Product codenames are the mysterious cousins of official product names. A bit puzzling, since I expected your AI would find the connection. The more Vulcan-like on your engineering team are going to want to build structure into your codename process, and as a general rule I think it’s elegant when a codename allows for future codenames that show discernible progress. You are allowed to give a clue for only one word (cashew: 1 ) but it's fun to try for two or more. As I’ve moved into internal projects I continue to apply #1, but I lean towards trying to find a codename that is so good, it just gets adopted as the product name. “Why are all of these classes prefix with TSU? Play Codenames online across multiple devices on a shared board. For shorter release cycles, I am becoming a fan of alphabetically ordered, thematic codenames. Each team should then appoint a spymaster, they will be the clue giver for the game. If your idea or product is shitty, a codename will never help. One of our senior engineers spun up a product to address the feature gap and after three weeks we called it “Snowball”. It was the 240Z which not only became a great car, but started a line of numerically named sports cars. The external team know what foo.oh means, but they can be forgiven for not being hip on or even remotely interested in your internal product code names, which can serve to introduce layers of confusion and annoyance. I once worked for a company who’s major versions and point 1 releases were codenamed after fruits. They knew of all the engineers on the team, this engineer was the one most likely to produce a product we could build on. I’m not talking about online Scrabble or other video game equivalents here. It is rather noun oriented, but it can come up with interesting clues. Try Mexico and Canada. If Marketing is picking a codename then you don’t work at a product company – you work at a marketing company. Codenames Rules Overview. We were also encouraged to have less-pessimistic code names and so we went with: Codenames are like pet names between lovers, and you generally don’t want to subject outsiders to your inner fantasy world. Pregame Setup The subsequent releases had a different lead and he picked Orangeline as the next release name, then yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. You've selected 400 words. Brilliant. Codenames: Duet is a cooperative word game for two or more players. A codename usually has nothing to do with marketing. Number of players: 4+ with the option for 2 or 3 players. I obviously don't know your algorithm, but I wonder if you've considered finding the intersection of words from the clues' definitions (or synonym lists)? They laughed because they got it – they knew we had a snowball’s chance in hell of building this product in time. Timer OFF. Codenames Gadget is a companion app for Codenames that provides a random key card generator and timer with voiceover alert. That’s ROY G. BIV for you wavelength nerds in the audience. This: “We need you to deploy Hitchhiker’s Guide 3.7 on Dec 5.” As a compromise, management gave us 3 stability releases with no new features, only “reliability improvements,” over the next 18 months before the project would go into maintenance mode. Archived. Yes, I might need to tweak it so it favors words that are not strongly related to just one of the words. A clue is only one word, but it can point to multiple words that you want your partner to guess. The game needs the players to split into two even teams.