They will occasionally outfish any other bait. And while I’ve never fished a tournament for the purpose of winning money, it was very nice to see all my hard work and effort finally pay off. A 10-vehicle, gravel parking area with four handicapped parking spaces is available. I got a hold of a couple good ones today on the Ta, The Eastern NC Bass Challenge visits the Neuse Riv, We got a little stump action going on with the @hu, This never gets old. The activity begins before daylight and continues at intervals throughout the day, with dawn and dusk being the more dependable times. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies. On June 2 I participated in the Chowan River Bass Bash and took home a 1st place check for $2000! Yellow perch are active around Roosevelt Island, taking small minnows, plastic grubs and horsehead jigs. BURKE LAKE - Nightcrawlers and minnows are taking panfish, while bass anglers are using live bait, plastic worms and grubs, and jigs. SOUTH HOLSTON RESERVOIR - Very little action, with only a few crappie and smallmouth being caught. Stripers are biting around the channel markers in the river, from Potomac Creek to Colonial Beach. Choose a bank that drops into 10-20 feet of water and fish the baits down the drop for best results. The Chowan River has become my favorite place in the state to bass fish… and for obvious reasons. Crappie fishing is fair to excellent at Union Bridge and Twin Ridges. Walleye and largemouth bass are taking live shad, fished on the bottom along the main lake points. The flat below Colonial Beach is giving up stripers on minnow imitating baits on the outgoing tide, early and late in the day. OCCOQUAN RIVER - Crankbaits, worked along the rock wall, are taking a few bass in this river. senko is killer in the trees, and the water is usually a weird black/clear. Water temp in the morning was about 41* and got up to about 44.5* in the afternoon when I pulled out. The Chowan River has become my favorite place in the state to bass fish… and for obvious reasons. LAKE ANNA - Striper fishing is good at this time. BUGGS ISLAND LAKE - Bass fishing is good throughout the lake, with the bass holding in pockets, coves, and bluff banks. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Don't neglect topwater poppers. Smith anglers are reporting small white perch, small bass, small catfish and a few walleye. LAKE GASTON - Crappie are stacked around the boat docks and submerged brushpiles in 14-16 feet of water. Please enter a password for your user account. Drop shot rigs, fished on the dropoffs in good tidal flow, are producing good catches of bass. POTOMAC RIVER - UPPER - Smallmouth action is slow and primarily limited to the deeper holes in the river. With $2000 in winnings, this was by far the most money I’ve ever earned in a single tournament. Stripers are running to 20 pounds. SHENANDOAH RIVER - Most anglers are hunting and no reports are available. Anglers fishing the Smith River are reporting good catches of nice sized trout. Live bait is working well for those who are using it. #gonefishing, You should surround yourself with people who make, I did a little fishing today. Crappie fishing is good under the bridges, around brushpiles, under boat docks and suspended over creek channels. Chowan River fishing is probably the most popular pastime here. Lake Prince is reporting stripers and some citation yellow perch, along with a few crappie, pickerel and bass. Jig 'n pig, plastic grubs and shad imitating crankbaits are the better choice of baits. LAKE CHESDIN - Crappie fishing is excellent, with lots of good fish available. In order to be able to post messages on the Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes forums, you must first register. Crappie are biting well in some of the creeks, notably Aquia and Mattawoman. When using live bait, put one bait up on the shallow portion of the bank while fishing the deeper water with a second bait.