You will probably find the ingredients for the cake in your kitchen cabinet :-). Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. I’ve never heard of them. Read the blog post for additional information on how to make Coconut Chocolate Cake, how to store and freeze the cake, substitutions, etc. Repeat two more times. Add desiccated coconut and mix. By clicking OK or continuing to browse this website, you agree to the use of cookies as described in the, Dreikönigskuchen (Swiss Three Kings Cake). Slowly mix in hot water until combined. Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) cake tin around the bottom and sides with some baking paper. More about me ... By submitting your comment or message, you agree to share your personal data. Spread the frosting over the cake and let it run down the sides, and sprinkle over the dessicated coconut. Leave the cake to cool in the pan on a wire rack. After the cake has cooled down, pour chocolate glaze over it. CONVERSIONS To convert from cups to grams, and vice-versa, please see this handy Conversion Chart for Basic Ingredients. In addition to coconut … Repeat with remaining pastry cream and top with the third cake layer. Because of the desiccated coconut added to the cake batter, you may realise that the cake is quite crumbly, but don’t worry, it’s still moist and very chocolatey. This cake works best with chocolate with at least 60% cocoa solids, and the darkest, richest cocoa powder you can find. Add the ground coconut and fold until it spreads evenly in cream. https://www.lilcookie.com/coffee-irish-cream-chocolate-snowballs/. Wrap baked and cooled cake layers tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator. Warm regards from Australia, In a separate bowl, dissolve the white chocolate in the microwave or over double-boiler until it is completely melted. Place one of the cake layers on a serving plate, bottom side up. Thank you! Many thanks. I am a big lover of chocolate and coconut so immediately was drawn to this recipe. Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) cake tin around the bottom and sides with some baking paper. Looks incredibly delicious! Watch the 83 seconds video to see the whole process of making Coconut Chocolate Cake. I did make the chocolate coconut snowballs myself – this is the recipe: But anyone who is a fan of Bounty bars would not need any persuasion on the comforting combination of milk chocolate and coconut. And it looks absolutely delicious. This cake is a perfect for chocolate and coconut lovers and a great idea for birthdays and other special occasions. A perfect recipe for beginners at baking because it is so easy to follow. Stir with a whisk and set aside. Hello, I think it would be perfectly fine to substitute the cream for milk in this recipe. In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder and stir to combine. Source of recipe – “Chocolate” by Donna Hay. The chocolate coconut cake is made of 2 layers of soft chocolate cake (with some coconut in the batter) filled with white chocolate and coconut cream and topped with dark chocolate ganache that’s also dripping on the sides. Add in the remaining whipped cream and gently fold until you get a uniform cream. Salted Chocolate And Coconut Cake Method. I look forward to making many of your cakes. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and dessicated coconut. Your email address will not be published. I will probably make this one for my son’s next birthday . Peel the parchment paper off the bottoms before filling. Pour the thickened pastry cream through a fine-mesh sieve then stir in the butter until fully melted. I love the coconut and other flavors! Add desiccated coconut and mix. Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate and mix until well incorporated. Although you don't need to cut it all the way through, it's ok when you do so. Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until risen, pale-golden and firm … Then open the vanilla bean and scrape out the flavorful seeds with the back of your knife. Tap out any excess and set aside. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate bowl and stir well to compare textures. I want to try this CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE immediately! Assemble and frost the cake within 2 days. Cool the cake for about an hour in the freezer. Thanks, Katrina! Place one cake layer on a cake stand, turner or serving plate. This cake is absolutely beautiful! Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter, one-third at a time. Stir in dry ingredients to combine. The cake will crumble if you try to handle it before it's completely cooled. Bring it to room temperature just before serving. Just use the same quantity. Thank you Debi! Then add coconut milk and vanilla* and stir to combine. Give the dish one small tap on the bench to break any air bubbles that may have formed then sprinkle the coconut flakes over the top. Double Chocolate Muffins with Raspberries. gradually add half the flour mixture, followed by the coconut milk, and then the remaining flour mixture. The batter will be thick. Let cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes. Spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. Thank you! Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. I resembles in its flavors to Bounty chocolate bar and simply delicious if you like it. Add the gelatin sheets to a bowl of lukewarm water for 3-5 minutes until soft. But no matter the weather, I hope you will still enjoy your holiday here . https://www.alsothecrumbsplease.com/unbelievably-delicious-smores-cake/. