California Provides a protected, but unpaid leave for women who are unable to perform their work duties due to conditions related to pregnancy. endstream endobj startxref case or situation. who are state or local governmental entities. "&&(u=u.substr(1)),u;case"u":return t.UserData(n[i+1])||"";default:return""}};t.Format=function(n,i,r,u){var h,f,s,e,o;if(!n||r>i.length-1)return"";if(h=null,f=null,n=n.toLowerCase(),e=0,n=="binary")e=2;else if(r+1=0&&(f=i[r],e=1);break;default:s=parseInt(i[r]);isNaN(s)||(h=s,e=1)}o=t.Data(i,r+e,u);switch(n){case"p":case"phone":return t.Phone(""+o,f);case"p2":case"phone2":return t.Phone(""+o,f||"000.000.0000");case"p3":case"phone3":return t.Phone(""+o,f||"000-000-0000");case"tel":return t.Phone(""+o,f||"0000000000")}};t.Phone=function(n,t){var u,i,f,r;if(!n)return"";if(u=n.replace(/\D+/g,""),u.length<10)return n;for(i=(t||"(000) 000-0000").split(""),f=0,r=0;r10&&i.push(" x"+u.substring(10)),i.join("")};t.Query=function(n){var r,f,o,i,s;if(!e)for(e={},r=t.Cookie("RWQ")||window.location.search,f=r?r.substring(1).split("&"):[],o=f.length;o--;)i=f[o].split("="),s=u(i.shift()).toLowerCase(),e[s]=i.length?u(i.join("=")):null;return e[n.toLowerCase()]};t.Cookie=function(n){var f,i,o,e,t;if(!r)for(r={},f=document.cookie?document.cookie.split("; "):[],i=f.length;i--;){o=f[i].split("=");e=u(o.shift()).toLowerCase();t=o.join("=");switch(t[0]){case"#":r[e]=+t.substring(1);break;case":":r[e]=new Date(+t.substring(1));break;case"!":r[e]=t==="!! Police officer mistakes, faulty breathalyzers and crime lab errors may get your charges reduced or dismissed. conditions. Very helpful with any questions and concerns and I can't thank them enough for the experience I had. Any business that has 5 or more employees must provide Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL) to their employees. This period of time off of work is designed to protect the health of the mother and the unborn baby when “mom” is unable to perform her “essential job functions.”. (function(n){window.rrequire||n(window)})(function(n){function w(i,r,u,f){var o,w,e,a,d,h,g=(new Date).getTime(),y,c,l,p;if(((!s||g-s>1e3)&&(ft(),s=g),!t[i])&&(o=b(i,f),o.length)){switch(o[0]){case"/common/js/j/jquery.js":case"/common/js/j/jquery.1.x.js":case"/common/js/j/jquery.2.x.js":o[0]=n.Modernizr&&n.Modernizr.canvas?"/common/js/j/jquery.2.x.js":"/common/js/j/jquery.1.x.js"}if(k(o),f==="css"? the employee is unable to perform one or more essential job functions of her position. DUI arrests don't always lead to convictions in court. So long as the employee is unable to perform at least one essential job function, she is considered disabled under California law. Yes. Examples of pregnancy-related disabilities may include: As an HR professional or employer, your job is to understand both the federal and state laws regarding medical leaves, your legal responsibilities, when an employee’s absence falls under any of the above laws, and to ensure that all policies comply with these laws.