Gnocchi translates to  “lumps” in Italian. Red Gold offers a large variety of tomato products, from sauces to diced options to ketchups to salsas…and so much more. Season. Top with cheese. All opinions are 100% my own. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I’ll be saving this. Your email address will not be published. can diced tomatoes 1 teaspoon dried basil 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/3 … Jalapeño Mac & Cheese Recipe with Cabot Cheddar, Savory Sausage, Mushroom and Sun Dried Tomato Pizza. Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. how to make roasted jalapeños in the oven, Garlic Butter Chicken Parmesan & Brussels Sprouts Orzo with Kinder’s® Master Salt. Slice down the casing to remove the sausage if you want crumbles of sausage. Just having everything thrown into one pot to have it cook and not dirty a bunch of different dishes and pans and knives and whatnot to make dinner is seriously a time saver. Add sausage, garlic, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook through; about 5-7 minutes. Worked out perfectly and there weren’t any leftovers – which in my house means it was really good. Add Italian chicken sausage (casings removed) to the pan, breaking it apart into small pieces with a spatula and stirring to coat with olive oil. This would be something my family would dig into. REDUCE heat to medium low and add cheddar cheese. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. *Optional: Remove paper towel in an oven-safe dish and place it in the oven at 200°F to stay warm while you make the sauce. The hot sauce soaks into the gnocchi, cooking them as it surrounds each of them. Set aside. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your own favorite calculator. I’ve started to make sure I always have some gnocchi on hand. Thanks so much! Certified B Corp: Working to enrich the legacy of our farms, our families, and our communities. Delicious!! Gnocchi is always a great idea! So cheesy and yummy..I family adored this dish. Make this delicious one pot meal tonight with sausage, gnocchi, and a huge handful of mozzarella cheese! Kick up the heat and flavor in this creamy gnocchi recipe by switching out the petite diced tomatoes for fire-roasted tomatoes and substitute hot sausage for the mild sausage. What a weekend. So I remember falling for gnocchi at my parent’s restaurant when I worked there in high school. Well, your daughter is brilliant because gnocchi is the best. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions and drain. Line a large plate with paper towels and set aside. What a perfect weeknight dinner for the entire fam! Top with slightly less than half of the torn mozzarella. Looks yum and delicious. One pot recipes are the best especially at time when we are locked down due to COVID-19. Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional fresh herbs if desired, and serve hot. Return the sausage to the frying pan with pasta sauce, spinach, gnocchi and reserved cooking liquid. And those tomatoes you used look so perfect and delicious! Remove skillet from heat. Super rich food that coats your mouth, followed by tannic wine that dries your mouth out = balance. This gnocchi bake looks like the ultimate comfort food for cold nights! Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. And step 5 should say to add the gnocchi and allow it to simmer in the sauce as the oven heats up – that’s totally my fault! All that cheese will be on my dreams tonight hahah. Add chopped bacon, and cook until almost dark brown and crispy, about 7-8 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the shredded Italian cheese across the surface of the gnocchi and sauce. Your email address will not be published. Any time our oldest daughter orders from a restaurant menu that includes a gnocchi dish, you can bet that gnocchi will end up right in front of her. Wouldn’t you have to agree? 1  28-oz. Cook gnocchi according to package directions in salted water, just until al dente. Thank you so much for such a kind comment! That ooey-gooey melted mozzarella. Very good flavor. Allow the gnocchi to simmer in the sauce as the oven comes up to temperature. In same skillet or transfer to a baking dish, add the gnocchi, marinara, cream, and spices to the sausage and stir to combine. Cook gnocchi on … Thanks Jocelyn – have a great weekend! Add sausages and cook until browned and firm, about 10 minutes. My one pan creamy cheesy sausage gnocchi recipe is the perfect easy weeknight meal for when you need a bowl of warm comfort is on the table in 30 minutes.. If it’s one thing I can’t resist it’s gnocchi. Brunello is made with 100% Sangiovese grapes, and comes from Montalcino, which is in Tuscany. Option 2: Add the browned gnocchi to the sauce in the pan and stir until it’s evenly distributed, then serve it as a one-pot meal! Cook gnocchi according to package instructions and drain. (Italy)  >> Nebbiolo is a lesser known grape hailing from the Piedmont region of Italy (northern Italy), but it’s so delicious, and has some serious tannin to it. Gnocchi only needs to boil for a minute or two anyway, so it makes sense to just bake it straight in with the marinara sauce. Assemble Gnocchi Bake. In this recipe, I used their Whole Peeled Tomatoes for chunky texture and their Tomato Paste for rich pumped-up tomato flavor. Top with remaining gnocchi mixture, followed by remaining mozzarella. Thank you so much for saving and commenting, Heidy!! You’re welcome to remove it to a paper towel lined plate though if you prefer. When the kids walk in from school and BB practice, to see this on the table, all is good with the world. Shhhh don’t tell. Stir to combine. have. They got hooked on them at Olive Garden (the soup) and it is such a treat when I make gnocchi for them at home. https://www.coles.com.au/.../recipes/cheesy-gnocchi-with-spinach-and-sausage Happy Friday, Aggie! This gave the dish a much