:). This Vegan Cajun White Beans and Rice recipe is an easy vegan dinner with authentic... What’s better than a comforting bowl of soup on a cold day? How many days would these last for do you think out of the fridge? Mixture should combine to form balls easily. Sustainable living tips? It might eventually form one giant ball in the food processor; that is okay! This post will answer all your questions about carbs! This recipe was made out of my want need for protein-packed snacks that 1. aren’t chock-full of sugar, 2. will keep me satisfied for a little bit, and 3. don’t taste like cardboard. Depending on the protein powder and nut butter you use, the nutrition of these balls will change. Drizzle the chocolate over the balls. Since I used a sweetened, vanilla flavored protein powder, you'll want to adjust your sweetener (you can use stevia drops, maple syrup/agave nectar, or coconut sugar) and add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. They’re perfect for a sweet snack on-the-go. So it came out too soft and I can't make the balls out of it. Hi there, are there any substitutions you'd recommend for the applesauce? :) I love RawFusion in Vanilla Bean - it has 21 grams of protein in a 112-calorie scoop. Hi Andrea! Put the nuts, seeds and oats in the food processor and blend until coarse. ★☆. These Chocolate Covered Chickpea Protein Balls taste just like cookie dough, but also pack a ton of protein! Let me know what you think of them. So do I! Chocolate Covered Banana Peanut Butter Freezer Bars (GF, vegan-friendly) », Chocolate Covered Banana Peanut Butter Freezer Bars (GF, vegan-friendly). 1/2 cup walnuts (or swap for an extra 1/2 cup seeds if making for lunchboxes). I grabbed my handy dandy ingredients and started blending, and these little balls of joy were born with the perfect soft texture, the right amount of sweetness, and healthy ingredients that you can feel good about! If this ever happens, I'd recommend adding a bit of flour (I'd use oat flour, but any would work) until the batter is thick enough to roll out. Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut and roll in extra coconut. This time I decided to use almond butter, which is less pasty and my chickpeas are a bit overcooked. Place each ball onto the wax paper. February 3, 2020 In a small bowl, add melted oil. Tip: For a healthy nut free lunchbox snack, swap nuts for an extra 1/2 cup of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I'm vegan so I do not eat whey. Thanks so much for sharing! My kids are not big fans of taking yoghurt to school so these snacks give me comfort that there is a high-protein snack in their lunchboxes to help fill them up. Hm, I wouldn't leave them out for more than a couple hours since the base is chickpeas. I’m a vanilla girl at heart, so shout out to all you out there. I love aquafaba, too! Is there anything I could use aside from protein powder? Thanks, Emma! The chickpea energy balls have to whipped up in the food processor or blender, which is super quick. Let me know if you try the recipe! If I can put a chickpea in something, I will! You definitely need to make these! Blend the chickpeas, honey, water and vanilla extract to a smooth paste. Never have I seen an energy ball recipe made with chickpeas so props to you being a trend setter! Let me know how this works! I've never manned up enough to throw beans into my desserts/sweets, but I've been seeing so many from our BGB fam lately that I think I need to start ASAP. You definitely need to! Hi Marina! I love making healthy treats and surprisingly everyone with the nutrition facts! I seriously love that these are made with chickpeas, how creative! Out of the fridge? Is there a way I can make these without the protein powder? Coming’ right atcha on this lovely Tuesday. I tried these but Even after adding 1/2 cup of flour they were too sticky to roll. I mean, c’mon, how can you blame me? Do you like plant-based recipes? If not, you’re in for a special treat, because these little babies will SRSLY rock your world. ;). Cheap! Being a part of a community? Set aside. We don't really use them and the protein in the chickpeas is enough for me! It makes it sooo much easier thank you ;). bookmarked for when i get home!! This is actually my first batch of balls – ever. Thank you!! Scrape down sides as needed. These are fantastic! Roll the dough into 15 balls. Ingredients: 2 cups of Chickpeas ¼ cup Peanut Butter 2 tsp Vanilla Extract ¼ cup Rice Malt Syrup 2 tbsp Coconut Oil 3 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder 1 tbsp Almond Flour ¼ cup Organic Dark Choc Chips or Cacao Nibs Thanks. It's like joining a VIP club, but totally free. Since I love experimenting with aquafaba I need to make something other than hummus with all the chickpeas I have! Balls balls balls. Seriously, your photography is stunning. I literally try to add beans to everything, so desserts/snacks are not off limits for me. Did you substitute any ingredients? Roll the dough into 15 balls. Thanks so much, Elaine! These are the perfect on-the-go snacks since they're full of protein and will keep you satisfied between meals. Also on the ingredient list: almond/peanut butter, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla protein powder (I love this one! Learn more about me. Hey Joan! My protein powder was sweetened, so you may want to adjust the amount of maple syrup/stevia extract as well as adding about 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. I like it!!! I'm curious to know which protein powder you use, and what the protein content is. I was ready for the balls. I adore chickpea based desserts, and rolling them up into protein balls is brilliant. After reading through oodles of Davida’s ball recipes on The Healthy Maven and seeing them everywhere on the interwebs, I