What can I use for the mushrooms, i can’t get fresh ones in my area, thanks. It’s widely available at most grocery stores, but you can also find it online. The fresh noodles? Stir the chicken and garlic back in. Ah, I so wish that I was back in the desert! facebook twitter instagram pinterest youtube. Would you use cooking sake or omit it all together? Pour broth over noodles, top with chicken, and drizzle with toasted sesame oil. I have made mochi, dorayaki and miso soup before but I have never made udon. People in Japan eat Udon ususally in hot soup with some meats or vegetables. (Secret’s out, oops.) All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Add marinated chicken and caramelized shiitake mushroom to get a rich udon noodle soup. Then just use chicken and water. Pour the hot stock over the noodles, and top with the chicken and mushroom mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Put it all together in a bold broth layered with ginger, toasted sesame oil, and soy sauce and you have a delicious dinner ready in 30 minutes—start to finish. Thank you so much for this recipe. This is the best soup ever and its so easy to make. Place the eggs in a small pan and add enough water to cover. Reading through the recipe it self I could not find what the mixture or length of time for the marinate of the chicken. But in my cooking I tend to add lots of veggies. Hay, *This post has been updated from 2015, when we were staying in Phoenix! Then, I seared marinated chicken and caramelized shiitake mushrooms, because why not? Add the broth to a large sauce pan, add the ginger, soy sauce, and mirin and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook the udon according to package directions and distribute between two soup bowls. To obtain accurate nutritional information for a recipe, use your preferred nutrition calculator to determine nutritional information with the actual ingredients and quantities used. I had shopped hungry the past week and grabbed all sorts of fresh noodles, in the hopes that I would be able to make some soup that the kids would eat. they said they used fish bones to make the broth. I want to ask you for this recipe , of I want to put vegetables in, fo I need to cool them before hand? Taste and add more salt, if you like. Yes, that’s all the marinade is, Shayla––just salt, pepper, oil, and cornstarch. I like Japanese food very much and with your vídeos it looks so easy to prepare. Mmm. 1 Cook the noodles: In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. So easy and smells amazing! Korean stores usually carry bonito flakes too, so look around! Too salty? document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ada13e62f0d54ec43f6b4dfbd95bae38" );document.getElementById("i9b66b1637").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); I'm Deborah, the cook, photographer, writer and nutrition enthusiast behind The Harvest Kitchen. I unfortunately do not have access to sake since I am 17 however I do have access to 3 Korean stores. 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil This udon soup recipe comes together in about 30 minutes start-to-finish. In my recipe, I used a different approach by searing the chicken and then briefly steam-roasting it in a 3-ingredient sauce. Most chicken udon soup recipes boil the chicken in the soup or use leftover chicken as the topping. This soup isn’t great for freezing because of the tender greens and the noodles.