I felt super guilty. I would definitely suggest coffee or caffeine in days you dont take it. I have always had trouble paying attention, would drift off, daydream, get stuck in my head. I don't eat nearly enough and work really hard plus golf a lot in the heat. It gives me smooth sustained focus, a mental state of peace, relief from depression, potentiation of opioid narcotics (thus needing less opioids overall), drive, ability to sit still, work a great job, having meaningful conversations, have good relationships, take part in everyday life, workout and even sleep well. I was thinking I needed to go up in dose again, but I didn't want to do that, so I stopped taking it for a week. They are saying..."no. My restricting and binging were severe at times. You may not have the experience with it that I or others did. So I always have my days planned out in order to maximize my productivity. This medication is not for everyone. Well it’s time for my refill and though I’ve called twice in the last week to make sure they are working on getting auth from my insurance, low and behold they have not followed up and I’m out of meds. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information -, Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine Chewable Tablets). I binged really bad and gained about 5 pounds, but being back on it again was like when I first started. It didn't really stop the urge to binge, but it made my stomach hurt so bad after eating a normal amount of food that there was no way I could binge. My grades in high school weren't bad, but they definitely could have been better if I didn't procrastinate and be lazy all of the time and keep putting things off. These are things you will experience with anxiety which is something I dealt with growing up, and wasn't much of a concern for me while on the medication, but something to note for people looking to use Vyvanse for the first time. Over a couple weeks I went to 30 mg and 40 mg. I'm waiting on the Dr's office to open in a few minutes.”, For ADHD: “I had taken Vyvanse as a kid, worked great for a bit, then it just stopped working years later, so I stopped taking it, my grades went down to being bad 10th grade, I tried it again because I was failing classes cause I could never stay focused, I took it again, immediately my grades became better and I finished off the year amazingly, the year after it wasn't as effective but I also started taking AP at the time, but I could feel myself getting more sidetracked, I had a girlfriend at the time, Vyvanse changed my personality a lot. This was very worrisome for me, because it felt like, at the maximum dosage, it might eventually not work at all. 21 years old in CC planning to transfer soon and much more motivated and driven. I'm 99% sure you do not have to take it everyday at all. Honestly the worst part of vyvanse was the days I didn't drink lots of water, didn't eat breakfast, and had caffeine with it. There are definitely things that made it work better for me though. Still would be if I had insurance right now. Could need more than two weeks. Personally this medicine has been a life saver for me.”, For ADHD: “I am in my thirties and Vyvanse was my first drug I tried for ADHD. And they are clear that we aren’t stupid, we have trouble with taking action and focusing. Not sure. In fact Vyvanse helps with anxiety profoundly, far better than benzodiazepines which sounds crazy but many people report the same thing.”, For ADHD: “I've had issues trying to retain information and understanding test questions and there were days where I felt very tired and depressed to were I couldn't wake up though after forcing myself to get out of bed. At 15mg, I didn’t feel any better mentally but no side effects other than loss of appetite. When I wake up the drug is active and working. Press J to jump to the feed. I am a recovered drug/alcohol addict (3.5 years) and that ”urge” moved to food. A known side effect of amphetamines is hypersexuality, which is an all-consuming preoccupation with sex that can border on obsession. Which dose are you on? Low toxicity, & does not stay in system long. All my hard work just disappeared. Weekly threads to plan and notice the positive in our lives. I’ve lost 10 pounds so far. But on a day when I don’t take it I can’t even get out of bed! I think this must be how it feels for 'normal' people.”, For ADHD: “At first while taking this medication, the side effects I experienced included increases in heart rate (which made me feel a bit lightheaded and weak), stomach discomforts (making me less hungry throughout my day). But we understand What we should do, it’s just actually doing it that gets us. Weight has gone up and down countless times depending on if I'm in my healthy mode or my bingeing mode. I have lost 10 pounds. I don’t know what happened, but it is devastating: I am so tired all the time, have no drive to do anything, binge eat everyday, I’m angry and irritable.