LOVE this recipe! And let me just toot my own horn here by telling you that this was so damn delicious. ? O hai: don't be afraid to use skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Cook onion wedges in the reserved pot—the same one you seared the chicken in—over medium heat, stirring often, until golden brown in spots and translucent, 4–6 minutes. ♥︎. Place a cold, dry large Dutch … ","position":2,"name":"Stir together the curry powder and kosher salt....","url":"https:\/\/www.thisgalcooks.com\/coconut-curry-chicken-thighs\/#mv_create_380_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat (I used a 12 inch cast iron skillet). My chicken thighs reached 165 after 30 minutes of baking.Serve the chicken thighs and sauce over cauliflower rice or your favorite whole grain, such as brown rice or quinoa. I season the chicken thighs and cook them in the skillet in some sort of healthy fat until they’re a gorgeous golden brown. Super flavorful (though I had extra cayenne for spice, not watery, easy, relatively quick (was able to do other things while waiting for cook time), and modifiable to your liking. Cooking advice that works. Instructions I need to use my cast iron skillet more – this looks like a great dinner for us Julie! You can also subscribe without commenting. its nobody fault, so lay off them!! I did notice that when preparing the coconut FLAKES with the other ingredients, onions, etc. 4) Braise at 270 15 minutes It was amazing!!! I gave all of my other stainless skillets to my mom! Yum! So tasty and satisfying. (Who doesn't love a good topping?) Didn’t have a problem with chicken skin sticking. If you are worried about perfection for your guests, i suggest you cook something you know you can nail.... BA has a different kitchen than you, different ingredients, etc. So I will do the final uncovered bake at 275 for 2 hrs. It seems that I have found my peak creative times and those times almost never (actually, just never never) happen around dinner time. The chicken skin up yields crispy skin but super juicy chicken. Just double it, its delicious Used a Dutch oven and seared in batches instead of crowding the pan. Total Time: You know those days when you stand in front of the fridge for what seems like days and nothing speaks to you? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This recipe is delicious. Pingback: Over 30 Whole30 Recipes that Everyone Will Love | This Gal Cooks. Cook Time: Cut remaining lime into 4 wedges and save those for serving later. I drained most of the chicken fat before adding the onions, garlic and ginger. Add stems and toasted coconut to bowl with onion mixture (don’t toss the mixture just yet, otherwise the coconut will get soggy). Sunday morning at around 10am? We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Did NOT make the topping, as it did not sound good to me. , Your email address will not be published. I used Pomi Required fields are marked *. Place a cold, dry large Dutch oven on the stove—no heat yet! Pingback: Savory Low Carb Recipes on This Gal Cooks | This Gal Cooks. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside. get a small plate and eat some.....it probably needs a fair amount of salt. ***note, tomatoes may splatter when they hit the heat. (Peeling knobby ginger with a vegetable peeler is a pain, but a spoon can get into all of those little nooks and crannies much more easily. ","position":1,"name":"Preheat your oven to 375. Nutrition Information: And I have been having quite a lot of those lately. Let’s be friends on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER and PINTEREST! Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat (I used a 12 inch cast iron skillet). Cut the now-zested lime into wedges and squeeze the juice over onion mixture. This Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs recipe uses the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The sweet potatoes need about 40 minutes to be tender. (Try not to fuss with the thighs too much while this is happening, just let them be. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside.Reduce the heat to medium. Return the chicken thighs to the skillet and turn off the heat. Serve chicken thighs, curry sauce, and veggies over rice. After 30 minutes, uncover Dutch oven and add potatoes and remaining coconut milk. This recipe come together in under 30 minutes so it is perfect for weeknight dinners. Reallllly good! ***note, tomatoes may splatter when they hit the heat. I love cooking them in my cast iron skillet with seasonings and sauces and veggies. Also will use chiken breast. This simple, big-flavor chicken thigh dish is a great intro to the fundamentals of braising—once you've got the method down, you can braise just about anything. Nestle all of your chicken thighs in there, skin side down, so that there is as much skin-to-pan contact as possible (it's fine if they're crowded together). Pour in the coconut milk, cream and honey and allow to come to a simmer. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside. I'm Alida, mom of twins and creator of Simply Delicious. © 2020 Condé Nast. Today we are talking about all of the goodness that’s CHICKEN THIGHS! Serve Coconut Curry Chicken over rice and garnish with cilantro. Perfect for the Keto diet. Yep, we’ve all had them. The flavor is really delish – I think that bit of honey is inspired! QUALITY, folks. Your recipe looks fantastic! Add the spinach and cook until wilted. This is a good time to do some of the prep work outlined in the next few steps.) Swirl the oil in the skillet to coat it. How would you rate Coconut-Curry Braised Chicken Thighs? Love these flavors!! So glad you liked it. Sliced green onions for garnish I loved this recipe! Thank you! ½ tsp kosher salt Loved the tip on starting the thighs in the cold braiser to give plenty of time for the fat to render while they browned and crisped.