decided enough was enough. I’ve created more than 20 healthy meals, snacks and desserts for no more than $3 per serving. ;). You’ll learn what they are, the... #ad are you looking for a balanced on-the-go snack, #AD learn how to make savory oat crepes made w/ @q, embracing cozy cozy cozy this season ☕️❄️, #AD “are oats gluten-free?” I’m partnering w. Line a baking sheet with wax paper or foil. Let them cool in the fridge, or enjoy as is. Eating healthy does not have to be expensive. And they only got it then because I always use beans as a "weird" ingredient- ha! I wonder what i did wrong?! It should be like a soft dough texture. These Chickpea Protein Balls are great for lunchboxes or a healthy work snack as they are loaded with protein and can be made nut-free. Pulse to combine until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth; stop to scrap the sides if needed. Pulse the chickpeas in the food processor or blender until they are broken up and slightly smooth (but not hummus-like consistency). I'm pretty sure there's not a snack/energy bite I don't like! <3. These look so easy! Servings: 25 small balls. Store these in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. From my fancy schmancy calculations, if you rolled up 15 balls, each would have 4 grams of protein for about 60 calories! Joan. They’re perfect for a sweet snack on-the-go. Let me know if you give these a try, Jeannie. Def on my to-do list. Of course, once you mix the ingredients in your food processor and roll them up, you can leave the balls as is and enjoy them plain in their vanilla-y goodness. Pulse to combine until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth; stop to scrap the sides if needed. These are the most BEAUTIFUL balls I have ever seen. These look great! :). Eat all the balls, friends. Spoon chickpea mix into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Can't wait to try them. They taste just like cookie dough! These look amazing! You could use any mashed fruit (like banana or even pumpkin). omg emily how have i not made these yet?! My kids are not big fans of taking yoghurt to school so these snacks give me comfort that there is a high-protein snack in their lunchboxes to help fill them up. Thanks. The chocolate drizzle looks amazing! xx. Jk, I guess I owe you for raising me. In the bowl of a food processor, add chickpeas, protein powder, almond butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 6-8 drops stevia, applesauce, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. It’s funny. (that sounds so ridiculous that it's too funny for me to change) And, usually, I cut the sugar (in every recipe), but these definitely needed the sweetness, so I compensated with adding some chocolate chips. This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. If mix is too dry, add 1 tbsp water, more honey, or peanut butter. These look so great. These energy balls … First, the base of these balls – CHICKPEAS! I really hope you guys love these Chickpea Protein Balls! Thanks so much, Rachel. You could try using an equivalent amount of oat flour (just blend up rolled oats until it becomes a powder) or any flour of your preference. I know, it’s a shame. Almost like little balls of cookie dough mmmmmmm :). Hey Lina! You're the sweetest, Les <3. I love using beans to make balls (ha- saying balls is always funny- no matter how old;)) One time I used kidney beans for chocolate truffle proteins balls & nobody in my family knew there was beans in it until I had them guess the special ingredient. READ: Simple! Thanks for supporting the blog I love oh-so-much! Did you use a whey based protein powder or a vegetable based? You can have the balls. Fudgy energy balls filled with alternate sources of plant based protein- and no one can tell they’re filled with chickpeas! Combine with nut mixture + coconut and cinnamon. We both need to try something new! I'm glad your first balls experience was a good one!! I've never made chickpea blondies! I've made these with peanut butter before and they came out perfect. It should be like a soft dough texture. Thanks so much, Alexa! These look so yummy. Hi Ruby! They’re full of fiber and protein, and no one will know there’s beans in their balls (hehe). by Nicole Dynan. Sign up for the Emilie Eats newsletter to get all of this and more in your inbox. Add chocolate chips and pulse until chocolate chips are incorporated. These Chocolate Covered Chickpea Protein Balls taste just like cookie dough, but also pack a ton of protein! You could also try to omit it completely and add a bit more nut butter and/or almond milk to get the right consistency. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips, and blend in food processor until fully incorporated. Rubbing the skins off the chickpeas took the most time, but it’s really not so bad. Slowly stir in the cocoa powder until there are no lumps. BUT, I know most of you basically live for chocolate, so of course we had to add a little something something. Okay, if you haven’t gotten frustrated yet with my clever plays on the word “balls,” thanks for sticking around, friend. Thanks, Sweet beany balls of delish? Delicious! I have some protein powder coming in the mail and I'm thinking they need to be made into these beautiful bean bites!! Btilliant! Any tips on how to thicken it? Thanks! You can try to replace the protein powder with 1/3 cup oat flour, which you can make by grinding rolled oats in a blender. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. ★☆ ★☆ I’m a blogger and future dietitian with a passion for sharing plant-based recipes and sustainable living tips. I bet some of you already have most of these ingredients in your house already. Doing this allows for a smoother consistency, but it’s not necessary. That't exactly what I said when I made them!