form a strategic partnership called N.C. Needs to be mulched in winter in colder climates. Often called the “hardy Chinese ground orchid” in the bulb trade, this species is by far the easiest terrestrial orchid to grow. The flowers of Ground Orchids are born on long stems that wave above the plant and have a classic orchid shape in a miniature form, complete with the small spots and speckles. This relatively easy-to-grow orchid produces slender, pleated leaves. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. 3.5 out of 5 stars 12 ratings. However, in cold climates they are easy to grow in pots … Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. Reviewed in the United States on January 4, 2018. Unable to add item to List. Plant corm-like pseudobulbs to 4” deep in spring. It begins flowering in June and the bloom cycle lasts up to 2 months. Which one do you think will survive? Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. This is my all-time favorite flowing perennial, Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2014. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Reviewed in the United States on September 15, 2017, Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2015, Picture attached of what I received in the mail today. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. This plant arrived beautifully in the mail. Blooms a 2 inches wide. It can be grown as a container plant or as a landscape specimen in zones 5-10. Cooperative Extension, which staffs local offices in all 100 counties and with the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. Please try again later. Please try your search again later. Watch for aphids, white flies and mealy bugs. Plant corm-like pseudobulbs to 4” deep … Please try again. N.C. Growing Bletilla (Hardy Chinese Ground Orchid) Latin Name Pronunciation: bleh-till'-ah A deciduous terrestrial Orchid for woodland gardens, with blossoms that resemble little Cattleyas opening in June … This is a different species of the genus than the ones I have grown in the past, but they seem to be as hardy. There was a problem completing your request. Next summer I will plant it outside and see if it does anything. They are semi-tropical, and must be protected from freezing temperatures. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. Cooperative Extension prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran status. Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2017. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. This is a semi-hard terrestrial orchid which can be grown in beds, borders, or pots. Chinese Ground Orchid; Hardy Orchid; Phonetic Spelling bleh-TIL-ah Description. Produces small cattleya-like pink-purple blooms in racemes of up to 12 blooms. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Bletilla yokohama 'Kate' Hardy terrestrial orchids are exotic perennials that can be grown in outdoor gardens (zones 5 and higher). Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. This is a semi-hard terrestrial orchid which can be grown in beds, borders, or pots. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Hardy in Zone: 5-9 Deer Resistant Blooms in June and July Grow in sun or shade The plant you will receive is growing in a 4" pot. Be careful where you plant it. Experimentally I planted one in the ground. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. If planted in any reasonable compost that doesn’t sour, it will grow … Store corms in moist peat at 32-35 degrees F (0-2 degrees C), Partial Shade (Direct sunlight only part of the day, 2-6 hours). Reviewed in the United States on April 26, 2015. We do not have any recommendations at this time. This is my all-time favorite flowing perennial. These orchids arrived in good condition and already had buds. Apparently it's delicious?!? NC State University and N.C. A&T State University work in tandem, along with federal, state and local governments, to There was a problem adding this item to Cart. It can be grown as a container plant or as a landscape specimen in zones 5-10. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. Although fairly hardy, it may be grown in a pot … 'Kate' Chinese Hardy Ground Orchid - Bletilla yokohama - 4" Pot. rePotme Slotted Clear Orchid Pot - 8 Pots - 2 Each of 3, 4, 5, and 6 inch. Deer resistant. The flower spikes reach 40" tall with as many as 35 blooms per spike. In late spring, arching stems of pink orchid flowers appear. The deep yellow lip has sunny red spots and is surrounded by two rose-colored lobes. Read our Commitment to Diversity | Read our Privacy Statement. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Bletilla 'Kate' is a vigorous plant with long sword-shaped leaves. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. I have had this plant for 2 years and it has never bloomed or grown very much and I have a green thumb with orchids! A real curiosity, treasured in the shady rock garden. Price: $7.99 ($7.99 / count) The deep yellow lip has sunny red spots and is surrounded by two … (Yes, the one on the right arrived looking dead. There's a problem loading this menu right now. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I was worried about it surviving a hard winter; but we just had the coldest winter in years, and my hardy orchids came back with a vengeance when many of my plants failed to make it. Still healthy and grew like I bought it from the store. Please try again. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. ), Reviewed in the United States on May 30, 2015. very small and arrived with only a few leaves. It begins flowering in June and the bloom cycle lasts up to 2 months. The 2" lavender blooms have darker lavender streaks in the center of each petal. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. 'Kate' Chinese Hardy Ground Orchid - Bletilla yokohama - 4" Pot Brand: Hirts: Orchid. Reviewed in the United States on August 1, 2017. Planted it in the ground and so far it hasnt done much. Once planted they bloomed and thrived. It may make a better indoor plant. The deep yellow lip has sunny red spots and is surrounded by two rose-colored lobes. After flowering, continue to provide regular moisture until the leaves die down. The flower spikes reach 40" tall with as many as 35 blooms per spike. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Produces 3-5 upright, pleated, sword-shaped leaves up to 12 inches long. This flower will not disappoint, unless of course you leave it unguarded outside with the gluttonous creatures of the night. TOP 5 TIPS For Growing Flowers in Your Garden! Waiting for plant to get bigger and better adjust to its new home. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.