But these demands and attacks are not about feeling excluded, they are about regulating other people’s behaviour and objecting to anything that seems different. And, of course, in the “Queen’s own English”. But it may not be realistic for parents to expect you to learn and then teach those traditions, especially if your classroom has children from a number of cultures. Do I encourage both children and parents to use their home language? So he adapted it. (Dutch), Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo! The people hold the feast until all the logs they set on fire have burned out. Striking a balance between respecting a family's culture and standing up for what you believe in isn't always easy. Here is the translation and the Thai word for celebrate: Poetry and literature lend themselves perfectly to celebrating languages. What if you discover a parent is hitting a child? Christmas is one of the seasonal holidays that people around the world look forward to celebrating, even with just an exchange of a Merry Christmas in 100 different languages. Christmas is a religious tradition and a commercial and cultural event celebrated worldwide. (Pennsylvania German), Feliz Navidad y un Venturoso Año Nuevo (Spanish – Peru), Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia (Polish), Bachtalo krecunu Thaj Bachtalo Nevo Bers (Romani), Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom (Russian), La Maunia Le Kilisimasi Ma Le Tausaga Fou (Samoan), Bonu nadale e prosperu annu nou (Sardinian), Sretan Bozic / Vesele vianoce (Slovakian), Subha nath thalak Vewa. We hope this will help you to understand Italian better. The tradition of having Christmas trees was started by Germany in the 16th century. Different languages shape us in different ways, so imagine how boring the world would be without linguistic diversity. It is considered an expensive holiday, as for many people, it also means buying and exchanging gifts. Police are treating the note as a racially aggravated hate crime and there have been widespread expressions of solidarity from local residents. This bestows on the speaker not only the right to use it but actually a kind of moral superiority. Please find below many ways to say celebrate in different languages. Therefore, their supply of fresh meat only comes during this time. Hedy Chang, Ideas and inspiration for helping young children thrive in a diverse society, PreK–K, International Mother Language Day has been observed on this date every year since 1999, with the aim of promoting awareness of linguistic and cultural identity all over the world. It shapes our interaction, our relationships and even the thoughts and feelings that we have as people. Kurisumasu Omedeto (Japanese), Seva piroz sahibe u sersala te piroz be (Kurdish), Prieci’gus Ziemsve’tkus un Laimi’gu Jauno Gadu! Happy Christmas. If you need to type in many different languages, the Q International Keyboard can help. I’m still searching for my perfect response, but a few weeks ago, I found one that will do in the meantime. So what…, Are you dating a Latino? Labeling classroom objects in both English and another language exposes students to the abundance of language diversity every day.