I am so thankful that you made this recipe , I just took them out the oven and they are cooling down. Thanks Nicci! I just tried the frosting but the color didn’t turn out brown like yours. Can I use almond flour instead of regular flour. Thanks for the recipe❤️ Lots of love from Russia❤️. I haven’t tried that before so I’m not sure! They are so sooooo good! Do you make or buy cakes for your kids’ birthdays? Love how moist these are. So glad you enjoyed them! I usually let them cool for about an hour just to be safe. If you need a little help with getting the right frosting consistency, check out my tutorial. I have made lots of chocolate cupcakes, but this by far is the best recipe I’ve tried! They are delicious, moist and very chocolatey. I do believe it would work with these cupcakes. I’ve shared several different chocolate cake and cupcake recipes, including the ones used in these cupcakes and this cake. I recommend regular unsweetened cocoa powder. yes. They might even be more moist on day 2 and 3. That wouldn’t really be enough Kahlua to taste it. If so how much? Seriously take it from me, this is the best recipe hands down right here. Gosh! Stir in vanilla extract. Seriously, these moist chocolate cupcakes are super moist and wonderfully full of chocolate. I think it’s gong to be the Pina Colada one! Can i use dutch-processed cocoa? Preheat oven to 350. I wanted to do an eggless version of the same. They’re delicious but I made so many and don’t need to eat them all now! You’ll also love my chocolate fudge caramel brownies, chocolate turtle poke coke, triple chocolate chip cookies and better than anything chocolate cake. I saw that your chocolate turtle cupcake with caramel pecan frosting has a different recipe than this one. If you’ve frosted your chocolate cupcakes, you’ll need to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Some posts may contain affiliate links. So glad to hear you’ve loved the recipes! Thank you so much, love this recipe. *. Yes, you can use cupcake frosting and it’ll be just fine. Thank you very much for sharing this. https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/baileys-chocolate-poke-cake/, Hi wonderful recipe, that pic made me to bake these for my little one, only I have a doubt, if I want to bake only half of the recipe as it’s too many cupcakes, should I use half egg or full? My daughter’s response to the cupcakes was “it is super delicious!” My husband and my in-laws loved them as well. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed both of them! Just tried making them. A few everyday ingredients make an ordinary cake mix cupcake extraordinary! In order to make moist chocolate cupcakes, it’s important to use the oil, sour cream and pudding mix. I could eat a dozen of these cupcakes! I have not. . You should be able to leave them at room temperature for about 24 hours. If they overflowed, it’s because they were overfull, despite being careful about it. 13. Flour/sugar measurements don’t make sense. Also..super easy to throw together. Thank you. Hi, i really thank you for this recipe ,i made it for my girl’s 1st birthday and it was really amazing and all my guests loved it and thanks for uploading the vedio. Can I freeze these bad boys? And if ever how much is the ratio? The cupcakes should be good for 3-4 days. Method. Any idea why? Your email address will not be published. One thing I wanted to mention – has anyone put leftover frosting in the freezer to use later? If you want a version more like the vanilla cupcakes (as in reduced liquid), I’d suggest this recipe but made as cupcakes with instructions like the vanilla cupcakes. It is by far the best and most moist batter for chocolate I have ever made. These chocolate cupcakes were the best I’ve ever made. These cupcakes were very good, but were sticky and fell apart. They were so soft and full of chocolate goodness, we couldn’t just stop at one! Do you have other cupcake recipes that are similar texture ones? Do you have a layer cake version of this recipe and does the sponge freeze well? You definitely need to let your cupcakes cool completely prior to frosting them. I’m not sure if I added too much of something. Hi! If unfrosted, they can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Can you use this recipe to make a round cake? I am making a dozen of these cupcakes and a dozen of your vanilla cupcakes along with your buttercream frosting recipe. Hands down these are  the best cupcakes I’ve ever made. I love your recipes and have made several if then.I think about baking all the time now! I also tried your vanilla cupcake recipe and they came out great as well! So smooth and delicious on its own. Way to go Lindsay! can you leave the frosting out ? Fill the cupcake liners about half way and bake