different texture than using tomato sauce or even the smaller diced tomatoes. I now will be making them with sausage and bacon. I love gnocchi and this one pot dish is amazing. Then it’s served with a mouthwatering sauce made with Italian chicken sausage, diced fire roasted tomatoes, finely diced green pepper, milk, seasonings and Cabot Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese. The rich, flavorful tomato flavor in this dish comes from Red Gold Tomatoes. It surely is. can Red Gold® Whole Peeled Tomatoes, each tomato sliced in half lengthwise, and then sliced cross-ways 3 times (you will have 6 pieces per whole tomato), with juice, 12 oz. 1-14.5 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes (do not drain) 1 medium green pepper, finely diced  ½ cup 2% milk ½ teaspoon garlic salt  ¼ teaspoon pepper ¼ tsp onion powder ¼ teaspoon garlic powder  1½ cups Cabot Sharp Shredded Cheddar CheeseOptional: fresh parsley for serving. Transfer to a plate. Traditionally potato gnocchi is dropped into boiling water to cook them but this recipe calls for prepackaged gnocchi and will cook in the liquids in the dish. The last time I made it, it was barely gone and the kids were asking when I was going to make it again. I remember doing the Red Gold Challenge last year and being completely stunned. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until gnocchi is tender, sauce is bubbling around the edges and cheese is melted and slightly browned. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring every few minutes to prevent sticking. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until gnocchi mixture is bubbling and cheese is melted. Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture just begins to bubble. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe … yum, yum, yum!!! I have a household of two, so small batch recipes are my jam. (Italy) >> I wanted to put Sangiovese here, but this is a step up from that. I like to use an Italian cheese blend for this final step, because it adds the perfect amount of flavor to any pasta with tomato sauce. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details. When both sides of the gnocchi are golden-brown, remove and place on the paper-towel lined plate. Bake. Sprinkle with parmesan. Cut sausages into 1/2 inch slices, return to the … And my family loved it! It’s awesome! I sliced whole peeled tomatoes into 6 pieces each, adding bite-size pieces of rich tomatoes to the dish. I can’t wait to see. And gnocchi! Last Modified: August 24, 2020. It’s the component of some (primarily red) wines that makes your mouth feel super dry after drinking. When both sides of the gnocchi are golden-brown, remove and place on the paper-towel lined plate. Add the spinach and stir for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. I adore anything made with gnocchi too! Sneak in a full 2 cups of fresh spinach by chopping it finely. Thank you, Carlos – nice to hear from you! If you have a cast iron pan, or a pan that can safely transfer to the oven, this recipe is going to be a dream. But tiny gnocchi? This simple three-cheese gnocchi will solve your dinner dilemma. I may have had it before as a child at home, but I specifically remember ordering it “off the menu” after one of my shifts one night and they were pretty much hard to resist after that. Once the first side of the gnocchi is golden brown, flip each gnocchi over and cook on the other side for an additional 3-5 minutes, until golden brown. lol. posted by Brenda on February 1, 2017 (updated August 13, 2020). Usually it’s tiny gifts, or maybe tiny measuring cups. *Optional: Remove paper towel and place gnocchi in an oven-safe dish. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. This Cheesy Baked Gnocchi with Tomatoes and Sausage is a hearty, simple dish, perfect for a weeknight or a special meal. But having these easy, filling meals is helpful at home! We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. And I hope you get to make this soon! Place the pieces of fresh mozzarella across the top of the gnocchi and sauce, evenly distributing them. Option 2: Add the browned gnocchi to the sauce in the pan and stir until it’s evenly distributed, then serve it as a one-pot meal! And eating all the gnocchi!! I love all the wonderful ingredients and cheese that seems to be melted just perfectly. #aflavorjournal. Reduce heat to medium low and add Cabot Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese. You can find bottles starting around $12 or so, which is a great place to start if you haven’t tried it before! Leave a comment below about this recipe and give it some stars by clicking the stars in this recipe card up above. Now may be a good time to discuss my slight obsession with tiny things. Sprinkling this cheesy baked gnocchi with shredded cheese creates a final blanket of cheesy, gooey goodness on top. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. Find a store nearby based on your location, © Copyright Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd. Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and cook until just melted. :-) This looks like the ultimate comfort food. Required fields are marked *. And it comes to you Hatti-approved. And share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #afarmgirlsdabbles! Haha my dreams are usually of cheese, too! Thickly slice the sausages. Then add garlic and cook for another minute or two, or until sausage is done. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. The results left no doubt in my mind about which tomatoes I wanted to use in my own cooking. Bake the gnocchi and sauce for 10 minutes. To cut down on the dairy in this recipe, substitute chicken broth for the milk. It’s delicious! Spread half of the gnocchi mixture onto the bottom of prepared dish. Those tomatoes are gorgeous and I love how you used whole tomatoes in the recipe and cut them yourself.