Renfrow was 5-10 1/2 and 184 pounds at least year’s combine. Everyone who follows Notre Dame Football knew WR Chase Claypool would test out very well at the NFL Combine, but no one really knew how impressive Claypool would be. Claypool’s impressive showing yesterday will most likely make him plenty of money, as he will for sure move up many teams’ draft boards. Following final tests, Zuniga’s spider chart puts him the same company as pass rushing staples Justin Smith and Olivier Vernon. 2020 NFL Combine: Buffalo Bills search for next batch of contributors, Takeaways: Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills’ mistakes cost them against Arizona Cardinals, Bills at Cardinals analysis: The Hail Mary, AFC Playoff Picture: Bills will still be in first place in AFC East after bye, AFC Playoff Picture: Bills remain third in conference, but lose ground following loss, Bills 30, Cardinals 32: Rapid recap and notes, Buffalo Bills WR John Brown leaves game against Arizona Cardinals with leg injury. As a true freshman with the Irish, Claypool led the team in special teams tackles with 11, including eight on the punt coverage team. 1 among defensive players over 270 lbs. At 6’3” and 220 lbs, Chinn has catapulted his prospects into the stratosphere. Everything’s going along. His size, length and toughness is capable of completely wiping out a defender from influencing the play. What can college football's top back provide to the Indy offense? Chase Claypool WR . It wasn't likely that BYU would do enough to make the College Football Playoff in 2020 but you can certainly cross it off even as a remote possibility after what transpired Sunday evening. Another area in which Claypool can excel initially in the NFL is somewhere that is rarely talked about: special teams. With the 2020 NFL Combine now in the rear-view mirror, it’s time to examine which players managed to get some buzz going with their performances in the on-field drills and testing portions. Making a … Finke had significantly bigger hands than Renfrow, who has very small hands (7 7/8”). Combine Reaction: Chase Claypool, Cole Kmet and Chris Finke Weigh In ... Want did 20 reps on the bench press.

But if he’s willing to transition to tight end it would give him even more position flexibility, which only adds to his draft value. Currently, he can already line up on either boundary as the X or Z receiver — although his size, toughness and speed screams "classic X receiver" — as well as in the slot. Claypool has traveled a unique road to the NFL like we've seen in many Notre Dame alums before him, as he was raised in British Columbia in Canada and was one of the top college recruits to ever come out of the area. I personally believe with good coaching Claypool could play wide receiver in the National Football League. Claypool would still be the lightest tight end, but his wingspan would be third.

There are 55 receivers in attendance, and Claypool was the third tallest, weighed the most, tied for the fifth-long wingspan, had the seventh biggest hands and tied for the 19th longest arms. He’s 12 pounds heavier than what he was listed by Notre Dame, which makes me very interested to see how he runs. Coming into the Combine, Davis was considered a day three defensive tackle prospect, albeit one with very good upside. These players are on the rise after stellar Combine performances. Chase Claypool, who plenty of conversations have focused on potentially changing positions to tight end, put up an outstanding 19 reps in the bench press … Three former Notre Dame players - Cole Kmet, Chase Claypool and Chris Finke - all checked in on day one. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. He then finished second among defensive linemen in the bench press as well, while looking quick and nimble in most of the on-field drills.

And the more I come out to these events that are televised and have scouts, the more people will realize that maybe I shouldn't have been as slept on as I am.". In a win over Navy Nov. 16, he snagged four touchdowns and had 117 receiving yards. and run a sub-4.45 40 at the combine since Megatron. After being selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the fourth round of this year's NFL Draft, Eason finds himself in an ideal situation to put it all together. I think comparing Claypool to Noah Fant - a first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft - will be interesting to see. And we post something pretty much every week because pretty much every week he gives us another ridiculous highlight or two that leaves us even more impressed.

All rights reserved. He did 17 reps on the bench.

He is difficult to bring down with the ball in his hands and wants to keep going and fighting for extra yards.

