Holmgren P, Norden-Pettersson L, Ahlner J. Caffeine fatalities--four case reports. Caini S, Cattaruzza MS, Bendinelli et al. Effects of caffeine on human behavior. Leitzmann MF, Willett WC, Rimm EB, et al. Please consult your health physician before consuming these drinks. Inhibition of elimination of caffeine by disulfiram in normal subjects and recovering alcoholics. Nutrients 2011;3(11):937-50. Science is like a small child, it is easy to manipulate or abuse, but not inherently bad. Early research suggests that drinking coffee is linked to a reduced risk of NAFLD and reduced liver scarring in people that already have NAFLD, when compared to not drinking coffee. That would be too long. The effect of caffeine on postprandial hypotension in the elderly. Vieira AR, Abar L, Chan DSM, et al. Mental alertness. May DC, Jarboe CH, VanBakel AB, Williams WM. View abstract. If that won’t cut it, there are one or two natural creamers on the market that are a bit better than traditional that might be worth the extra pennies. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I’ve switched to a half-and-half mix of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and heavy whipping cream (actually it’s 3/4 almond milk, 1/4 cream), and some Stevia. View abstract. This means it dilates your blood vessels, and as a result, reduces blood pressure. de Roos B, Caslake MJ, Stalenhoef AF, et al. What I am saying is that coffee creamer is comprised of a key ingredient THAT DOES cause heart disease, diabetes and high cholesterol. We may not be talking “sprouting warts on your tongue” or “breaking out into hives”, but the coffee side effects are very real. Drinking decaffeinated coffee does not appear to have the same effect. View abstract. The caffeine in coffee can also speed up the nervous system. Coffee might increase blood sugar. View abstract. Manufacturers take an oil (palm, kernel, soybean, corn or. Brenner H, Rothenbacher D, Bode G, Adler G. Relation of smoking and alcohol and coffee consumption to active Helicobacter pylori infection: cross sectional study. View abstract. View abstract. I’ve been adding NuNaturals stevia with half and half and enjoying it immensely. My favorite is, 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk The big question – yerba mate VS coffee. View abstract. Thanks for sharing your creamer recipe – I’ll have to give that one a try while I still have almond extract in the cupboard! TOSSING IT TODAY! Coffee consumption, rheumatoid factor, and the risk of rheumatoid arthritis. I know I sound like I am fed up with these things, that’s because I am. Coffee decreases the risk of endometrial cancer: A dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. haven’t tried maple syrup yet, sounds yummy! View abstract. Have you done your research on artificial sweeteners? Heart. View abstract. It’s your place to be inspired, be motivated, and stay on track with your clean eating goals. Avoid drinking coffee at the same time that you take levothyroxine and for an hour afterwards. Coffee contains caffeine. Cancer of the lining of the uterus (endometrial cancer). Tea and coffee consumption and risk of colon and rectal cancer in middle-aged Finnish men. Mexiletine (Mexitil) interacts with COFFEE. Watson JM, Sherwin RS, Deary IJ, et al. View abstract. View abstract. I don’t think so. Any statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and any information or products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease or illness. Trans fats are created in a lab. Disulfiram (Antabuse) can decrease how quickly the body gets rid of caffeine. (check all that apply). that are easy to make to help you avoid the processed foods! View abstract. Coffee and acute ischemic stroke onset: the Stroke Onset Study. Tiffany, I can go on and on …. Caffeine as an analgesic adjuvant in tension headache. Let me tell you a short story. A pharmacological review. But other research conducted in North America and Europe has not found a link between drinking coffee and the risk of colon and rectal cancer. Zuchinali P, Riberio PA, Pimentel M, da Rosa PR, Zimerman LI, Rohde LE. –Heather, random stranger from the internet, Hi Heather! Effect of caffeine administered intravenously on intracoronary-administered adenosine-induced coronary hemodynamics in patients with coronary artery disease. So, now it’s time to answer the question, “Is coffee bad for you?” Are the side effects of coffee a deal-breaker, or can you keep drinking regardless? A critical review of caffeine withdrawal: empirical validation of symptoms and signs, incidence, severity, and associated features. Kamimori GH, Penetar DM, Headley DB, et al. . If I am at somebody else’s house I add a spoonful of maple syrup. BMJ 2003;326:420.. View abstract. So my solution was to use non-dairy creamer as my alternative (because it tastes great). You can take this whole “ban everything” a little too far. View abstract. Coffee can decrease how much alendronate (Fosamax) the body absorbs. Personally, with yerba mate, I get the same energy from a cup of coffee. JAMA 1992;268:3224-7. But I’ve never felt tired or hungover after drinking yerba mate or coffee.