First of all, prepare the vegetables by cut the garlic, onion and chillies into thin slices. To prevent the noodles from overcooked, after boiling in hot water, rinse with cold running water and drain the water out. This is a one pan noodle dish and you need very few ingredients but is tastier and healthier than takeout. Serve with extra lime halves to squeeze over. Transfer to serving plate. If you’re new to stir-frying, or you’ve had trouble getting things to work well for you in the past, check out Part 1 of my 3-Part series on preparing Chinese greens. Stir in pasta, broccoli and remaining soy sauce mixture until heated through, about 2 minutes. Nutritional information is given for a single serving (1/4 total recipe) including noodles. My pleasure Ann! If you like chicken broccoli noodles, I recommend to try out my very popular Stir Fry Beef and Broccoli recipe. I didn’t have any thick soy sauce but added a little constarch as suggested. We have sent you an activation link, If not, you may end up with floppy steamed veggies instead of stir fried ones. Enjoy! Combine all ingredients and continue cook for another 1-2 minutes. Wait 20-30 seconds for the wok to get very hot again, then add the vegetable/sauce mixture. This blog is all about my family home cooking recipes. Add the lime zest and juice, chilli sauce and coriander and stir well. When the oil is just beginning to give of faint wisps of smoke, add the chicken. broccolini recipe, chicken and mushroom stir-fry, easy, stir-fry, udon noodles with chicken, washed, trimmed, and cut into 4 cm (1.5 inch) pieces. 8-year-old me would be flabbergasted watching me eat these (that is, if he wasn’t so preoccupied trying to find microscopic mushroom slivers in my mom’s otherwise excellent spaghetti sauce). I suppose you could consider this a ‘fusion’ dish, but possibly not in the sense you might expect; the sauce leans heavily on Chinese flavours, but the vegetables and noodles are actually Japanese. This is an easy-peasy stir-fry, and a great place to start if you’re relatively new to the process. Add the hot broccoli and mangetout, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds and gently combine. I recommend following dishes as a starter or sides. You can use any large wok, pan or skillets. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and the broccolini is deep green (but still relatively crunchy). This whole dish is easily made vegetarian by replacing the chicken with firm tofu (or doukan), or even nuts. This will help you avoid the floppy steamed veggies problem, while giving you a better chance of imparting the wonderful smoky-browned wok hei flavour that you want in a dish like this. If you use dry egg noodles, boil the noodles by the packet instructions. The taste won't be quite the same, but should be darned tasty nonetheless. Remove from pan and set aside. Transfer to serving plate. Curry Chicken with Udon Noodles No need to call for takeout when you can make this easy chicken curry dish with colorful fresh peppers, mushrooms and broccoli in about 40 minutes. magazine. Serve with extra lime halves to squeeze over. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. But what I didn’t realize until I was well into adulthood was that mushrooms are SO much more than slivered little brownish white buttons. Add the hot broccoli and mangetout, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and sesame seeds and gently combine. If you want to use beef for this recipe, choose tender steak cut and marinate with same ingredients for at least 20-30 mins. So glad you enjoyed the recipe, and I’m happy to know that the cornstarch sub worked out nicely. Let's stay updated! Perfect for a quick lunch or weeknight dinner and every family member loves! Cut off the rough bottom and separate the individual mushrooms. Add onion and tender stem broccoli and saute for 2-3 mins until the broccoli is tender. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cashews would work wonderfully. I’ve chose tender stem broccoli in this recipe because it is quicker to cook than typical broccoli but you can use typical broccoli head too. magazine this month for a half price subscription, Subscribe to the digital edition of delicious. Thank you for a great weeknight meal Sean! Instructions In a small mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar and sriracha, set aside. Try cooking the chicken, then the mushrooms, then the veggies (split the sauce between the mushrooms and the veggies). Takes 20 minutes to make, plus marinating, Finely grated zest of 1 lime, 1 tbsp juice, plus extra lime halves to serve, 4 tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce (we like Blue Dragon), 2 x 300g packs Amoy Straight To Wok Udon Noodles. Drizzle a bit of sesame/vegetable oil over the noodles, mix well , so the noodles do not stick to one another. Part 1 of my 3-Part series on preparing Chinese greens. And truth be told, I think 95% of my mushroom aversion was really textural to begin with.