for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. The only change I made was to cut the amount of hot water to 1/3 cup. Will be replacing that with this easy to follow recipe. Also, can I let go of egg.. if not, can you suggest a substitute to egg. Will it not work for this recipie? There are plenty of other frostings that taste delicious though…below are a few of my go-to’s. Cups only half filled. I just want to ask if I can use regular milk instead of buttermilk? Question – Are these super sweet? They taste absolutely amazing. You can make a cake – I actually have that Chocolate Cake recipe here. I don’t use a convection oven, so I can’t say for sure. I made these cupcakes today and they are literally the lightest yummiest I have ever had. I will say though that some people have success with them and some people don’t. Love these cupcakes!!! 4. The cupcakes aren’t out of the oven yet, but it’s making the whole house smell really good! Glad you enjoyed them. This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. Hey, can we use normal cream for the frosting rather than whipped cream and any milk chocolate? Thank you. Hi, thanks for this recipe! I saw your link to the cake recipe where the frosting is more like a buttercream frosting. And the batter tastes good, I am so exited to try them! You won’t believe how easy these are to make! You should be able to do an even swap for cake flour. The first batch is so squishy and the top is full of holes. I have made A LOT of cupcake and cake recipes in my life but NONE compare to the moistness and flavor of this recipe! I also halved the frosting recipe and it was plenty for me. That stickiness is just from the moisture. The cupcakes turned out great, as far as I know. The recipe does not say and I couldn’t clearly tell by the video. I’m gonna use coffee, to bring out the chocolate flavor even more Thank you…this recipe is the best! I’ve been looking at the difference between your chocolate and vanilla recipes and I was wondering, would I be able to just leave out the cocoa powder in order to make vanilla cupcakes in this specific recipe? The cupcakes were amazing and I don’t even want to try any other recipe for a cake! You would want to double the recipe and adjust the baking time. MMMMM chocolate lover’s delight!!! And be sure to add at least a teaspoon of good instant coffee to your hot water! They are each one cup. It should probably be refrigerated since it’s all butter. l found the recipe needed about 1/2c more flour and turned out perfect. This post may contain affiliate links. Would I bake it at the temperature and do you know approximately how long I should bake it for? How could I use this recipe for a 9×13 cake? Add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Then add in the chocolate chips (this prevents them from sinking) and stir until combined. HI. Hello. Yes, flour and sugar weight differently. I have to walk away because I just finish TWO of them! Preheat oven to 300°F (148°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with liners. Really appreciate your thoughts. Loved it. For some reason, it taste differently when I use baking – like there’s an after taste to it. It depends on the recipe, but yes I do tend to use water. Thank you so much! Personally my favorite vanilla cupcake is a cupcake version of my moist vanilla cake. Or does it need to be refrigerated? It was perfect with the amount I used. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and chocolate pudding. Easy with minimal ingredients too. I did use a bit less powdered sugar (used about 3 1/2-4 cups) but I regularly use less powdered sugar in most frosting recipes as I hate really sweet frostings. I love it and will add it to my permanent cook-book, just as i did the other three! Ingredients 1 devil's food cake mix oil eggs, and milk instead of water called for on box + 1 extra egg 1 small package chocolate instant pudding 1 cup sour cream 1 teaspoon vanilla High Altitude… I just used the chocolate cupcake and used a fresh strawberry frosting instead… But these really are the best chocolate cupcakes I’ve ever made. I’m so glad I found your blog! Would it work if I did a 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup oil? Do you the standard size cupcake tins? I haven’t tried it to be able to say, but I’m guessing it’d be ok. Awesome!! Your email address will not be published. tks, I’m not sure what you’re asking or which cookies? Glad you enjoyed them! Let us know how it goes if you give it a try. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. I have made these a few times and always get compliments. I figured they were not mini’s, but could not tell if they were the huge ones or standard sized. My 12 year old daughter has recently acquired a love of baking.