While he's not the first big receiver to be talked about as a tight end, Claypool doesn't take it personally, and rather sees is as an opportunity to show off his versatility and be an asset for a team.

Every year it seems the Combine reveals a complete athletic freak at the safety position who winds up becoming a high second-day pick, and it appears this year’s example is Chinn. 30 overall to the Green Bay Packers in his latest mock draft, released earlier this week.

One of them is T.Y. The small-school player’s results included the fastest 40-time for his position at a 4.45, and top-five finishes in the bench, the vertical and the broad jump. The 40-yard time ranked seventh among wide receivers. Height: 6-4 1/8Weight 249Hands: 9 3/4Arms: 33 1/2Wingspan: 80.

Before the Combine, Claypool was a strong performer throughout the week in Mobile, Ala., at the Senior Bowl. https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.com/2020/02/26/claypool-finke-and-kmets-bench-press-results-at-combine/, Notre Dame football: Irish offer local '21 prospect, ACC Will Have Basketball Teams Wear GPS Devices for Contact Tracing, BetMGM: Notre Dame slightest of favorites at North Carolina, Dabo Swinney calls out Florida State over cancellation, Notre Dame still sitting pretty in latest Amway Coaches Poll, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Metcalf coming out in the draft last year, but when he hit the NFL, he proved to be a stud anyways. Workouts are getting underway at the 2020 NFL Combine in Indianapolis and we’ll keep you as up to date as we possibly can with any results or news that come from Notre Dame prospects in attendance. Now that NFL teams know what's all there to work with, whoever drafts him will proceed accordingly. Claypool didn't run the three-cone or short shuttle drills at the Combine, which may have given us a little clarity there. With some more work there, he'll be a dominant, above-the-rim player with the ball in the air. He enjoys playing on special teams and has been a core-four special teamer, playing on each kicking and coverage unit. Your account has an invalid email address. AFC Playoff Picture: What will it take Buffalo Bills to clinch the AFC East?

Chase Claypool, who plenty of conversations have focused on potentially changing positions to tight end, put up an outstanding 19 reps in the bench press (225 pounds). He often lets the pass into his body rather than plucking it out of the air with his arms and hands extended.

When adding in the bench press numbers along with his measureables, the NFL is drooling over Claypool’s potential. Sign up for the Fighting Irish Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Remember what feels like forever ago when Notre Dame last played a football game and Brian Kelly met the media and stated his team had already completed a Big Ten schedule and played more games than any Pac-12 program would?

“He’s at worst a third-round pick.”. Unfortunately, he broke his collarbone during the first game of the regular season and was unable to return. It’s a rare feat for the largest player at the combine to finish within the top 15 of his position group in the 40-yard dash, and Becton (5.11 in the 40) managed to follow that up by looking exceedingly comfortable in the offensive line field work. I expected Kmet to show up as one of the biggest tight ends and he didn’t disappoint. If you’re looking for a ‘move’ tight end, he can be that guy.”. It’s another step in his climb up draft boards since Notre Dame ended its season with a win over Iowa State in the Camping World Bowl Dec. 28. "I had not as many contested catches in my junior year, then a lot more in my senior year. Claypool's official scores at the Combine were a 4.42-second 40, a 40-1/2" vertical jump, a 126" broad jump, and 19 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, all of which ranked in the top 10 among receivers at the Combine this year. Of the 10 wide receivers currently on the team's roster, only two are listed shorter than six-feet tall. Sign up for the Fighting Irish Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. Irish Illustrated and 247Sports wanted to take a look at how the Notre Dame players performed at the 2020 NFL Combine. Before the 2019 season, Okwara was seen as a possible first-round pick, but he missed the final four games of the year after suffering a broken lower leg bone in the win at Duke Nov. 9. While Claypool is clearly a height/weight/speed guy, his short-area quickness appears to be lacking. "Like I said, I think I've proved I can be versatile in terms of inside, outside, No.