cistercian monks on Caldey Island and supplied in a small bottle, ideal for travelling. See 1 member reviews and photos. Base: Musk. Perfume distillation on Caldey Island, off the South Pembrokeshire coast, began with the cultivation of lavender and other aromatic plants. Perfume distillation on Caldey Island, off the South Pembrokeshire coast, began with the cultivation of lavender and other aromatic plants. The most popular and celebrated fragrance from the monks of Caldey Island, Island Lavender Water emphasises the exquisite and highly prized Caldey lavender that grows in abundance on the island. High quality materials, probably the most elegant lavender scent I own. In 1929, Cistertian monks from Scourmont Abbey in Belgium made their way to Caldey island; a tiny, pastoral landmass off the coast of south west Wales. In medieval times monasteries were - even by today's standards - large and important enterprises. From Ireland to Poland, from Italy to Scotland, monasteries protected and developed large and important parts of Europe's cultural and spiritual heritage. Profuse growth of wild lavender flowers on Caldey Island prompted the monks of the abbey to create scents with new fragrances. Caldey Island - Island Lavender Water (EdT) 100ml, © Copyright 2006-2018 ROULLIER WHITE LTD All rights reserved, Caldey Island - Caldey Island Cologne for Men (EdC) 100ml. Hops, valerian – you’ve had your turn too. I’m not the most settled of sleepers, so lavender is amongst many of my friends in trying to find a better shut-eye rhythm at night.