Tangy, sweet, and awe-inspiring. For those of you who are the type to scrape some of the frosting off your birthday cake. +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!! Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly. Excellent recipe and easy. I was short one square of chocolate so I used 3 TBS. I would recommend this to anyone who is a chocolate lover and I think it would probably actually work best on a non-chocolate cake in order to appreciate it fully. Something went wrong. I ALSO USED LOW FAT CREAM CHEESE AND IT STILL CAME OUT FABULOUS. Basic Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Some tips: beat the cream cheese and butter together until light, fluffy and free of lumps. have used with white, milk and semi sweet chocolate at different times on this recipe and all have been sooo good and not soo sugary!! This was all used on the "Fudge Cake" recipe.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), YUM! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Finally, I'd suggest not adding ANY milk until the end, and then do so little by little! The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Rich, chocolatey, creamy and not too sweet, this was simply perfect. How To Make Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. frosting. cocoa powder 1 TBS. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together before adding - again, to ensure no lumps or bumps. normally i try to stay within the peramiter of the recipe here and am glad i do but i have been sooo tired of the sugary icing as much as i like icing!! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. But a great chocolate frosting is a must. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I wanted a pure chocolate frosting so I didn't add the cinnamon and this is exactly what I was looking for. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17887/chocolate-cream-cheese-frosting I did tweak it a bit though: Only 3 cups of powdered sugar (4 seemed like too much), and I ditched the cinnamon completely. You can substitute half-n-half or milk if you don't have evaporated milk. Have all ingredients at room temperature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lovely, rather expensive-tasting (so be sure the cake deserves it!) [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])-[]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!!  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), This is an excellent frosting and I have made it a few times in the last few months before writing this review (wanted to give it a fair shake). In this luscious alternative to chocolate buttercream, the addition of cream cheese cuts the sweetness and lends a lovely tangy flavour. Its creamy and sweet taste makes it one of the most popular frostings. Frosting can make even an ordinary dessert recipes extraordinary.. have to admit i did alot of tweaking on this and boy did it pay off!! It was more of a dark chocolate flavor a little bitter tasting. For a darker frosting, you can add more cocoa or up to 110g of melted chocolate. THIS FROSTING HAD A GREAT CONSISTENCY AND SUPERB FLAVOR. 20 Jan 2010 and it was like gilding the lily! Please enable Cookies and reload the page. Not sure if the cream made it taste different... but it was delicious. My husband asked for some brownies with frosting and i found this recipe. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together before adding - again, to ensure no lumps or bumps. Thanks for a fabulous recipe. I used half fat cream cheese for a less-sinful result. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Even with a small amount of confectioners sugar it was a great consistency. cream… Whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with 5 Tbsp. Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Rather than opening up a can of evaporated milk for such a small amount called for, I simply used half and half (milk would be fine too) until I had the desired consistency to pipe it onto "Banana Cupcakes," also from this site. So, frost and wait a day to allow the cream cheese and sugar to meld together. 274 calories; protein 2.8g 6% DV; carbohydrates 43.5g 14% DV; fat 11.6g 18% DV; cholesterol 21.3mg 7% DV; sodium 85.2mg 3% DV.