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For the fudgy topping, melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Did you make them? They look beautiful and I am certain they are moist and delicious. Add coconut milk and mix until incorporated. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This recipe serves about 8-10 people. Saying you this, you’ll turn when you walk down the street, thinking that you have a crazy groupie chasing you, but I get excited every time you post! Line a cake tin (23 cm in diameter) with baking paper. If you want a simple, no-fuss chocolate cake with a tender crumb and full of chocolate flavour, this is the cake to try. Chocolate Coconut Cake Recipe. Pipe mounds of the remaining coconut cream and decorate with chocolate and coconut snowballs. Make cake according to package directions and bake 28-30 minutes. Spread ¼ of the frosting over the cake. Cut a thin layer off the tops of your cakes to create a flat surface. I will take a look at that book, it seems nice. Remove from the heat, add chopped chocolate then put away for 2 minutes. Place a layer of cake on top of a serving dish and gently brush with coconut milk. Use an offset spatula to spread the batter all the way to the edges of the pan and smooth out the surface. Add the gelatin sheets to a bowl of lukewarm water for 3-5 minutes until soft. Bake at 170°C, preferably without the fan, for about 60 minutes or until a stick inserted into the cake comes out dry. Keep stirring until all of the chocolate has melted … Of course, you can definitely brush the layers with sugar syrup too, only the sweetness here comes from the filling and coating. Peanut Butter Macaron Cake with Banana and Chocolate, https://www.lilcookie.com/coffee-irish-cream-chocolate-snowballs/, Caramelized White Chocolate Cookies with Pistachios and Blueberries. The title and entry link will be automatically added below the message. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray. With your hands, press some ground coconut to the cream on the edges of the cake and on the top. Shared! Remove the cake from the freezer and tightly wrap in plastic foil twice. Once the gelatin has softened add to a small pan and gently melt over a low heat, it will only take a few seconds to melt then stir into the chocolate cream. Or layers can be triple wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 2 weeks. Add the chocolate to a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pot of barely simmering water. Set aside to cool. After chilling for 4 hours, place the Coconut Chocolate Cake (without decoration) in the freezer until it is firm, for about 2 hours. Keep the cake in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Divide the batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans. Comments with links may not be published. Sift in powdered sugar and mix until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. For decoration I used chocolate and coconut snow balls that made it look even cuter. Preheat the oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan. Let cool to room temperature. 4 ounces (113 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped, ⅔ cup (56 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting the pan, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, 4 ounces (113 g) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, ½ to 1 cup (43-85 g) shredded sweetened coconut. Keep stirring until all of the chocolate has melted then add the remaining honey and a generous pinch of salt. HOW TO FREEZE COCONUT CHOCOLATE CAKE OPTION ONE: THE WHOLE CAKE. To find out what personal data we collect and how we use it, please read our. Of all my chocolate coconut baked treats I can honestly say this is the tastiest, most insanely delicious chocolate coconut cake I have ever created. Return back to the fridge for an hour or two to set then just before you are ready to slice add an extra sprinkling of sea salt over the top along with some grated chocolate. https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/melt-and-mix-chocolate-coconut-cake Hello, my name is Thanh!I'm an Aussie living in Switzerland and I love to cook fast and easy meals for my family, using fresh and seasonal ingredients. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Push the oat mix firmly into the bottom of the lined cake tin and place in the fridge to chill whilst you make the mousse. It makes a pretty large cake but it keeps really well too. Pour the cake batter into the tin. Make the frosting by melting the dark chocolate in a small saucepan, and then whisk through the butter. You can definitely make this cake in 2 different pans rather than slice it after baking. so beautiful and easy! Line a cake tin (23 cm in diameter) with baking paper. Stir in the shredded coconut. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Thanh!!! If you are in a hurry, carefully wrap the warm cake layers in plastic wrap and freeze them for 30 minutes to an hour to speed up the cooling process and make the layers easier to work with. Hope you will enjoy this recipe! Thank you! PS: Please, Thanh, tell me that you have order nice weather this summer, not like last year. Stir … After this time, mix until smooth and glossy. This dessert wins the day, any day! Spoon ¼ cup of the chocolate glaze over the top of the cake. If you have a convection oven with a fan, please consult the manufacturer’s handbook on how to adjust the temperature and baking time accordingly. a conventional oven without fan). This cake looks like it came from a fancy bakery! So far, we’ve had some lovely warm weather the past few weeks and even went for our first swim in the lake last weekend. Angela. Place the oats, and nuts into a food processor and blend until you have coarse crumbs then tip into a mixing bowl.